The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
Norway requires free movement of people to engage in the European single market and so do we.Posted from TSR Mobile
You are using the wrong terms, every country in the world engages with the single market.
Reply 1921
Original post by The_Opinion
You are using the wrong terms, every country in the world engages with the single market.

We'd require free movement of people to engage in the European market. How many times does this have to be said?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Europe, not the EU

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't matter at all, you don't seriously believe that people will say "no, don't trade with them, they are a little bit closer".

That isn't how the world works, The EU needs us for trade, and we need them, a deal will be made.
Reply 1923
Doesn't matter at all, you don't seriously believe that people will say "no, don't trade with them, they are a little bit closer".

That isn't how the world works, The EU needs us for trade, and we need them, a deal will be made.

A deal that requires free movement of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
We'd require free movement of people to engage in the European market. How many times does this have to be said?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because you don't understand what you are talking about and the meanings of the words used (like most leftists). As I have said, basically every nation in the world engages in the European market.

Use the correct terms, I know what you are trying to say, I just want you to learn.
Original post by RobML
A deal that requires free movement of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, trade for trade, its quite simple.

When we make a deal with other nations, with Australia for example, there is no need for that.
I feel there needs to a festival or street party due the brexit vote.
I know it might not have been the vote you wanted, Remainers but we need to rally together now in our country's interest. The people have spoken and it's time to move on, and it's time enter negociations with the EU and trigger the act 50. Surely we cannot have a general election, Cameron will have to, at some point, step down and be replaced.
Reply 1928
Because you don't understand what you are talking about and the meanings of the words used (like most leftists). As I have said, basically every nation in the world engages in the European market.

Use the correct terms, I know what you are trying to say, I just want you to learn.

The European common market, whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1929
There are plenty of people that want the jobs, how do you think the country survived for hundreds of years before?

What has Norway got to do with anything?

Hundreds of years ago? What are you on about? The country had a fraction of the population, hardly as many nurses, with rudimentary training at best. Get your head out of your ass.

To engage in trade with the EU, Norway has to allow free movement to and from EU member states.
Original post by RobML
The European common market, whatever Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, still not correct.You are trying to refer to tariff free access.
Original post by alow
Hundreds of years ago? What are you on about? The country had a fraction of the population, hardly as many nurses, with rudimentary training at best. Get your head out of your ass.

To engage in trade with the EU, Norway has to allow free movement to and from EU member states.

The naivety of leftists :biggrin:

You do realise that we trade with India, China, the US right?

They don't have freedom of movement.
Reply 1932
Nope, still not correct.You are trying to refer to tariff free access.

I'm definitely talking about the EEC. Don't be so patronising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
I'm definitely talking about the EEC. Don't be so patronising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every country in the world trades with the EEC, so your point doesn't make sense.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I feel there needs to a festival or street party due the brexit vote.

You nned to be where I'm from :cheers:

Every country in the world trades with the EEC, so your point doesn't make sense.

Nothing he says usually makes sense though :\
GG guys
Original post by 0to100
You nned to be where I'm from :cheers:Nothing he says usually makes sense though :\
These crazies seem to think that we have no trade with the US, Canada, India, China etc, its unbelievable :biggrin:

But not without tariffs. The EU has more power, and although it does need us, the EU will use this as warning. We cannot trade without tariffs and not abide by EU rules. We could go the Norwegian route and join the EEA without being in the EU- we will no say over the rules and regulations, or a bilateral agreement like Switzerland, which would be terrible for the financial sector. We could try to negotiate a better deal, but I don't think we could negotiate anything better, or anything as good as we (did) have as an EU member.
These crazies seem to think that we have no trade with the US, Canada, India, China etc, its unbelievable :biggrin:

They're so silly to use a nice word I can substitute for the word I'm thinking lol they did a loooot of ineffective scaremongering despite the hypocritical claims that leavers are scaremongering :nah:

ah well anyway! lol and a remainer just unfollowed me :console:
and Smeggy and drogon and all these trolls had so much to say just 2 hrs ago lool about being a sore loser Leaver :nah:

:cheers:
Original post by drowzee
But not without tariffs. The EU has more power, and although it does need us, the EU will use this as warning. We cannot trade without tariffs and not abide by EU rules. We could go the Norwegian route and join the EEA without being in the EU- we will no say over the rules and regulations, or a bilateral agreement like Switzerland, which would be terrible for the financial sector. We could try to negotiate a better deal, but I don't think we could negotiate anything better, or anything as good as we (did) have as an EU member.

Finally we are talking about the tariff issue.

Its simple, we offer them tariff free trade, done. The EU will be very weak, they don't need problems accessing our market. The movement of people is not required. Over the next few days / weeks you will find many EU based companies calling for such a deal.

Quick Reply

Latest