The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harriet1998
For anyone doing the morals essay

What is the case (Brown) about sadomastic acts trying to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more about what you say it says. So compare Brown v Wilson and arrive at conclusion.

Brown: homosexual bdsm convicted
Wilson: heterosexual bdsm acquitted

Can be used to say that judges imposing their own moral beliefs (I.e. that homosexuality is wrong).

Why shouldn't morals coincide? Inconsistencies, unfair, subjective prejudice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rust Cohle
Sure I can look it over but I haven't yet gone through fault so can't give you full accuracy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Rust Cohle
From what I see it looks great, nice and thorough. One thing you might want to do is include reference to legal moralism vs libertarianism with respect to your examples of judicial decisions.

The last part in conclusion seems out of place and may be construed as offensive although it might be because this is just the plan so not fully developed.

A big thing it looks like your missing is a continued response as to whether should/should not coincide; your giving facts but there's no assertion it seems. Use your examples to show why they should.

Overall, I'd say you're looking at sound PCA for it since everything is well supported but the should/should not (missing from what I can see) needs work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent a bit of mine can you have a read please?
Thankyou both so much! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
How likely is the morals or fault essay with law to come up tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone fancy checking my fault essay?
Reply 485
What would people say is the hardest part of the unit 4 paper because I am so rushed for time and don't know what to focus on !!!
Should we make a group chat to help each other?
If so PM me your numbers and I'll create it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very likely since it never came up last yr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morals is likely but fault isn't as it came up last year
Reply 489
Without being optimistic, it looks very unlikely that fault will come up tomorrow. Chances are morality will come up (virtually certain) but it's too risky learning just that.

I'm going to learn morality in a lot of detail, creativity in a good level of detail though apply my knowledge in the exam should it come up (I am familiar with a lot of it because of unit 1) and not really look at fault. I'll have a read over my notes and the textbook so that IF it does come up and the other 2 don't (which is second to none really), then I'll actually be able to produce some sort of answer.

Obviously there is a risk in not learning a particular essay, though realistically it isn't going to come up and I'd rather invest that time into revision elsewhere.

Chances are the essays will be morality, creativity and BCI. AQA didn't surprise us with unit 3 and I don't expect them to do so with this paper. A lot of people risked it and just revised NFOs which worked, though I wouldn't risk that for this one. Learning 2 is fine IMO, but just 1 is hedging your bets too much.
Original post by .JC.
Without being optimistic, it looks very unlikely that fault will come up tomorrow. Chances are morality will come up (virtually certain) but it's too risky learning just that.

I'm going to learn morality in a lot of detail, creativity in a good level of detail though apply my knowledge in the exam should it come up (I am familiar with a lot of it because of unit 1) and not really look at fault. I'll have a read over my notes and the textbook so that IF it does come up and the other 2 don't (which is second to none really), then I'll actually be able to produce some sort of answer.

Obviously there is a risk in not learning a particular essay, though realistically it isn't going to come up and I'd rather invest that time into revision elsewhere.

Chances are the essays will be morality, creativity and BCI. AQA didn't surprise us with unit 3 and I don't expect them to do so with this paper. A lot of people risked it and just revised NFOs which worked, though I wouldn't risk that for this one. Learning 2 is fine IMO, but just 1 is hedging your bets too much.

Creativity I think is easy to grasp due to the simple structure.

PCA is precedent so refer to stare decisis (ratio + obiter), hierarchy, practise statement, Young v Bristol.

PCB is stat interpretation so run through through the 4 rules.

If you can do that, even without any arguments for/against, it's clear+clear = up to 23/30 marks. Sound requires for/against arguments.

Naturally arguments for/against will come to you when running through the PC A/B so plug them in to boost either or both to sound. Academic opinions will enhance overall quality.

Nb: Arguing only one of for or against limits you to weak sound, but 'for' arguments not required in excess.

Hope this helps crammers

Posted from TSR Mobile
A* answers:

https://goo.gl/FGDpMz

Original post by CT-3451
If I only learnt morailty, but it never came up. Yet I still wrote it as an answer, would I get any marks for it at all?

Original post by c146
takes me about 40-45 mins, with 5 mins spent on planning

Original post by OrdinaryStudent
I dont think so, I thought about doing that too :tongue: we are very desperate

Original post by Jon1234321
Out of morality, justice and fault, I think I'm only going to learn morality and fault. But people are saying justice is more likely even though it's come up in the past two exams?

Original post by NHM
My concepts essays are taking between 45-50 minutes to write + planning time (5 mins)

I get extra time though so it leaves me with 45 minutes for the other 2 questions...

Original post by Paigewhitaker98
In tort when referencing cases is it okay to shorten them for example instead of writing Mahon v Osborne to just say, in the case of Mahon? Because I have just started revising there's no way I'm remembering all of this by tomorrow!

Original post by awesomewarsome
Is the test in duress by threats Graham or Howe? I have both written

Original post by Jon1234321
Ah ok thanks

Original post by SunDun111
Would it be possible to send you a fault question and for you too mark it?

Original post by samgriff1998
Only when stating that it has to be for some economic value

Original post by bluefire66
I know fault is unlikely to come up, but is morality or balancing interests most likely?

For anyone doing the morals essay

What is the case (Brown) about sadomastic acts trying to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by katherine9609
That some people may see the act as immoral while others won't. Some people may not see it as immoral as it doesn't involve them therefore they are not bothered about it being done. For example Hart would say it's fine to do as individuals are free to do what they like in private, while Devlin would say that it was right for the law to intervene etc.

Original post by immycb
What would people say is the hardest part of the unit 4 paper because I am so rushed for time and don't know what to focus on !!!

Original post by martinnmartin
Should we make a group chat to help each other?
If so PM me your numbers and I'll create it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by thefreakoffreaks
Very likely since it never came up last yr

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone give me the structure the essay should be in for law and morals? Like that are the main headings for paragraphs if you get me?
Original post by sophiec955
Can someone give me the structure the essay should be in for law and morals? Like that are the main headings for paragraphs if you get me?

What is law defined as
What are morals
Do morals and laws overlap
The link between the two
Distinctions between the two
Theories:
-natural law
-positivists
-utilitarian
Hart & Devlin Debate:
-Devlin's PoV
-Harts pov
Theories/definitions of law/morals
Characteristics of legal/moral rules
Differences between them
Morals and legal rules influencing each other
Morals and legal rules not being connected
Hart/Devlin debate
Original post by katherine9609
What is law defined as
What are morals
Do morals and laws overlap
The link between the two
Distinctions between the two
Theories:
-natural law
-positivists
-utilitarian
Hart & Devlin Debate:
-Devlin's PoV
-Harts pov

Can I send you my essay to read over?
Original post by SunDun111
Can I send you my essay to read over?

Yeah :smile:
Does anyone have any cases for obtaining services dishonestly? My textbook has none...

edit: Or do I just use examples from fraud by false rep (e.g. Hamilton, Lambie, Barnard)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yumikerushi
Does anyone have any cases for obtaining services dishonestly? My textbook has none...

edit: Or do I just use examples from fraud by false rep (e.g. Hamilton, Lambie, Barnard)?

None needed/available. Same applies to false rep. Those cases all based on old law of fraud by deception.

Same way how you shouldn't mention Clinton, Ibrahim's, Camplin etc with LOC as those cases based on old law of provocation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pm whatsapp numbers for law04 group chat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending