The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
I've just completed (and awaiting my final classification on the 7th) a Biological Sciences degree at UEA :h:

Ayy! Congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by Imperion
Ayy! Congratulations :biggrin:

Time will tell, I'm sharing the fear at the moment :scared:

What are you hoping to study/ where are you hoping to go to? :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
I was so happy to see the questions I did. However the fact that I'm feeling happy about the exam makes me think I've actually got a C because 99% of the time when I'm feeling confident I've done worse than I think. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. Looking back I could have done better on the 9 and 33 markers... argh I don't know!

One, just one! Then I am finished with A-Levels which will feel so good to say after 3 years! :smile: What about you?

I know the feeling! I feel as though the majority of my exams have gone well, but last year I felt the opposite and did well! Ugh... This year is so much more important too. A 33 mark question? That's a weird number!

I have two left! Chem 5 and biology 5 this week, then I have a nice 3 months off. Hurrah. I need it!
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AACCC
A2 predictions - AAA (I need AAB for University)
What subjects are you taking? OCR Biology, AQA Chemistry and AQA Mathematics
How are your exams going? My Biology exams have gone reasonably well (I had to retake both exams from last year as I got 1 off a B!), CHEM 4 seem alright and I feel okay about CHEM 5 on Wednesday. However, the C3 and C4 exams for Maths were horrible! S1 was good though...
To which university are you hoping to go to? King's College London
To study what? Pharmacology and Molecular Genetics
How are you feeling about results day? I feel a bit nervous as I actually fly back from my holiday on the evening of the 18th so my parents will have to collect my results! Hasn't completely sunk in yet though, I still have 3 exams to finish!
Original post by lilGem
Time will tell, I'm sharing the fear at the moment :scared:

What are you hoping to study/ where are you hoping to go to? :smile:

Y'know, that's the kind of deathflag you hear in a good series :indiff:

Maths and hoping for Cambridge buuuut my results will tell if I can apply and if I can get over my newly discovered laziness but I guess I'm warranted to be lazy since my last exam is tomorrow, right? :tongue:
Original post by claraoswin114
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AACCC
How are your exams going? My Biology exams have gone reasonably well (I had to retake both exams from last year as I got 1 off a B!), CHEM 4 seem alright and I feel okay about CHEM 5 on Wednesday. However, the C3 and C4 exams for Maths were horrible! S1 was good though...
How are you feeling about results day? I feel a bit nervous as I actually fly back from my holiday on the evening of the 18th so my parents will have to collect my results! Hasn't completely sunk in yet though, I still have 3 exams to finish!

Molecular genetics is a thing... learn something new everyday.
Y'know, that's the kind of deathflag you hear in a good series :indiff:

Maths and hoping for Cambridge buuuut my results will tell if I can apply and if I can get over my newly discovered laziness but I guess I'm warranted to be lazy since my last exam is tomorrow, right? :tongue:

ooh good luck! I have some friends who have just finished at Cambs doing a number of courses :smile:

You can do it :woo: then you can enjoy freedom, well for a bit :h:
Original post by lilGem
ooh good luck! I have some friends who have just finished at Cambs doing a number of courses :smile:

You can do it :woo: then you can enjoy freedom, well for a bit :h:

Thanks! and well, I can tell myself "In 12 hours, I'll be free!" xD
Thanks! and well, I can tell myself "In 12 hours, I'll be free!" xD

It's a great feeling! :woo:
Original post by claraoswin114
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AACCC

If it helps I thought AQA C4 was horrible as well! I didn't find C3 too bad, but I think I'm in denial. :laugh:
Original post by sophiebookley
If it helps I thought AQA C4 was horrible as well! I didn't find C3 too bad, but I think I'm in denial. :laugh:

I didn't finish either paper so I'm quite worried! They were both so much harder than the previous years which was unfair!
Original post by Sacred Ground
I know the feeling! I feel as though the majority of my exams have gone well, but last year I felt the opposite and did well! Ugh... This year is so much more important too. A 33 mark question? That's a weird number!

I have two left! Chem 5 and biology 5 this week, then I have a nice 3 months off. Hurrah. I need it!

I guess we'll find out... Less than 60 days now! :redface: I know, last year I would have been ecstatic to get BCC but now I NEED ABB. Yeah I know 😂 I mean why couldn't they make it 30 or 35?

Oooh good luck to both! My firm actually starts in less than 3 months now! I don't think it will hit me until Results Day though because I can't let myself look forward to it yet.
Reply 272
does anyone know when grade boundaries and official mark schemes are being released this year as I rememeber last year they came out at around mid july for Edexcel. Cheers
Original post by GGHD67
does anyone know when grade boundaries and official mark schemes are being released this year as I rememeber last year they came out at around mid july for Edexcel. Cheers

Grade boundaries are usually released about a day before results.
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AABB
A2 predictions - AAA (need ABB for Uni..will probably only get BBB but mitigating circumstances hindered me)
What subjects are you taking? Maths, Chemistry, Physics...all AQA
How are your exams going? I want 2 rip my eyes out fam
To which university are you hoping to go to? Lancaster University
To study what? Engineering (Chemical)
How are you feeling about results day? I want 2 rip my eyes out fam
A-Levels: History, Psychology, Law
AS Grades: distinction*, A, A, B (resat the B this year)
Predicted: A*,A,A/B
Firm University/Course: History at Lancaster
Required Grades: AAB

All exams are over now😊, thank god..
All went well other than psychology, but many of the AQA lot found it tough, so heres hoping for low grade boundries 🙄

August just needs to hurry up now..
I screwed up SCLY4 so badly, and the questions were evil... bye bye Cardiff :cry:
I screwed up SCLY4 so badly, and the questions were evil... bye bye Cardiff :cry:

Sameee man! So horriblee

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't mind the questions...but now I think I messed them up and did them wrong since so many other people hated them :frown:
Are you AS or A2? AS
AS grades - dont have any duh :tongue:
A2 predictions - teachers havents predicated but hopefully AAA or A*AA
What subjects are you taking? Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Spanish
How are your exams going? idk enuh they went ok but you never know
To which university are you hoping to go to? possibly keele or so not sure
To study what? medicine but if not chemistry
How are you feeling about results day? so scared ...

Quick Reply

Latest