The Student Room Group

Britain has voted to LEAVE - Confirmed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
Good to see you know more than professional economists

Professional economists were not arguing that the UK will be worse off in the long run, merely the short run.

This is entirely a myth that is based on fear and ad hominem. Ridiculous.

The next few years will be a hell of a lot of work. 10 years time and we will be better off for sure.

But it's not just about our economy! But it is about changing the political battleground. Hopefully the changes to the way the government acts now will not just be with europe but also with the way public services are managed. Housing. And so on. So much to do. So much change may happen, but will it?

I am very excited for the future.
Original post by chemting
Pretty low (-ish)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TorpidPhil
72%

72% actually seems quite high.
Original post by NotNotBatman

It is the highest we've had in about 30years.

The last general election, 2012, had a voter turnout of 65% and the one before it only aroud 62%. So yes, this is a relatively high voter turnout.
Original post by NotNotBatman

Last general election was about 67% so dunno :dontknow:

A lot of places had a turnout much lower than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Arab Guy
Pound sterling falls to record lows since 1985 (1.34 dollars per pound)

What was £ to $ before EU referendum like ... £1 = $1.4 + £1 = 1.33 euro whereas
now its £1 to 1.22 euro. :shot:
We'll be fine I'm sure.
Original post by TorpidPhil

But it's not just about our economy! But it is about changing the political battleground. Hopefully the changes to the way the government acts now will not just be with europe but also with the way public services are managed. Housing. And so on. So much to do. So much change may happen, but will it?

That is the idocy, to believe all those politicians saying, that their faults concerning inner policy are caused by outer policy. IT IS NOT! Hosing will stay as bad as it is, except you see empty cities with a failing economy and thus plenty of living space as a role model. You still have the same politicians ruling the UK than before, you even backed them with the leave out, showing them, you trust in Boris, Gove, etc. So what will make you think, that they will change their attitude?

Boris Johnson wants to become Prime minister, that is all, no inner connection to BREXIT other than this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Pound sterling has gone up and down all the time. We need to wait and see a bit more to what happens to pound sterling, it's too soon to call judgements.
Original post by Nathanielle
That is the idocy, to believe all those politicians saying, that their faults concerning inner policy are caused by outer policy. IT IS NOT! Hosing will stay as bad as it is, except you see empty cities with a failing economy and thus plenty of living space as a role model. You still have the same politicians ruling the UK than before, you even backed them with the leave out, showing them, you trust in Boris, Gove, etc. So what will make you think, that they will change their attitude?

Boris Johnson wants to become Prime minister, that is all, no inner connection to BREXIT other than this.

A set of politicians more akin to those of UKIP rather than those of labour is a MASSIVE political change. Gove is a very different sort of politician than Cameron.

Of course leaving the EU will not solve all of these things alone, but it is a start and it shows how much the people care about these issues which hopefully will drive the governemnt to deal with them because if they don't they simply will not get re-elected.
Original post by SMEGGGY

The only thing I'll miss is that we had one of the best passports, access to many countries :biggrin: oh well, there's more important issues to consider than holidays
Too late to book the summer tickets to Europe lol. :smile:
Original post by undercxver

Doesn't matter I'm looking at packing my suitcase to move abroad perm
once I get my degree, which should be plenty of time given a rough estimate
when the leave date will be around 2019-2020. :moon:
(edited 7 years ago)
What a disaster. Farage and other Leave campaigners are all admitting they don't know the facts. They tried to sell this to the public without truly knowing the facts and results. This is the end.
Original post by saladays
What a disaster. Farage and other Leave campaigners are all admitting they don't know the facts. They tried to sell this to the public without truly knowing the facts and results. This is the end.

Agreed, whilst I believe we had the right to democracy, I don't believe any real facts were produced and people were misled. Although to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed by remain either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Arab Guy
Pound sterling falls to record lows since 1985 (1.34 dollars per pound)

In the long run, yhats actually not a bad thing for the uk's current account.
Original post by undercxver

you can still travel to europe? You just need a visa.
Original post by Butterfly9595
Agreed, whilst I believe we had the right to democracy, I don't believe any real facts were produced and people were misled. Although to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed by remain either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, exactly! What a terrible excuse for a campaign. Nobody could really be sure as to what they were voting for. No matter how you vote we're screwed, but now Farage is admitting he 'shouldn't have said' that we can spend £350M on the NHS, as I'm sure many over lies will come out... Have mercy on us.
Original post by physicsamor
If people had listened to economists who predicted our economy crashing, then we wouldn't have now a dreadful future ahead of us.

You're so deluded it's unreal. Just because special interests working for governmental departments with a neo-liberal political agenda said leaving the EU will have implications on the British economy, that doesn't mean it's absolute.

The UK has an economy of 65 million people, which is bigger than Australia, New Zealand and Canada - all of whom are outside of an economic trading bloc. The working class vote has spoke for the first time in decades so stop crying and get on with your life.
Even though I supported Brexit I honestly thought we would end up remaining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending