The Student Room Group

Police called as woman hands PEN to EU referendum voters as rigging fears sparks

Thousands are using the Twitter hashtag #Usepens to urge voters not to use the pencils provided in polling booths up and down Britain.

There are fears votes could be rubbed out and replaced.

The Electoral Commission has confirmed both pens and pencil markings are accepted, and it was down to individual choice.

But in one polling station in Chichester police stopped a member of the public from lending pens to all voters, claiming a Remain campaigner called the officers.

She wrote: “Police came to Chichester polling station called by REMAIN side to stop me lending my PEN to all voters. #fraud.”

She later said it was someone at the Chichester polling station.

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/682745/usepens-vote-rigg-EU-Brexit-referendum-polling-booth-station
Had a little shock there, I used a pencil to write my cross!
Original post by LettuceBeReal
Thousands are using the Twitter hashtag #Usepens to urge voters not to use the pencils provided in polling booths up and down Britain.

The Electoral Commission has confirmed both pens and pencil markings are accepted, and it was down to individual choice.

But in one polling station in Chichester police stopped a member of the public from lending pens to all voters, claiming a Remain campaigner called the officers.

She wrote: “Police came to Chichester polling station called by REMAIN side to stop me lending my PEN to all voters. #fraud.”

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/682745/usepens-vote-rigg-EU-Brexit-referendum-polling-booth-station

LMAO I saw this on Twitter, but it was a PSCO not the actual police that turned up; and apparently the polling booth themselves phoned them not Remain voters
The police also told the hysterical polling booth staff to calm down and that it wasn't a criminal matter
It would be easier to just spoil the ballot, look out for 46% spoiled ballots.
Original post by The Roast
Had a little shock there, I used a pencil to write my cross!

Hope you voted remain!!!! :biggrin: :yy: lol

Read More:

Aaah but what if she was a secret REMAIN activist loaning people a pen with special disappearing ink in it???

Read More:

Conspiracy theories... Already?
Original post by Joinedup
Aaah but what if she was a secret REMAIN activist loaning people a pen with special disappearing ink in it???

What if she was sent by the lizard people and the pen is a mind control device?
Reply 9
Original post by Platopus
Conspiracy theories... Already?

Yep, the strongly pro-Brexit Express getting the excuses in early, we'll have a few days of this to look forward to assuming all the rumours of Remain winning are true, the Express will be full of nonsensical stories about rigging and fixing tomorrow I bet :lol:
Original post by Olie
Yep, the strongly pro-Brexit Express getting the excuses in early, we'll have a few days of this to look forward to assuming all the rumours of Remain winning are true, the Express will be full of nonsensical stories about rigging and fixing tomorrow I bet :lol:

Wait, I thought there was no exit poll? How do we know who won already?
Reply 11
I voted OUT but it looks we lost:mad:
Reply 12
Perhaps a suspicion that handing out pens only to leave voters is technically breaking the law. Whether that works if the pens are to be returned afterwards I don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest