Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
context two 5 marker I put 22 not 22000 fml
Original post by BirdIsWord
Can't remember.. Something .1

+3.1%
Reply 262
Original post by BirdIsWord
Lol the eu in/out came up. Go hang yourselves AQA ****ing scum then tape it so I watch you guys slowly die

umadbro?
Anyway judging by your lingo/avi are you a miscer by any chance lol (u aware?)
Original post by onur_m
I rounded it before multiplying by 100 for some reason lol so I said 23000. Do you think I will get 2/3 marks for that?

Me too just bumping for a reply
for the real GDP per capita wasnt it the real gdp divided by the popultion size ? i got 23 bn i think.. something like that.
Original post by Anymorefor123
for the real GDP per capita wasnt it the real gdp divided by the popultion size ? i got 23 bn i think.. something like that.

I got 22.756 and rounded it to 23000 euros, yep.

I think the others calculated the per capita real gdp for an year other than 2014.
Original post by taichingkan
Same context and essay, I feel like I might have lost quite a few marks cause I think my responses were too focused on AS, like I didn't talk about the new A2 stuff like globalisation or trade.

It's alright I think I did the same tbh. We shall see. Provided the economic argument is sound and that you make it up in other areas it isn't normally an issue ... (I don't think so at least) :smile:

You needed to convert (multiply population by a billion and he real gdp by a billion).

It was yeah, but it wasnt in billions it was thousands as it's pretty much the average yearly amount
Original post by Caius Filimon

I think the others calculated the per capita real gdp for an year other than 2014.

No I did the same year. You need to convert them into millions and billions though.
Original post by Alextaylor6
nah i think it was only a section

I think the mark scheme will vary because diferent people's interpreatation of what the exact numbers were, I got 2.73 so I think it will be lenient, something like accept 2-3%
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Context 2 and Essay 1.

Given I ****ed up Econ 3 I really felt like this saved my grade. Lovely paper, feel reasonably confident! That being said I do think people will have screwed up the EU questions, albeit some will take the economic focus the question was asking for ...

Same! I think I said that between 2011-2013 one category rose (listed figures for start/end) but that over the same period the other category fell in value (listed figures for start/end)

I did exactly the same questions as you and feel exactly the same way! I'm glad I didn't mention any EU stuff, I didn't really in the EU context, either, I know AQA hate anything political especially if it's remotely right wing, even by mistake, so I'm glad I remained very neutral. I wish I had a bit more time on Essay 1, but apart from that I had no regrets.
Original post by High Stakes
No I did the same year. You need to convert them into millions and billions though.

So why exactly can one not take the 1085 billion (it was similar to that I think), divide it by 46,500,000, and multiply it by one billion?

cool and then for the main essay i basically ( sorry my explnation is going to be long) but i started off with a little intro and talked about the phillipis curve argument.

how despite demand side policies used to increase growth.. reduce unemployment e.ct. is good to reduce cyclical unemployment, boost growth e.ct. its useful up to a certain degree

monetarists argue there will still be higher inflation/ same level of unemployment in the long run = nairu, that demand side policies arent good at solving

brought in supply side policies .. qouted the data a fair bit " the mismatch of skills".. suggesting possible structural/ frictional unemployment problems and how supply side polcies e.g. training could help bring those down

along side increasing further employment as those people spend more
making exports more globally competative as our LRAS shifts= more AD= more employment e.ct. e.c.t

and basically ended with the fact that both policies in moderation need to be implemented, to not only increase AD, make sure growth is sustainable ( no positive/ negative output gaps) , and reduce the rate of unemployment in the long run..

evaluated the policies mentioned too of course,
Reply 274
Original post by High Stakes
Main arguments:

> How supply-side can increase employment + LRAS Graph.
> Eval: Requires AD otherwise it's only potential growth + Showed using production possibility frontier.
> Explained supply-side in the context of structural unemployment --> Because demand-side won't help solve the "mismatch" of skills of workers coming from declining sectors (like the manufacturing sector).
> I evaluated and spoke about the natural rate of unemployment - the economic concept that no matter what happens in the short run, the economy will always return to the NRU in the long run. This could be the case because the UK's level of unemployment was very low and many economists believe we have neared/reached the NRU.

That's what I remember off the top of my head.

I did nearly exactly the same as you here lol, NRU and that too
Original post by SSJ100
context two 5 marker I put 22 not 22000 fml

You might get marks for working it out correctly. I got 49000 or something, ahahahaha. Still don't know how to calculate it to get 22000, I spent ages on that question as well!
Context 2 and Essay 1.

Given I ****ed up Econ 3 I really felt like this saved my grade. Lovely paper, feel reasonably confident! That being said I do think people will have screwed up the EU questions, albeit some will take the economic focus the question was asking for ...

So you think people got political with the question instead? Lmao
Original post by zedqr
I did nearly exactly the same as you here lol, NRU and that too

sick, same ideas :smile: phew... so many people didnt even mention the phillips curve thought id done something wrong... lmao
I did 1058 divided by 4650000, at first I wrote 23 and then changed it for some stupid, unknown reason! Not that 23 was right, anyway. But maybe they'll give me a mark for the 23 bit. Oh well, it's only a maximum of one or two marks . . .
So why exactly can one not take the 1085 billion (it was similar to that I think), divide it by 46,500,000, and multiply it by one billion?

That is mathematically the same thing? I don't know why we're different in our answer then other than the rounding up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending