The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
Nicola Sturgeon: "Scotland sees it's future as part of the EU"
Uh oh. Well done. Bye bye UK

Believe in Britain mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm going to call this as a gigantic mistake. Would be happy to be wrong.

Not just for UK, our economy, our laws, our politics, our future. But this will have serious ramifications for the rest of Europe too.
Original post by chemting
Believe in Britain mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I don't think so. This is a step too far
Original post by cbreef
<--------- Dassault Rafale :wink: Thing of beauty

Ive just realised thats your profile picture.Yes,its a beautiful and very effective jet,but its very expensive for the French to maintain.The french arent doing anything like it again by themselves.The French can only really support the Dassault Rafale due to exports.
I had £10 on this. Tripled my money, Ayyyyyy.
Original post by Kadak
He is seriously underestimating the cost of modern day defense project.Even the Americans cant sustain the F35 by themselves.

The price of that thing is scheduled to go into the TRILLIONS. I mean.... what???
Original post by Kadak
Ive just realised thats your profile picture.Yes,its a beautiful and very effective jet,but its very expensive for the French to maintain.The french arent doing anything like it again by themselves.The French can only really support the Dassault Rafale due to exports.

Yeah, they've sold a lot of them to middle eastern countries and India too
Original post by Llewellyn
Not just for UK, our economy, our laws, our politics, our future. But this will have serious ramifications for the rest of Europe too.

Yes, it's terrible. It might actually free the populations of other countries to actually take back their sovereignty from an unpopular, unelected and unaccountable oligarchich project :rolleyes:
Original post by The_Opinion
Unwilling to, as a result of the pressure to have a European project, that was a giant waste of money, and we would have been much better of designing and building our own, or buying from the US, France, or even Japan.

To be honest China are producing Motorbikes that match the same quality as Japaneese and they can produce them for like 20% the cost and still make a profit.

Getting myself a Sinnis Apache 125cc to commute to work and back. Far cheaper than a YBR125.
Original post by cbreef
The price of that thing is scheduled to go into the TRILLIONS. I mean.... what???

I know.Its ridicolous.Price of ships are reaching hundreds of millions ,and aircraft carriers are now these days more than 1 billion a piece.The idea Britain will be able to support its defense industry on its own is delusional.Our budget doesnt stretch far enough.At this rate,British armed forces and other militarities willl demobilise themselves via expensive equipment.
Original post by Kadak
I know.Its ridicolous.Price of ships are reaching hundreds of millions ,and aircraft carriers are now these days more than 1 billion a piece.The idea Britain will be able to support its defense industry on its own is delusional.Our budget doesnt stretch far enough.At this rate,British armed forces and other militarities willl demobilise themselves via expensive equipment.

We'll have to downsize I think
Good! lets downsize our millitary.

No more wars!
Original post by Tawheed
Good! lets downsize our millitary.

No more wars!

At least there'll be no EU army.

That, I admit, was a horrible idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Don't doubt it.

Believe. Belief is good.

It will be fine. :'3

I am studying. (':

The Brexiters have not given any plans as to how the money lost from the EU will be compensated .Your asking me to have faith in the Tories and UKIP ?Even when most of the world`s top economists,including Nobel prize winners,say otherwise ?
Have you ever heard of the corollary to Clarke`s first law ?
"When, however, the lay public rallies round an idea that is denounced by distinguished but elderly scientists and supports that idea with great fervour and emotion -- the distinguished but elderly scientists are then, after all, probably right."
Original post by Friar Chris
Yes, it's terrible. It might actually free the populations of other countries to actually take back their sovereignty from an unpopular, unelected and unaccountable oligarchich project :rolleyes:

Yes, because sovereignty is much more important than the economy, trading, security and fair access laws. :smile: And those countries were definitely forced to join and were definitely not allowed to choose to leave because no one can do that - oh wait...

Laughing at your ignorance doesn't make things better unfortunately. Although I expect nothing less considering your stance.
This was always about immigration, and it makes me sad that they're used as a scapegoat. This result reflects the division within the UK and the stupidity of the electorate
Original post by drowzee
This was always about immigration, and it makes me sad that they're used as a scapegoat. This result reflects the division within the UK and the stupidity of the electorate

I said this earlier, but someone on here called me arrogant :colonhash:

It's true, Immigration is were the public felt that "their voices were not heard". It's all so disappointing :frown:
Original post by alevelstresss
I wish I could stay up all night to collect the brexiters' tears but I have an exam tomorrow

So...you were saying?
Original post by drowzee

This attitude is why remain lost.

Immigration has so many negatives that have hurt million and millions of people, this was a chance to show that.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
The Commons can overrule the Lords, you complete, insufferable cretin -- not so the EU institutions.

The best part of this vote is that we hopefully we won't have to hear this line too much anymore.

I didn't see the Lords getting overruled when they rejected Osborne's disability cuts. What about FPTP? Will Lord BoJo scrap it on day one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending