The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Quick question about law and justice?

On examiners reports it says speciffically to link in the different types of justice to different cases, but how do i do that when I have chosen to write about positivism, natural law theory and ultilitaraisnism? any ideas
Reply 501
Any judicial creativity essays (Precedent)
Reply 502
Original post by Rust Cohle
None needed/available. Same applies to false rep. Those cases all based on old law of fraud by deception.

Same way how you shouldn't mention Clinton, Ibrahim's, Camplin etc with LOC as those cases based on old law of provocation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought Clinton was one of the cases relating to the new Coroners & Justice Act? It stated how sexual infidelity can be relevant if it forms part of the circumstances.
Original post by Harriet1998
For anyone doing the morals essay

What is the case (Brown) about sadomastic acts trying to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think its about the conflict between paternalism and liberalism, and illustrates how the law created from morality can be influenced by prejudice as the case of Wilson shows that the kind of behaviour in Brown is accepted when it takes place in a straight marriage as its then 'Not in the public interest'
Original post by jmh70
I thought Clinton was one of the cases relating to the new Coroners & Justice Act? It stated how sexual infidelity can be relevant if it forms part of the circumstances.

Oopsie
Reply 505
Does anyone have any predictions for the tort scenario??
Original post by SunDun111
Quick question about law and justice?

On examiners reports it says speciffically to link in the different types of justice to different cases, but how do i do that when I have chosen to write about positivism, natural law theory and ultilitaraisnism? any ideas

You only briefly have to talk about the 3 theories, and by briefly I mean a maximum of 2 sentences at the beginning of the essay. Then you have to write about the 3 different types of justice which you'd have to expand on quite a bit as they are the main part of the essay. The only time you'd mention the theories would be when evaluating for example a case or a law but you'd do that along with a certain type of justice as well
Reply 507
% chance of morality coming up please anyone?
Reply 508
Original post by OSFC98
% chance of morality coming up please anyone?

99%
Reply 509
Original post by jmh70
99%

I hope you're right because that's the only one I've learnt
does anyone have any solid predictions for the criminal law potential content
Original post by OSFC98
I hope you're right because that's the only one I've learnt

Ive done the same, however Im going to make a note of the Creativity headings just in case, as knowledge from unit 1 should help you write a semi decent answer to it, if worst came to worst..
Original post by Joesando
does anyone have any solid predictions for the criminal law potential content

Once scenario will have Intoxication and one will have duress, other than that It could be anything really.

My teacher said blackmail may come up as it hasnt for a while.
How long should be spent on each question?
Original post by CT-3451
Once scenario will have Intoxication and one will have duress, other than that It could be anything really.

okay thankyou i was looking at the mark scheme and blackmail came up last year but could come up twice
Original post by Angela2016
How long should be spent on each question?

30 min each for the first two questions + 50 min on the essay. Since it's a 2 hour exam you should be aiming to give your self around 5 min for planning of the essay and 5 min on annotating the scenario
Pretty crazy how AQA says on the paper that 15 minutes should be spent planning. Anyone who does that is signing their own death warrant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CT-3451

For intoxication what cases can you use? Can you use the ones for criminal law e.g. Majewski?
Anyone planning on pulling an All nighter, Last year I did that for Unit 2 and somehow got a C
Do we have to learn duress by circumstances?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending