The Student Room Group

Eu: In or out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Voted remain... Too many people have voted leave on the basis "the foreigners will leave"
Original post by spotify95
If Syria and Iraq join the EU... we are doomed unless we are out of the EU!

Bruh that's like Indonesia becoming the 51st state. Not happening.
Original post by NHM
Voted remain... Too many people have voted leave on the basis "the foreigners will leave"

That is not why I voted leave. That is very false.

I Voted Leave because I want UK to have it's sovereignty back. I want us to choose who our politicians are. Our politicians should be our servants who help us, not our rulers. I am also Voting Leave because I want UK to take back control of the £350 million paid to EU every week, take back control of our free trade laws, take back control of our borders and our tax funds.
Original post by Naveed-7
That is not why I voted leave. That is very false.

I Voted Leave because I want UK to have it's sovereignty back. I want us to choose who our politicians are. Our politicians should be our servants who help us, not our rulers. I am also Voting Leave because I want UK to take back control of the £350 million paid to EU every week, take back control of our free trade laws, take back control of our borders and our tax funds.

Where'd ya copy and paste this one from Nav?
Well, at least people who are in favor of brexit allow for an easy filter to find people who are either very much not well versed in economics, or politics for that matter, and/or are very, very, very optimistic when it comes to the UK's abilities (to the point of it being very, very unreasonable).
Original post by NHM

Have they? Last I checked most were more "so we have control over the foreigners we let in"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ffs ...what you guys are saying is so not true. Turkey has applied to join the EU. HOWEVER they have to meet a certain membership criteria:

-they must be democratic nations, with functioning legal systems dedicated to protecting the law and human rights of the population and minorities

- must have a functioning market economy and be able to compete with the other countries in the EU

- they have to be able to implement obligations of EU membership - adhering to political, economic, social rules etc

On top of this, all 28 member states must agree to Turkey being accepted into the union.It's been estimated that for Turkey to meet all of these requirements it would take until the year 3000.

Also, if Turkey was to join the EU, we are NOT part of the Schengen Area, we do not have free movement of people from the EU, we have strong border controls and the ability to turn anyone away who we feel is a threat to the country. In no way would we have 75 million Turkish people flooding our borders, that's absolutely ridiculous.

THE EU REF IS SUCH A MASSIVE DECISION MAKE SURE YOU FACT CHECK BEFORE BASING YOUR OPINIONS ON POSTS LIKE THESE.

If you couldn't tell yet...I voted REMAIN! If we leave - that's it; no way of being a part of EU ever again ( given that all the other countries would have to agree on this)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by patricio_miguel
Ffs ...what you guys are saying is so not true. Turkey has applied to join the EU. HOWEVER they have to meet a certain membership criteria:

-they must be democratic nations, with functioning legal systems dedicated to protecting the law and human rights of the population and minorities

- must have a functioning market economy and be able to compete with the other countries in the EU

- they have to be able to implement obligations of EU membership - adhering to political, economic, social rules etc

On top of this, all 28 member states must agree to Turkey being accepted into the union.It's been estimated that for Turkey to meet all of these requirements it would take until the year 3000.

Also, if Turkey was to join the EU, we are NOT part of the Schengen Area, we do not have free movement of people from the EU, we have strong border controls and the ability to turn anyone away who we feel is a threat to the country. In no way would we have 75 million Turkish people flooding our borders, that's absolutely ridiculous.

THE EU REF IS SUCH A MASSIVE DECISION MAKE SURE YOU FACT CHECK BEFORE BASING YOUR OPINIONS ON POSTS LIKE THESE.

If you couldn't tell yet...I voted REMAIN! If we leave - that's it; no way of being a part of EU ever again ( given that all the other countries would have to agree on this)

The ironic thing is that there is a joke in Brussels that the EU wouldn't meet the criteria to join itself

And you say we aren't in schengen and don't have free movement, except we do, having a border post does not stop the freedom of movement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Can't think of a single argument for remaining. The handling of the migrant crisis, immigration, Ukraine, ISIL security, multinational corporations, manufacturing and the euro in general should be enough to convince any sane person that we shouldn't be governed by an elite in Brussels...
the "elite in Brussels" (EU Commission) is only the executive arm of the EU. The real power to make decisions is firmly in the hands of the EU Council, which is composed by the democratically designated Governments of the EU Member States, plus the directly-elected European Parliament

The legislative power in the EU is in fact composed by two chambers (Council and European Parliament) very much like any two-chamber system in Western democracies

The EU executive (Commission) has only the power to initiate legislation, not to amend or adopt it
People are acting like all young people are voting remain and all older people are voting leave. This poll seems pretty close right now
many countries dont want us to leave who are from the eu as were the strongest in there they depend on us ... and why would britain be forced to pay brussels for leaving ??? its alll david camereons , if he wasnt pm this wouldnt happened he is just greedy of power and a biig idiot who just catred about getting in power so he promised he would start a refrendum which is tots insane first thing i want is us to stay and second get david camereon over thrown ...
i really hate politics mainly because of the politicians being greedy for power and acting insane trying to say they care about there civilians but they talk **** ... there totally insane
people were acting insane last week there two boats one with people who to remain and one who wanted to leave they were trying to drown each other this is wat it came down to this is wat david cameron caused conflict between the british
Reply 553
I voted in because Boris wants out
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eminkinza
people were acting insane last week there two boats one with people who to remain and one who wanted to leave they were trying to drown each other this is wat it came down to this is wat david cameron caused conflict between the british

And one of the people on Geldof's remain boat openly said today they voted leave, although it's worth noting that there were no attempts to drown people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
And one of the people on Geldof's remain boat openly said today they voted leave, although it's worth noting that there were no attempts to drown people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok but thats wat it said on one of the news i read but i dunno then
its so unfair the younger ones cant vote today its gonna be affecting there life aswell if i could vote i would have voted remain got to more years left to vote
Whether you have voted to remain or leave I'm sure that we can all agree that both sides of the debate have proven that very rarely what you hear has been true. Both leave and remain have manipulated data and stats to try and get their point across. I've found it incredibly difficult to find actual facts and figures that have proven to be legitimate.
Well, just do your own independent research then. Such as the fact that the eu is already signing free trade agreements with various nations, including senegal in africa and vietnam in asia.

Or know basic economics and see that out is a very bad idea.

Or know that businesses that are top employers in the uk have warned they might move out of the uk if they were to leave because they located in the uk to have access to the eu market.

Or know of the voting fraud that took place in the scottish ref.
Original post by Caius Filimon
Well, just do your own independent research then. Such as the fact that the eu is already signing free trade agreements with various nations, including senegal in africa and vietnam in asia.

Or know basic economics and see that out is a very bad idea.

Or know that businesses that are top employers in the uk have warned they might move out of the uk if they were to leave because they located in the uk to have access to the eu market.

Or know of the voting fraud that took place in the scottish ref.

So which businesses said they WILL leave? How about praising their imminent trade deal with the Klingons?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending