The Student Room Group

Congrats on a remain win.

Now that it looks like Remain is set to win, here's the future of the EU as I see it. An endless stream of migrants from outside Europe will be allowed under the guise of humanitarianism. This will be done against the will and protestations of the native populations. The aim of this is not only to reduce wages to bare subsistence for businesses but also to destroy nationalism that is the biggest threat to the existence of the EU as demonstrated with this referendum. Once there are enough non-natives 'integrated' and made into loyal voters at the expense of the native taxpayers the Euro elite will have you by the balls and you won't be able to speak up aginst the relentless drive towards a European superstate for fear of being labelled a racist, a xenophobe, a nazi, an extremist. In fact you'll probably be thrown in jail under a raft of new hate laws that will be cooked up to silence you. Enjoy your future for better or worse.

Scroll to see replies

I wanted to see some change.. Eh.
Reply 2
Umm, how are/were you so sure Remain are going to win? The early results in the north east suggest it's not going to be an easy win for Remain at all and Leave certainly have a chance of winning I think at this point.
Original post by Olie
Umm, how are/were you so sure Remain are going to win? The early results in the north east suggest it's not going to be an easy win for Remain at all and Leave certainly have a chance of winning I think at this point.

"No more than a possibility" I've heard, but the Remain camp are most definitely rattled.

The pound has gone down like a pile of bricks in the last half an hour.

Newcastle was supposed to be a strong win for Remain, but they only won by 1.4% or something.
Reply 4
The remain have won I hear everywhere

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
There's a few places in England that are 70/30 leave. This is genuinely scary. I think a lot of people just want to get one over on the current government.
Original post by M14B
The remain have won I here everywhere

Spoiler

The first results were from four places that were expected to vote for remaining. The Sunderland result is good news for leavers, as is the narrowness of the result in Newcastle.
Original post by cbreef
There's a few places in England that are 70/30 leave. This is genuinely scary. I think a lot of people just want to get one over on the current government.

Don't forget the postal votes :smile: They're predicted to be overwhelmingly Leave.
i dont even know why i need to go on BBC when i can be updated on TSR :lol: just found out now :tongue:
EU referendum results live: Early votes give huge boost to Brexit chances

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/eu-referendum-will-it-be-brexit-exit-poll-and-results-live/
The hate speech laws that are being pushed in the EU are actually one factor that has made me consider whether maybe we should leave. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Tories pushed similar laws regardless; and at least in the EU, there are countries that will oppose the laws.

Spoiler

Fail. we are leaving.
Half a million ahead for the leave campaign. Game over for the baseless remain arguments and deplorable scaremongering.

Time for this wonderful, great nation to look after herself.
Looks like it'll be a leave results, looks like I wont be staying in the uk to do a phd
All I'm going to say is this is very close.
leave currently ahead by 609,000

where are you now OP :lol:

edit: now 632,000 :rofl:
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
Half a million ahead for the leave campaign. Game over for the baseless remain arguments and deplorable scaremongering.

Time for this wonderful, great nation to look after herself.

You are deluded I am afraid.
Original post by TheWaffle
You are deluded I am afraid.

Looks like the majority of the electorate is, too.
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
Looks like the majority of the electorate is, too.

Yes. Looks like they are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending