The Student Room Group

Post-Brexit Predictions

So Leave has *probably one*. Intresting swing from the "rigged", "blame thomas mair" that was posted around 11pm. But hey ho well done. What do you think will happen now? Here are some of mine (they look bad, prob since I wanted to remian)?

1.Scotland Will Leave The UK
2. Gibraltar will have another independence vote.
3. Pound won't return to average level by 2017
4. The next election has been moved closer
5. The nomination wil be:
Farage,
Corbyn,
Boris
No-one cares much about Lib Dems anymore.
6. Atleast 3 more country will leave the EU by the end of 2017.

Now I have a physics exam to do, worst day ever.
What's your predictions?
1) Cameron ignores the result. it's not legally binding.

2) we invoke article 50 in a few months, meaning we stay in for a few more months

3) terrorists fly a plane into a nuclear power plant , and we postpone article 50 , maybe for several years,

4) the house of lords overturns the referendum result
(edited 7 years ago)
The UK will dip into a recession that it wont come out of until 2018. During which time, Scotland has a second referendum and unanimously votes to leave the UK and starts the process of joining the EU.
A Scottish referendum is likely. UKIP will be more of a threat.
Election by Christmas
Scottish Independence
Reunion of Ireland
Gibraltar independence
World economy crashes, global recession
Boris PM/Trump president
Dutch vote to leave
French vote in Le Pen.
London as a city state

I obviously don't think they will all happen, but worst case..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 99_Problems
A Scottish referendum is likely. UKIP will be more of a threat.

I can't see any way of SNP losing this now. All they need to do is Copy and Paste thier old speech + EU.

Also, UKIP will slowly rise now. People, inlcuding leavers, are saying that he and his party will vanish. Absolutely not. If anything, all the nationalist will come out the wood and his party will rise.

TBH , what worries me the most is that anything bad the happens, esp economically, the only reply we're getting is "it's recover/ get better"
Reply 6
Original post by Perfectly_Imperfect
Election by Christmas
Scottish Independence
Reunion of Ireland
Gibraltar independence
World economy crashes, global recession
Boris PM/Trump president
Dutch vote to leave
French vote in Le Pen.
London as a city state

I obviously don't think they will all happen, but worst case..

This was the other problem with the referendum. Whatever Scot, Ire and Gib say, it will be overruled by what England want. All the independence parties will be rubbing their hands
Reply 7
London city state pleaseeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What I'm worried more about is all the other country's threats of action if BREXIT happened.
E.g. Spain tampering Gibraltor's borders, same with France and Calais.

And boody 'eck, Boris Johnson PM. It's over.
Original post by DJBay123
I can't see any way of SNP losing this now. All they need to do is Copy and Paste thier old speech + EU.

Also, UKIP will slowly rise now. People, inlcuding leavers, are saying that he and his party will vanish. Absolutely not. If anything, all the nationalist will come out the wood and his party will rise.

TBH , what worries me the most is that anything bad the happens, esp economically, the only reply we're getting is "it's recover/ get better"

They need to take note from UK's crap remain campaign of negativity and finance and speak directly to the people and reassure the issues people care about like immigration

How anyone can think UKIP will shrink into the shadows in a "Well now my job is done" kind of way is stupid and naive. They will use this as a launching pad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending