The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Roast
I can understand you being defensive and bitter.

It won't be a recession on the scale of 2008, it'll be a shallow recession which comes with change.

You know how we could have had no recession at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsphysics91
The currency will bounce back, its only shifted because of shock.

Id agree with this, although I know very little about current.

I'v always likened the Leave campaign as being a person getting out of an abusive relationship. Sure in the short term the impact will seem huge, one will feel lonely and emotional and helpless, but slowly but surely they will retain normality and flourish, indeed better than they ever would have had they remained with their abusive suppose :lol:

Original post by Naveed-7
x
(edited 7 years ago)
I can understand you being defensive and bitter.

It won't be a recession on the scale of 2008, it'll be a shallow recession which comes with change.

I am extremely unhappy and bitter. Didn't realise the country was this retarded.
Original post by physicsphysics91
The currency will bounce back, its only shifted because of shock.

Keep telling yourself that.

When Brexit literally crashes the economy and sends us into a recession I'll know who to blame.

Well I guess at least Boris will apologise on tv... So that's something, right?
Original post by Midlander
My other half is in NE Scotland where the EU is resented for its impact on fishing. It isn't a surprise that one or two are voting out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I can understand Aberdeen actually. But everywhere else.....
Reply 845
Original post by tootles44
Just curious, what do you think of foreigners who vote Leave? Is it unusual? Are they voting against their interests, especially socially?

Foreigners, by definition, cannot vote.
Original post by Naveed-7
The pound drop does not worry me at all. We will be fine. Dont be fooled by project fear.

And there's the vid. Marvelous.
I know exactly how you feel lol...

My birthday was yesterday (23rd), I'm hoping for a nice belated present :smile:

Oh haha what a fun way to spend your birthday :lol:
Original post by RuWill2001
To be honest I don't believe anyone. The Polls look like they're going to be wrong. The bookies look set to be wrong (At 10PM the odds for BREXIT were 13/2. And the pound was rising because remain was supposed to a cert!

I'm trying to be the least biased possible here.

I personally think this'll be a very, very tight finish.

Yet, I'm pretty dumfounded right now.
I hope you've all taken precautions and stocked up on long-lasting food and fuel

The days of the beta are numbered!
Original post by looseseal

When Brexit literally crashes the economy and sends us into a recession I'll know who to blame.

I am packing my bags for Deutschland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Just took a short nap from midnight till now. Whoah what, what happening

What's happening is that Labour have utterly failed to convince their voters that inviting the third world, subsidising farmers and destroying British fishing jobs is good for them. According to Curtis most of the UK is voting as expected bar 2 areas... 1 the north east where Remain has been crushed (over 60% in Sunderland and Middlesbrough, only won Newcastle by 2000 votes)... 2 is Wales where Swansea (Wales's second city) has already voted out and word is that almost every major town and city has done so too.

Rule Brittania!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I am extremely unhappy and bitter. Didn't realise the country was this retarded.

I guess this is the price of democracy. I never thought the Chinese had it good until now.
North Warwickshire and Fareham vote to Leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by looseseal

We're the 5th biggest economy in the world, the EU needs us more than we need the EU.
Original post by Josb
Foreigners, by definition, cannot vote.

depends some can
Original post by Nettled
Oh haha what a fun way to spend your birthday :lol:

Since I turned 20, I've prefered to keep my birthdays on a low key :smile: tonight is an exception haha!
The markets are volatile, much like many of the remain camp who, rather than assess the entire picture logically, are overcome with emotion and go on ridiculous rants. The pound becoming weaker can actually benefit you as it can boost exports, lead to job creation and many countries, even those in the EU have purposely devalued their own currency to achieve such. A stronger pound benefits the richest. Why do you think the rich elites, along with the likes of Cameron, were supporting the remain campaign?

It's that same reactionist nonsense that leads to them calling everyone who wants a debate about controlled migration a racist. If they spent half as much time actually thinking about things logically, as they do filling themselves with emotional rage, they might actually have a clue.
EEK 1 Dollar is now 70p.
This will go down when everything is over. Just glad I bought my dollars a while ago
Original post by TelAviv
I hope you've all taken precautions and stocked up on long-lasting food and fuel

The days of the beta are numbered!

Can't wait for a loaf of bread to cost £2 billion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending