The Student Room Group

And a happy Independence Day to everyone... :D

^^

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations. Not the result I wanted and voted for but I respect it.
:ninja:

😅
You too mate. We did it and we CAN do it.
Reply 4
I really don't care but I voted leave so I guess I'm happy.
Original post by 99_Problems
Congratulations. Not the result I wanted and voted for but I respect it.

I acknowledge in many previous posts of mine I have argued with incorrect statistics (some very recent), but I have always thought the Brexit case was much stronger and better.

And I'll gladly defend my point with sources 'n everything. :smile:

Thanks for respecting the camp I advocate (I can't vote yet.)
Original post by Mathemagicien
:frown:

Why the long face?

(Thread title was supposed to be provocative; not really representative of my views, with the patriotic connotations and all that; patriotism is not what I have based my case on.)
Happy indépendance day!! :biggrin:

Im so happy i haven't stopped grinning for the past hour :biggrin:
Original post by tootles44
Happy indépendance day!! :biggrin:

Im so happy i haven't stopped grinning for the past hour :biggrin:

I haven't stopped checking the bbc poll / google poll for over 3 hours. :s-smilie:
Happy Independence Day!!!!!! We made history. I've kept quiet to my friends (outside TSR) that I voted leave but I'm glad. It'll will take time but we can do this.
Have you seen how the pound has fallen? This is nothing to celebrate. A huge recession is coming our way and innocent people are going to suffer. Congratulations.
Pound faller by a bigger margin than it did on black Wednesday, in the winter of discontent or the lehmans crisis, down to its lowest point in three decades, before the big money even kicks in, which will drive the pound down further. FTSE expect to open 8% down. We've just voted to go into recession, this is not a moment to celebrate, this is a dark stain on British history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOOO :banana:

Never underestimate our "little island" :biggrin:
Reply 13
:biggrin:
If I was DC I'd just keep all policies in place as though we're still in the EU even after leave

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by tanyapotter
Have you seen how the pound has fallen? This is nothing to celebrate. A huge recession is coming our way and innocent people are going to suffer. Congratulations.

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Pound faller by a bigger margin than it did on black Wednesday, in the winter of discontent or the lehmans crisis, down to its lowest point in three decades, before the big money even kicks in, which will drive the pound down further. FTSE expect to open 8% down. We've just voted to go into recession, this is not a moment to celebrate, this is a dark stain on British history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They thought this was 'scaremonging' before. As bad as I feel to say this, it will be an enjoyable experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if people will sing the National Anthem every 24th of June from now on to celebrate independence...
Original post by XcitingStuart
^^

Happy Independence Day to you too. I'm so proud that my vote actually helped bring this about. Victory in England, my friend. Victory in England!
Original post by *Stefan*
They thought this was 'scaremonging' before. As bad as I feel to say this, it will be an enjoyable experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel bad for the poor working class demographic of Brexiters who will undoubtedly suffer the most from this, because they put their faith in a plan from which they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose. This is a sad, sad day.
Original post by XcitingStuart
^^

It will be so great!

- Illegal immigration and immigration from different cultures will increase (which I know you've all been campaigning for)
- The value of the pound will go down and stay down (but the pound will now be extra british, which is what counts right?)
- We will now have no say on what happens in the eu which means they can still do stuff that affects us but we have no negotiation or veto powers.
- All the EU investment will dry up. (but it's fine because all that money being put into deprived economies was unpatriotic, right?)
- Oh yeah and that border into our country you all hated in Calais? It will now be in Dover. By which point they will have claimed asylum and you will be unable to deport them.

Enjoy

xxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending