The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

SHETLAND has voted to REMAIN
Turnout: 70%
Remain: 6,907
Leave: 5,315
London votes are down though. We could almost be de-cucked.
Lindsay Lohan >>>
Original post by TimmonaPortella
It may very well cause uproar, but uproar doesn't determine the legal position. You can't shout your way into international recognition as a sovereign state. Not as quickly and smoothly as you seem to imagine, anyway.

I think less than 10 years is a fair assessment
South Tyneside 62% Leave
WEST DUNBARTONSHIRE has voted to REMAIN
Turnover: 64%
Remain: 26,794
Leave: 16,426
Reply 526
Original post by welshiee
Can you explain Germany's economy after the adoption of a weaker Euro? It allowed them to boost exports massively and that in turn rejuvenated their economy.

They exported far more than they imported in 1998. So I don't see how it is relevant. You cannot simply compare the UK today to Germany in 1999
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TelAviv
Hehe we are making so much cash tonight

Are you referring to the money earned by the forum owners for tonight? Are you a shareholder?

Original post by Ethan100
Scottish Independence was a joke.

Scotland cannot be asking for independence and then not only request for money from Westminster to be thrown over Hadrian's wall but be able to vote on English laws that affect English citizens. You cannot have your cake and eat it.

Original post by Midlander
Diane James wants Cameron to form a team to lead the exit negotiations, and another for the civil services. Who will handle the crashing of the economy?
Posted from TSR Mobile

The British economy crashed a long time ago. The reason why UK is still surviving is because of its higher taxation system. So you should be thanking the ultra rich people in UK. At least many are willing to pay their taxes up promptly which sustains the free medical, free education right up to sixth form and the availability of an array of generous monetary benefits.

In other first world countries, there's no such thing as welfare benefits. In other first world countries, if you have no money, you will have to go out and seek work. If you have no house, the government will rent it to you at a subsidized rate and once you have been on a job for a year or so, the home is returned to the government and you will be asked to purchase a home with your new salary.

So in essense what I'm telling you is you should be fortunate to be British. The welfare system doesn't exist anywhere else in the first world countries.

Original post by tootles44
Can I just say:I LOVE DAVID DIMBLEBY!!!!So entertained by how he is making everyone squirm :biggrin:
You must be new to the BBC. David received several complaints about his hosting performance in the last General Elections. His style of questioning right now seems to suggest he did indeed receive the memo from the BBC higher-ups.
They don't care. As long as they build their fence at Dover and shout Boo at the continent they don't care if they **** the economy.

Ridiculously overdramatic. The UK will end up with an EFTA sort of deal in the event of leave as countries like Germany will push for it to ensure that the shock is minimised before it impacts the entire zone.
Let's design our ideal post-Brexit governments.

I'll have:

PM: Boris
Chancellor: Gove
Home: Andrea Leadsom
Foreign: Hammond can stay, he's okay
Justice/LC: Jacob Rees-Mogg
Commons Leader: Hannan
Defence: Lord Guthrie

Shoot me now.

(You are missing Grayling. The ****. (my local mp) )
The psephologist at ITN HAS CALLED IT FOR LEAVE!!!!

He says his calculations and algorithms say a Leave win by 2 points

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/live-eu-referendum-results-night/
Original post by tootles44
I know quite a few foreigners (South Asian mainly) voting out which is interesting

The irony....
Original post by welshiee
Can you explain Germany's economy after the adoption of a weaker Euro? It allowed them to boost exports massively and that in turn rejuvenated their economy.

What are we going to export? We produce the square root of jack **** today.
Reply 533
Why do the results from the remotest places come first?
Original post by physicsphysics91
London votes are down though. We could almost be de-cucked.

Don't assume anything just yet though
Original post by jneill
Shoot me now.

(You are missing Grayling. The ****. (my local mp) )

Beat you to it :tongue:
Im from Birmingham. The results for Birmingham will be at 3:04 I think.
Come on Vote Leave, lets Take Back Control of our country.
Original post by Thutmose-III
The psephologist at ITN HAS CALLED IT FOR LEAVE!!!!

He says his calculations and algorithms say a Leave win by 2 points

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/live-eu-referendum-results-night/

Dont cocktease me
9 out of 10 academics want to stay and we get a lot of research funding from the EU. Stand by for a brain drain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this is something that the Remain campaign didn't draw upon enough. Many young people want to remain, and we feel strongly enough about it to consider leaving to an EU country to maintain our way of life. I was already contemplating it when I finish my current course but if things carry on as they are going tonight then I'll have to give it yet more consideration. If the UK leave the EU then, as a scientist, there isn't much here for me. Ireland seems like a good option. As does Germany and France, especially for what I do.
Let's design our ideal post-Brexit governments.

I'll have:

PM: Boris
Chancellor: Gove
Home: Andrea Leadsom
Foreign: Hammond can stay, he's okay
Justice/LC: Jacob Rees-Mogg
Commons Leader: Hannan
Defence: Lord Guthrie

Having a bunch of clowns at the helm, great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending