The Student Room Group

Crowds cheer as 93 year old lady votes Leave

D'aww

Just took 93yr Mum to vote, she's registered blind. In a very loud voice she said, "Which box for out?" A cheer went up from waiting voters

https://twitter.com/keitheadams/status/745921551661469696

Strangely enough, immediately on making that Tweet that person was viciously attacked and abused by Remain supporters. Why do they have to be so vile?

On another matter, the YouGov turnout-o-meter predicts a Leave win based on a +1 Remain lead in the polls and high levels of turnout reported today

https://yougov.co.uk/turnout-o-meter/?turnout=78&overallremaing=1&agefactor=1&classfactor=1
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:lol:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Clearly a lie.Blind people vote with braille.Leave campaign lying as usual.
Original post by ckfeister
:lol:

Nervous laughter, I see
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Calm down. People who go blind because of old age don't know Braille, it's really only people who are blind from birth or for a significant portion of their life.

Why are Remainers so hysterical about this one tweet? It makes you come across as neurotic and paranoid
Original post by Thutmose-III
Nervous laughter, I see

Thats the lol face
Original post by ckfeister
Thats the lol face

It signifies nervous laughter when a Remain supporter is becoming neurotic about a story about a 93 year old lady
It signifies nervous laughter when a Remain supporter is becoming neurotic about a story about a 93 year old lady

Oh remain side been desperate throughout this referendum since it began.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a bit slow or something?
Original post by The_JoKeR
Are you a bit slow or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
???
Calm down. People who go blind because of old age don't know Braille, it's really only people who are blind from birth or for a significant portion of their life.

Why can't an old person learn braille?

Did you not bother to do any research into the subject or read anything else on the twitter account, at the very least?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I read the twitter account and this is what came up.Dont get what your getting at.You would be more productive if you made your point rather than throwing insults.
Original post by DorianGrayism

You don't know many elderly people, do you? People who suffer from macular degeneration in their 80s don't learn Braile just like when old people go deaf they don't learn sign language.

This lady suffered from macular degeneration. The hysterical shrieking about "It's a lie because she'd use a braille ballot" shows how desperate the Remain side is
D'aww

https://twitter.com/keitheadams/status/745921551661469696

Strangely enough, immediately on making that Tweet that person was viciously attacked and abused by Remain supporters. Why do they have to be so vile?

On another matter, the YouGov turnout-o-meter predicts a Leave win based on a +1 Remain lead in the polls and high levels of turnout reported today

https://yougov.co.uk/turnout-o-meter/?turnout=78&overallremaing=1&agefactor=1&classfactor=1

Looking at his replies/mentions "vile" doesn't fit any of what people are saying.

Why are Remainers so hysterical about this one tweet? It makes you come across as neurotic and paranoid

Original post by DorianGrayism

He never said they couldn't learn it. He said they don't always know it since they haven't had to learn it.
You don't know many elderly people, do you? People who suffer from macular degeneration in their 80s don't learn Braile just like when old people go deaf they don't learn sign language.

This lady suffered from macular degeneration. The hysterical shrieking about "It's a lie because she'd use a braille ballot" shows how desperate the Remain side is

:rofl:
Original post by Asiimov
Looking at his replies/mentions "vile" doesn't fit any of what people are saying.

Really? People saying "Good, she'll be dead soon" isn't vile?
Original post by 0to100
:rofl:

It's a reasonable question. I know lots of working class people tend to have lower life expectancies so they don't really know anyone over 65 whereas almost everyone in my family lives until their late 90s or early 100s. As such I've seen what being 93 is like. 93 year olds don't learn Braille
awhh wish I could've done that :biggrin:

People... People

WHICH BOX FOR OUT!?

(This is the part where you flood the thread with cheering)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending