The Student Room Group

Further Maths GCSE AQA Paper 1 (Unofficial mark scheme)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chittesh14
Lol, you seem quite intelligent.
Have you finished the whole syllabus for the exam (FM GCSE)?

Rep me for my intelligence :biggrin: :lol:
Yeah kins of but the main thing is as i said silly mistakes that take away my marks :lol: and also sometimes not reading the question carefully.
Have you finished your syllabus?
Original post by Ano123
There is a turning point at (0,0), not an inflection point though.

Ok no idea, I haven't drawn out the graph... I am doing other things at the same time lol.
Original post by Darshan98
Rep me for my intelligence :biggrin: :lol:
Yeah kins of but the main thing is as i said silly mistakes that take away my marks :lol: and also sometimes not reading the question carefully.
Have you finished your syllabus?

I actually finished around half of the syllabus lol, I've just learnt most of it in A-level maths and I'm so lazy I didn't bother.
I'm going to learn the syllabus today lol..
I actually finished around half of the syllabus lol, I've just learnt most of it in A-level maths and I'm so lazy I didn't bother.
I'm going to learn the syllabus today lol..

Oh are you doing a-levels?
Yeah same. I was feeling lazy thinking of this exam as my last exam. And i think this might not be the case with everyone but I can never focus much on my last exam :cry: :lol:
Ok no idea, I haven't drawn out the graph... I am doing other things at the same time lol.

Inflection points.png
Original post by Ano123
Hmmm, no inflection point at (0,0).
Try this question. I need help
Find the stationary points and determine their nature of the curve
y=0.1x5+x2-x3-x

x coordinates of stationary points:

x = -2.78 or x = 2.14
x coordinates of stationary points:

x = -2.78 or x = 2.14

Nature?
Original post by Darshan98
Oh are you doing a-levels?
Yeah same. I was feeling lazy thinking of this exam as my last exam. And i think this might not be the case with everyone but I can never focus much on my last exam :cry: :lol:

No, as in I done GCSE Maths in Year 10, so I started like the first module of A-level Maths.
I wish I had done it properly lol I'd have finished it in Year 11, anyway whatever.
I need to start revising at 5:30 for this exam - I'm going to go into the exam having done no past papers, as usual.
Going to play a bit of games now lol
Original post by Ano123
Nature?

Idk what nature of a curve is - only heard of it before.
Idk what nature of a curve is - only heard of it before.

It means the question is asking for the stationary points and whether the staionary points are max, min or inflection.
Original post by Ano123
It means the question is asking for the stationary points and whether the staionary points are max, min or inflection.

Oh right, I'm pretty sure you can do that without any help lol.
Oh right, I'm pretty sure you can do that without any help lol.

Maybe. But the question is, can you do it?
Original post by Ano123
Maybe. But the question is, can you do it?

Yes lol
Yes lol

So then tell me, what are the stationary points, maximum, minimum or inflection points?
Original post by Ano123
So then tell me, what are the stationary points, maximum, minimum or inflection points?

Already told you the stationary points and could've gave the full co-ordinates but clearly, I was too busy hence why I stopped replying. I will do this tomorrow or if you are so desperate, later at midnight.
Already told you the stationary points and could've gave the full co-ordinates but clearly, I was too busy hence why I stopped replying. I will do this tomorrow or if you are so desperate, later at midnight.

No actually find the stationary points and determine whether they are minimum maximum or points of inflection of the curve y=x4 .
Wrong attachment
(edited 7 years ago)
What was the tangent to the curve question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ano123
No actually find the stationary points and determine whether they are minimum maximum or points of inflection of the curve y=x4 .
Wrong attachment

What question is this?
Original post by guy321
What question is this?

What do you mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending