The Student Room Group

Can't understand this guy

Both 24, known him for 6 months now, he says he was interested in me, and wanted to date, but then saw I was more into him than he was into me and he 'freaked out' because he wasn't ready, then said after he wasn't sure and felt like he was into me again, and now he's told me he didn't 'have a connection' with me, and has admitted he's still a bit in love with his ex (that he broke up with 2 years ago).. but then says he 'likes me all the same'.

How he can say he 'likes' me, but doesn't have a connection with me is odd..
this has been over a period of 6 months. He said I've got everything to please, and that he was attracted but nothing more.. but that 6 months ago he was interested.

I just can't understand this behaviour, can anybody else make sense of it?
Original post by Anonymous
Both 24, known him for 6 months now, he says he was interested in me, and wanted to date, but then saw I was more into him than he was into me and he 'freaked out' because he wasn't ready, then said after he wasn't sure and felt like he was into me again, and now he's told me he didn't 'have a connection' with me, and has admitted he's still a bit in love with his ex (that he broke up with 2 years ago).. but then says he 'likes me all the same'.

How he can say he 'likes' me, but doesn't have a connection with me is odd..
this has been over a period of 6 months. He said I've got everything to please, and that he was attracted but nothing more.. but that 6 months ago he was interested.

I just can't understand this behaviour, can anybody else make sense of it?

I've seen guys like this, don't waste your time around them or you'll just end up hurt.
All I can understand is that he can't make up his mind and needs help ASAP.
And that he's a serious waste of time
Reply 3
he even admitted himself he's an indecisive guy.. and I said 'yeah, you don't say'. And then before he told me 'I'd have loved to go out with you at another moment in time, sure'......
Reply 4
Original post by CorpusLuteum
I've seen guys like this, don't waste your time around them or you'll just end up hurt.

yeah you're right, I need to distance myself from him!! Why is he like that? Is he actually into me at all or what?
Reply 5
he flirts with me as well sometmes, I pulled him up on that and he said it's 'just his personality'
yeah you're right, I need to distance myself from him!! Why is he like that? Is he actually into me at all or what?

Idk, some guys are really just indecisive. Just make a choice, if it's to stay away from him then don't let him try to lure you back in because if he's indecisive then it's certain he'll be the on and off kind and wouldn't mind (if you ever had a relationship) breaking up with you and saying it wasn't a real connection.
Reply 7
Idk, some guys are really just indecisive. Just make a choice, if it's to stay away from him then don't let him try to lure you back in because if he's indecisive then it's certain he'll be the on and off kind and wouldn't mind (if you ever had a relationship) breaking up with you and saying it wasn't a real connection.

Yeah, he even told me he is...
I'm gonna stay away from him from now on. But when he sees i'm not as interested, he starts talking to me more and stuff. He admitted he doesn't like girls who are too keen, and likes those who play it cool.

He went out with a girl for 1 year 3 years ago, and he's just told me today he's still in love, and since her he has 'had trouble getting emotionally invested in anyone else'.
Yeah, he even told me he is...
I'm gonna stay away from him from now on. But when he sees i'm not as interested, he starts talking to me more and stuff. He admitted he doesn't like girls who are too keen, and likes those who play it cool.

He went out with a girl for 1 year 3 years ago, and he's just told me today he's still in love, and since her he has 'had trouble getting emotionally invested in anyone else'.

Lol, that 'emotional investment/attachment' ********. Don't fall for it, it's absolute crap.
Don't show any interest in him, I'm certain you'll find another ripe pick in the right time.
Reply 9
Lol, that 'emotional investment/attachment' ********. Don't fall for it, it's absolute crap.
Don't show any interest in him, I'm certain you'll find another ripe pick in the right time.

Is it just a way of saying 'I'm not that interested?'

yeah, I tried to be friends somehow thinking that would work, but it just can't...

I'm literally just gonna blank him!
Is it just a way of saying 'I'm not that interested?'

yeah, I tried to be friends somehow thinking that would work, but it just can't...

I'm literally just gonna blank him!

No, emotional attachment crap is the idea that - oh currently I am very interested in the person I broke up with but I want to wait until I'm certain she'll never want to get back with me (which is never for hopeful guys) then I'll invest my time in you. When you start to show a lack of interest I'll try to keep you on the line because you're my plan B.
No, emotional attachment crap is the idea that - oh currently I am very interested in the person I broke up with but I want to wait until I'm certain she'll never want to get back with me (which is never for hopeful guys) then I'll invest my time in you. When you start to show a lack of interest I'll try to keep you on the line because you're my plan B.

yeah.. i'm maybe a plan b then...

he claimed before he 'has no intention of ever going out with her again'.. but yeah..

how he can tell me now that he still 'likes' me, but sees me as a friend in the same breath is just ridiculous...
anyway, i'm gonna avoid him, let's see if he comes running back !
yeah.. i'm maybe a plan b then...

he claimed before he 'has no intention of ever going out with her again'.. but yeah..

how he can tell me now that he still 'likes' me, but sees me as a friend in the same breath is just ridiculous...
anyway, i'm gonna avoid him, let's see if he comes running back !

Just leave him with no intention of going back.
Trust me, I've seen this with my own eyes.
yeah... I need to stop wasting time!! thanks :smile:
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending