The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethan100
Vote remain !

lel if only it werent too late
Original post by Josb
Sunderland was expected to vote Leave. Wait till London votes.

What do you mean? :K:
Reply 362
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Ugh Sunderland :colonhash:

It's a nice city.
GBPUSD -2.26% looooooool

EDIT still sinking: -2.50%
Original post by Rakas21
Sunderland was expected to be 53/47 yesterday, Newcastle was supposed to be 44/56.

Leave are doing ~6% better than they should.

Sounding like that's the pattern in the urban Midlands as well.

I think, very sadly, that Leave have done it.
Reply 365
My fellow remainers are being utter drama queens as expected.
Reply 366
Original post by tootles44
What do you mean? :K

London will vote Remain.
Original post by Josb
Sunderland was expected to vote Leave. Wait till London votes.

It was expected to vote Leave but it did so at a much higher rate than expected. Equally Newcastle was expected to be a strong Remain victory and they just barely managed it

Things are looking good for leave
Original post by sun_bear
gbpusd -2.26% looooooool

edit still sinking: -2.50%

gbpjpy = -5.5%
Original post by Josb
London will vote Remain.

boo :frown: not surprised with the age and ethnic demographic

Which way are you voting?
Original post by Josb
London will vote Remain.

That's expected though....
Original post by Aj12
Christ, using a referendum as a protest vote, maybe we need to limit the franchise....

Why not? The thought of loads of politicians losing their lovely jobs and expenses sounds wonderful to me. I hope they all have to enter the real world and then maybe they'll have to suffer through the ills of every other employee or SME owner just trying to get by. Leaving the EU would be one layer removed and finally Cameron and co. would not have any excuses to cover themselves and would be held to account on everything. That will be great because we can then get rid of the Conservatives and put in a government that serves the electorate, as intended.

As someone with Old Labour values I will rejoice and see it as a win for the people if leave wins. Like I said previously, I do not give a damn if the pound becomes weaker. I want to live in a UK again whereby I feel safe leaving my door open and society is far more equal, one that has Old Labour values and one that is led by politicians of the same mould as Tony Benn. This is only the first step and nobody said it would be easy but if leave wins tonight, the people will have spoken.
Lewisham thought to be 83% Remain.

Ah, can always count on Londoners :biggrin:
Original post by SoggyCabbages
Angela Eagle is the biggest bae ever. I love her.

This is random but for some strange reason, I read that as " Aldgate East is the biggest bae ever, I love her. " I was like, damn daniel- her name is Aldgate East. Splendid. :tongue:
London independence Referendum, coming next.
Original post by Thutmose-III
It was expected to vote Leave but it did so at a much higher rate than expected. Equally Newcastle was expected to be a strong Remain victory and they just barely managed it

Things are looking good for leave

Just now reported on the BBC that other Leave areas are looking stronger than expected (as much as 70-80%)
Original post by welshiee
I don't care if the pound becomes weaker. People should realise that GDP alone is no true indicator of Quality of Life, and there are several countries that frequently rank higher than us in indexes yet have lower GDP.

The bigger picture is that if the pound continues to fall, the market won't catch up soon enough. I'll give you two examples. One example is the real estate market. If the pound falls, my parents and my friends won't have to step foot into UK to purchase homes there. We can do some in the comfort of our own countries in posh hotel rooms where UK realtors are eager to sell us UK properties.

And because our purchasing power is so high, the UK properties will be bought at exorbitant prices which in effect drives property prices in UK so high then you and hopeful home buyers like yourself will never be able to afford a hefty bank loan.

The second example is the UK uni tuition fees for international students. Because the pound is already so low, it is actually cheaper to pay for a degree in the UK. This is why there are thousands of student recruitment agencies all over the world especially in Asia, actively recruiting students to fill up hundreds of thousands of vacant places in unis up and down UK.

Foyle in Northern Ireland voted Remain with 78.26% of the vote.
Reply 377
Original post by tootles44
boo :frown: not surprised with the age and ethnic demographic

Which way are you voting?

I'm not British.
SKY NEWS: Remain camp now extremely worried "Wales may have bitten the hand that feeds them" AHAHAHA
Phew Foyle bring us up to lead by 19.952

It'll be up n down like a whores knickers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending