The Student Room Group

Britain has voted to LEAVE - Confirmed

Pound sterling falls to record lows since 1985 (1.34 dollars per pound)

Scroll to see replies

brb buying petrol
Original post by Rajive
It's just like...what now?

We kill ourselves.
I'm going to search for a country that will accept me
Reply 5
Happy independence day!

We did it!
Japan have halted trading on their markets, most of the Far East have seen their markets fall, and the Pound at levels not seen since 1985.

Wow.
Original post by Legendary Quest
I'm going to search for a country that will accept me

There are more than enough across Europe

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Leave' is forecast to win; not confirmed.
Original post by Aceadria
'Leave' is forecast to win; not confirmed.

Semantics.
If people had listened to economists who predicted our economy crashing, then we wouldn't have now a dreadful future ahead of us.
Europe was supposed to be an interdependent force, it just ended up being a dependent one, lots of leeching, it's more dysfunctional, and now we've escaped that, there are short term challenges but for the longer term vision we have taken the best step forward
Original post by physicsamor
If people had listened to economists who predicted our economy crashing, then we wouldn't have now a dreadful future ahead of us.

Short-term losses but long-term gains, isn't that what leave have been campaigning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The English never miss an opportunity to show their stupidity. They've just voted to give more powers to the party that has caused the majority of their problems. 🙄
Reply 14
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Europe was supposed to be an interdependent force, it just ended up being a dependent one, lots of leeching, it's more dysfunctional, and now we've escaped that, there are short term challenges but for the longer term vision we have taken the best step forward

Good to see you know more than professional economists
What was the voter turnout?
Original post by physicsamor

Lol please, as if the large the leavers are intelligent enough. It was all about immigraation
Arghh I'm so angry

Gonna buy a shed of Freddos before they turn £87.50 each tho

How do people have no sense??

I'm leaving this country as soon as I graduate
Original post by NotNotBatman

72%
Original post by NotNotBatman

Pretty low (-ish)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply