The Student Room Group

Christian ice cream man battered by Muslims who claimed lollies possessed evil spirit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunethra
When ever I read the news I come across "disgusting" stories like this one. What troubles my heart is that these vulnerable Christian people are beaten up by Muslims. It's a disgrace. I know Jesus is watching over us and I hope he gives some sense to pathetic people like this Muslim who beat up this Christian.
My heart is out to those Christians who are being bullied for having faith! I hope God hears my prayers and shower peace to this world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your god has had 2000 years to shower peace to this world, he is either not listening or not capable, more likely though is he does not exist and your prayers are wasted thoughts.
Original post by dozyrosie
Your god

could have the wrong one tbf.

Bet this guy was selling splits, ice cream covered in ice lolly? ****ing vile, probably is possessed tbh.

Anyhow everyone break their fast and start eating/drinking, I have a killer headache didn't load on enough fluid at 2am I think...
Reply 22
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Which is exactly why India is home to the Golden temple and has more gurdwaras and churches than Pakistan.

you clearly don't know what you are talking about

lol
Idk what to say......
Your god has had 2000 years to shower peace to this world, he is either not listening or not capable, more likely though is he does not exist and your prayers are wasted thoughts.

Right so God has the ability to create the world out of nothing, but can't bring peace to the world he created?

I would use the argument of free-will but you'll probably not have the capacity to understand it
very sad story. it breaks my heart to hear of poor people being treated badly.
Original post by Fantastic Fan
Right so God has the ability to create the world out of nothing, but can't bring peace to the world he created?

I would use the argument of free-will but you'll probably not have the capacity to understand it

What makes you think the world was made by a god, it wasn't, even if he/she/it made the initial conditions. The Earth was not created from nothing.
What makes you think the world was made by a god, it wasn't, even if he/she/it made the initial conditions. The Earth was not created from nothing.

So the matter in the Earth came from where exactly?
Reply 28
Seconded.

But history tells us that's impossible

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the matter in the Earth came from where exactly?

It did not come from nothing, anyone who believes that is crazy. To be perfectly honest, no one knows, obviously the most promising idea is the energy of the initial big bang. My personal idea is that nothing does not exist, it would need a space to exist (or not exist) like a vacuum also needs a space, if something has a space then it contains fields, if it contains fields it can generate matter or energy. You can fill this in with a magic man all you like, but at the end of the day you have to get round how he/she/it can just be with all the power to do absolutely anything, not a very satisfying theory considering there is a dearth of evidence for any kind of magic.
Original post by the bear
very sad story. it breaks my heart to hear of poor people being treated badly.

Why doesn't it bother you that religion is the biggest bringer of bad treatment?
It did not come from nothing, anyone who believes that is crazy. To be perfectly honest, no one knows, obviously the most promising idea is the energy of the initial big bang. My personal idea is that nothing does not exist, it would need a space to exist (or not exist) like a vacuum also needs a space, if something has a space then it contains fields, if it contains fields it can generate matter or energy. You can fill this in with a magic man all you like, but at the end of the day you have to get round how he/she/it can just be with all the power to do absolutely anything, not a very satisfying theory considering there is a dearth of evidence for any kind of magic.

Sounds like you have a limited knowledge and grasp of science.

Time space and matter are a continuum, all 3 have to exist at the same time and not separately. So you saying that the energy existed first(even though you have no idea where that came from) then the space, then the blah blah is not only scientifically flawed because it's never been observed recorded or documented, but completely false.

6,000 years into human existence, or for your own sake I'll say 100,000 years and we still haven't observed abiogenesis, matter existing from nothing and all the other garbage theories that apparently happened Billions of years ago.
Sounds like you have a limited knowledge and grasp of science.

Time space and matter are a continuum, all 3 have to exist at the same time and not separately. So you saying that the energy existed first(even though you have no idea where that came from) then the space, then the blah blah is not only scientifically flawed because it's never been observed recorded or documented, but completely false.

6,000 years into human existence, or for your own sake I'll say 100,000 years and we still haven't observed abiogenesis, matter existing from nothing and all the other garbage theories that apparently happened Billions of years ago.

Why are you laying your schoolboy physics on me, what you wrote here is so typical of a poor understanding of physics, so I will do you a favour, here is a video of Faye Dowker giving a lecture, which is a sort of history of modern physics, it contains my favourite idea of today's hypotheses, the Granular nature of space-time, I suggest you watch it and stop using such language as 'Blah Blah Blah', you may find that you actually find physics and science interesting.

https://youtu.be/XtptrdsToXU
Why are you laying your schoolboy physics on me, what you wrote here is so typical of a poor understanding of physics, so I will do you a favour, here is a video of Faye Dowker giving a lecture, which is a sort of history of modern physics, it contains my favourite idea of today's hypotheses, the Granular nature of space-time, I suggest you watch it and stop using such language as 'Blah Blah Blah', you may find that you actually find physics and science interesting.

https://youtu.be/XtptrdsToXU

Oh so I have limited knowledge of physics despite reading theoretical physicists and getting an A in it at A-levels, yet you're linking me to a video because you couldn't refute my argument because you have no deep knowledge of the subject you're talking about and are relying your answers on youtube videos?

LOL, I don't know why i wasted my time on you, I could always link you to scientists who support my argument so the video is irrelevant.
Oh so I have limited knowledge of physics despite reading theoretical physicists and getting an A in it at A-levels, yet you're linking me to a video because you couldn't refute my argument because you have no deep knowledge of the subject you're talking about and are relying your answers on youtube videos?

LOL, I don't know why i wasted my time on you, I could always link you to scientists who support my argument so the video is irrelevant.

Why don't you link me to these scientists who support your creationist argument (I say this with your mention of 6000 years of human history).
I could easily answer your post and explain why you are wrong, you had however already 'Blah Blah Blahed me, as well as told me I had no understanding of science, so I referred you to one of the world's respected authorities.

Now you have an A in (THEORETICAL PHYSICISTS) at A-Level, do you think you will go on to university and do a BS in THEORETICAL Theocrazy, you could become the new Kent Hovind.
Why don't you link me to these scientists who support your creationist argument (I say this with your mention of 6000 years of human history).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLTcv-RPdM

I urge you to research, Ken Ham, CS Lewis, John Lennox and many others.

I could easily answer your post and explain why you are wrong, you had however already 'Blah Blah Blahed me, as well as told me I had no understanding of science, so I referred you to one of the world's respected authorities.

The blah blah was a reference to the nonsense that elements of a continuim existed individually and not all at the same time which it's meant to, you obviously didn't actually read what I wrote and just skimmed through it looking for little points to use against me.

Now you have an A in (THEORETICAL PHYSICISTS) at A-Level, do you think you will go on to university and do a BS in THEORETICAL Theocrazy, you could become the new Kent Hovind.

Again your poor reading and comprehension comes to place, I said I have an A in Physics and have been studying the works of theoretical Physicists. I urge you to actually read what I write before you embarrass yourself in your replies.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Which is exactly why India is home to the Golden temple and has more gurdwaras and churches than Pakistan.

Women's rights in India isn't as bad but it ain't brilliant either.

It's called having patience and still having faith. I am sorry that you have neither. All I can do for you is pray for you!
Original post by champ_mc99
Women's rights in India isn't as bad but it ain't brilliant either.

We're not talking about women here babe we're talking about religion.
This is what happens when you don't allow people to defend themselves.

Quick Reply