The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

WELP! That's 48% of our foreign investment gone.

GG, Britain.

(IDK if I'm allowed to post in this thread since I didn't pull an all-nighter but I did get up at 4am??? It sort of counts, right??)
Original post by Kadak
The Brexiters have not given any plans as to how the money lost from the EU will be compensated .Your asking me to have faith in the Tories and UKIP ?Even when most of the world`s top economists,including Nobel prize winners,say otherwise ?
Have you ever heard of the corollary to Clarke`s first law ?
"When, however, the lay public rallies round an idea that is denounced by distinguished but elderly scientists and supports that idea with great fervour and emotion -- the distinguished but elderly scientists are then, after all, probably right."

I quite frankly don't care about this enough for a debate. :rofl:
Original post by The_Opinion
This attitude is why remain lost.

Immigration has so many negatives that have hurt million and millions of people, this was a chance to show that.

Open xenophobia like this is why I have no desire to stay in the country, and nor will many people with half a brain. Scotland will leave, Northern Ireland may follow, and you will be left with a far right isolationist paradise. Enjoy.
Original post by drowzee
This was always about immigration, and it makes me sad that they're used as a scapegoat. This result reflects the division within the UK and the stupidity of the electorate

People say Brexit will make Britain great again,but Britain no longer has India and the other colonies to steal resources from again:confused:,and companies will probably move factories to other places,so no idea how we are to be "great again".Its sad common sense has lost to appeal to emotion.
Original post by Midlander
Open xenophobia like this is why I have no desire to stay in the country, and nor will many people with half a brain. Scotland will leave, Northern Ireland may follow, and you will be left with a far right isolationist paradise. Enjoy.

Northern Ireland will not leave, that's just silly talk.

Neither will Scotland, although Scotland is a more realistic claim.
So much salt already from remainers, kind of exposes what they are and always have been - whiny, spiteful children.
Northern Ireland will not leave, that's just silly talk.

Neither will Scotland, although Scotland is a more realistic claim.

I don't see what reason Scotland has to stay. And I say that as someone who voted for it to stay in 2014.
@Naveed-7 and @Audrey18 I can't believe it's happened guys. Happy Independence Day!!!!!!
How can people not see that the pound dropping so dramatically is foreshadowing the next year at least? With the pound being weak imports become more expensive - and we are a nation that SURVIVES ON IMPORTS.

We're just basically all screwed, aren't we?

(I'm genuinely terrified we're going to see an uptick in racism.)

Scotland will probably hold another referendum, but I doubt NI will leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
''Oh oh oh let's vote leave and take back our britian'' said the 2 old ladies as they sit down for evening tea. F*** you old people
I don't see what reason Scotland has to stay. And I say that as someone who voted for it to stay in 2014.

The same reasons that existed a couple of years ago. In fact, them reasons are even larger as oil prices are lower now.
100% mathematically confirmed victory now
Time for sleep..
This attitude is why remain lost.

Immigration has so many negatives that have hurt million and millions of people, this was a chance to show that.

No it doesn't. The cuts to local constituencies puts pressure on services; if we had more investment, we would not have so much pressure. Also, we need more migrants to make up for the aging population
Original post by Ladymusiclover
@Naveed-7 and @Audrey18 I can't believe it's happened guys. Happy Independence Day!!!!!!

Agreed, you too. Happy Independence Day.

We now have control of our country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone explain to me why disabled people are really upset about this result? Legit question :redface:
Fml, screwed over by the North East and Wales...
The same reasons that existed a couple of years ago. In fact, them reasons are even larger as oil prices are lower now.

I don't know how you can vote for Britain to leave on account of its wishes not being respected and then deny Scots the same right. The message is 'our wishes are not respected by the British government', and such a disparity in the vote is a strong example of that.
At the end of the day, whilst I'm not particularly happy with the result, well done Brexiters.

It does go to show though that no matter how powerful a campaign is, it is the will of the people which is supreme (and that pollsters need to get their ****ing **** together :lol:)
I am so shocked by this result. It's a sad day in UK history.

Quick Reply