The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions for tort?
Reply 521
what are the areas most likely to come up in scenario questions? Like what do we have to know completely through and through (obviously everything but like particular topics?)
Reply 522
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone planning on pulling an All nighter, Last year I did that for Unit 2 and somehow got a C

Not surprised.

Do we have to learn duress by circumstances?

Yes, though it is unlikely it will apply to the scenario. If it does remember the Graham 2 part test and apply the cases of Willer and Pommell.
Reply 523
I've just written up notes for the whole of unit 4 which cover key aspects of each offence and their respective cases. You don't really need to use any more detail than I've included in the notes for the law on each offence, just state what it is, apply it, and use cases to back it up.

I like to have things like this handy to revise from at the last minute without using the bulk of the text book, or whilst you're outside the exam waiting to go in.
Original post by .JC.
I've just written up notes for the whole of unit 4 which cover key aspects of each offence and their respective cases. You don't really need to use any more detail than I've included in the notes for the law on each offence, just state what it is, apply it, and use cases to back it up.

I like to have things like this handy to revise from at the last minute without using the bulk of the text book, or whilst you're outside the exam waiting to go in.

V cool pal, you seem like you are good at marking? Can you check my fault essay?
Reply 525
V cool pal, you seem like you are good at marking? Can you check my fault essay?

Haha not really I just like to learn what the bare minimum is and do that.

Speaking of which, I've not looked over fault so I'm probably not the best person to ask. I am not expecting it to come up so I'm not going to learn an essay for it, just refresh my knowledge tomorrow morning.
Original post by .JC.
Haha not really I just like to learn what the bare minimum is and do that.

Speaking of which, I've not looked over fault so I'm probably not the best person to ask. I am not expecting it to come up so I'm not going to learn an essay for it, just refresh my knowledge tomorrow morning.

Fairs just reading through your notes, and it says a person can be dishonest even if they had the intention of paying? Can you expand on this I haven't seen this in the book?
Reply 527
Fairs just reading through your notes, and it says a person can be dishonest even if they had the intention of paying? Can you expand on this I haven't seen this in the book?

Page 231 of the textbook, 11.4.2 Willing to pay:

'In some situations the defendant may say that he is willing to pay for the property or may, on taking property, leave money to pay for it. This does not prevent his conduct from being dishonest as S2(2) states that 'a person's appropriation of property belonging to another may be dishonest notwithstanding that he is willing to pay for the property.'
Original post by .JC.
Page 231 of the textbook, 11.4.2 Willing to pay:

'In some situations the defendant may say that he is willing to pay for the property or may, on taking property, leave money to pay for it. This does not prevent his conduct from being dishonest as S2(2) states that 'a person's appropriation of property belonging to another may be dishonest notwithstanding that he is willing to pay for the property.'

as stupid as this souns its advised not to use the textbook as it goes into too much unnecessary detail
Reply 529
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
as stupid as this souns its advised not to use the textbook as it goes into too much unnecessary detail

I know, hence I have made condensed notes which only refer to S2(2) by stating 'can be dishonest even if intends paying for property'.
Hi can someone help me with a plan on how to structure a negligence question please?? struggling here :frown:
I'm so happy you posted them notes JC, they are almost the exact same as mine, if not better. I'll definitely be reading them in the morning, cheers!
Can someone post their law and morals essay? Mine is 2 sides guessing not enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
So let me get this right

Fraud By false representation, Is when someone makes a representation that is untrue/misleading, can be of a fact, to do with law, even to do with state of mind,

Actus Reus
-False representation (expressed/implied)

Mens rea
- Dishonesty
-Knows Representation is misleading/untrue
-Intent to make a Gain or cause a Loss (has to be property?)
is this right from memoery? Obvs cases as well but I cba putting them in?
Scroll up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by martinnmartin
Can someone post their law and morals essay? Mine is 2 sides guessing not enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .JC.

Same thing I did but written form during Easter break. Condensed unit 3+4 into 12 pages. It only took me a day to relearn unit 4 section A as a result

Edit: just looked over it. All good except you're missing Vinall for robbery MR - use of force cannot be an afterthought. Other than that looks great

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 536
Can someone help me linking back to the question for the concepts section?? Please Thankyou
Reply 537
Original post by Rust Cohle
Same thing I did but written form during Easter break. Condensed unit 3+4 into 12 pages. It only took me a day to relearn unit 4 section A as a result

Edit: just looked over it. All good except you're missing Vinall for robbery MR - use of force cannot be an afterthought. Other than that looks great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I'm familiar with the law but didn't know there was a case/that was the case corresponding to it. Cheers!
Reply 538
Is it risky to just revise morality?
Original post by Shsjsk
Is it risky to just revise morality?

Guess how many times this question's been asked.
Of course it's risky. Statically there is a 3 in 5 chance of it coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest