The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thutmose-III
Good comment. Some sectors of the city preferred remain (particularly investment bankers) but others (like forex traders) have said that actually there are great risks staying in the EU as the Germans have long wanted to introduce a Tobin Tax that would damage the City. Still other sectors like the insurance brokers and syndicates at Lloyds of London will be fine and they'll go on providing insurance to the entire world as they have done since the 18th century

Bang on the money!!

My dad is a portfolio manager who manages the insurance shares of his firm (good guess)!the portfolio he helps manage is worth in the 10s of billions so he isn't an idiot and has worked through every market dip and lived to tell the tale of 2009 and thats what his speciality is and he told me insurance will be fine.

We lived through 2009 guys. We've got this.

Most of the fund managers, particularly the long term value investors have said it'll be rough but the market will balance itself. If we got past 2009 we can get past this.
Original post by physicsphysics91
Now let boris be PM and make Britain great again

Great minds think a like, look at my post above this quoted post.
There's a tear on my cheek. Really. This is terrible.
Reply 1664
Original post by Rakas21
If Birmingham and Leeds don't go solid remain then there's simply no way enough councils will give it to Remain even including the remaining London councils.

Birmingham Leave by 50.5%, so it's over.
This is not the outcome I wanted at all. I hope it turns out to be less of a concern than people expect, yet I have a feeling my optimism is unjustified.

In these circumstances we must begin to strive back towards true liberalism and effective leadership. And it's painted orange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CherishFreedom
Mathematically impossible for Remain to win now. Leave has won.

No, it's not. Remain could possibly win, but it's unlikely.
**** off David beckham, **** off Jamie Oliver **** all those who told us to vote remain with your fear mongering
Original post by Llewellyn
No, a 5% drop is a resounding "I dont believe in the pound" from the world.

We're at a 10% drop right now, even if remain wins the market has taken a serious blow from this.

I am not an expert but I would definitely predict the economy to slip further as a result of this panic cycle.

You're probably right. I'm no expert either.

Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part.
How long will it take to recover? When are we going to get back to break even? Is life ever going to be much better than it is now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I say this, we have just upset an entire continent. I think we have just completely f***ed the Europe Project for everyone. Expect the European Union to gradually dissolve. I think they'll ditch the euro too. Good luck with your future holidays
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No, it's not arrogance. Immigration seems like the biggest most influential reason for people voting leave.

You said it was all because of immigration.

None of the people I know who decided to vote Leave did so for immigration related reasons. They all did it for reasons of sovereignty, democratic accountability and opposition to the EU's corporatist agenda
Reply 1672
Let the seething begin
Original post by Snufkin
There's a tear on my cheek. Really. This is terrible.

In crying in joy 😭
Original post by The_Opinion
Not long until PM Johnson takes his position :smile:

Oh god no. Hell no. That man should be shot at dawn
Original post by cbreef
Can I say this, we have just upset an entire continent. I think we have just completely f***ed the Europe Project for everyone. Expect the European Union to gradually dissolve. I think they'll ditch the euro too. Good luck with your future holidays

No see now we can all build fences across Europe and go back to being good nationalists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef

If Europe is so fragile that it couldn't handle one member of out 28 leaving then it's a good idea we got out before the whole thing collapsed.
Pound/Dollar down over 10.5%
Original post by cbreef

We probably have. It'd be interesting to see how the EU reacts. But it has to be noted that eurosceptic views aren't exclusive to the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thutmose-III
You said it was all because of immigration.

None of the people I know who decided to vote Leave did so for immigration related reasons. They all did it for reasons of sovereignty, democratic accountability and opposition to the EU's corporatist agenda

I'm not a poll, how would i know if it was all Immigration? I was just making a point, excuse the wording.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending