The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

I voted remain but feel remain will win. Why? Because people have voiced their anger at government issues by voting leave even though many of said issues have nothing to do with the EU. 55% leave, 45 remain is my punt
Original post by jneill
Exactly. Leavers should be careful what they wish for...

Many of us didn't wish for this at all. I'd rather successive governments hadn't transferred British powers to the EU without giving us a vote in the first place. We may have been able to forge some sort of market-based deal along the lines we actually wanted in that case.
Good news is we need 16.4 million votes to win, either side has nearly half a million so we still have a chance remainers. Albeit a small one.
Scotland is voting remain, guaranteed
Original post by tootles44
Like what?

idk all those other campaigns the leave voters believe better economy blah blah blah(but not really)
EILEAN SIAR has voted to REMAIN

NORTH ANTRIM has voted to LEAVE

WESTERN TYRONE has voted to REMAIN

COMHAIRLE NAN EILEAN SIAR has voted to REMAIN

EAST AYRSHIRE has voted to REMAIN

Steady stream declaring their results now. I am going to sleep, can't be bothered to stay up until 6am anyway
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
When did I do that? lol I was actually assuming you were Scottish

It is hard to keep up and the results are pissing me off. In my view Scottish nationalists voting to stay in the EU are hypocrites because of the arguments they use to support membership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
north antrim leave
Original post by Proximo
Are any other remainers feeling physically sick...

As a pessimist, I find it very unusual that I still have very high hopes for remain! We still have many hours to go and leave is only 1.4% ahead. Have hope!

Make that 0.4% ahead
(edited 7 years ago)
Eilean Siar result:
Remain: 55.2% (8,232)
Leave: 44.8% (6,671)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
It is hard to keep up and the results are pissing me off. In my view Scottish nationalists voting to stay in the EU are hypocrites because of the arguments they use to support membership.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Why's that?
The No camp used the "no guarantee of EU membership" argument themselves!!!
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
or maybe they have another reason other than eu immigrants you know

Lol I think a fair few have this notion that leaving the EU will make the immigration system friendlier to non-EU (or in this case Asian) countries.... :biggrin: lmao. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef
Scotland is voting remain, guaranteed

Not as much as expected though which is worrying for me as a Remainer.
There is something so beautiful about the metropolitan elites in labour who took advantage of working class people in the north of the country for years realising the game is up.
Original post by Midlander
It isn't nonsense there is research that is funded specifically by EU grants, a lot of research. Not in the EU, you don't get it.

Money saved from having to contribute to the EU pot can be invested in the education sector whilst also covering some small holes in the NHS budget.

Finally, a weaker currency can help an economy by potentially boosting exports, jobs and inflation, as well as increasing corporate earnings.
I still think Remain will take this, sorry fellow Leave voters
West Tyrone (apparently it's a real place) result:
Remain: 66.8% (26,765)
Leave: 33.2% (13,274)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still confident we will stay, although I will admit it is closer than I initially thought it would be. Northern Ireland, Scotland and London all are expected to heavily back remain.
3 pro-Remains just in: Dundee, West Tyrone, Eilean Siar (whoever she is)
Original post by Josb
The Government can increase Research Councils funding.

Current evidence shows that the government is poor on science.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending