The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Effects of Brexit to EU students

So i have been living in the UK for 8 years now, i currently hold a Spanish Passport, this september i am going into University and have been eligible for a student loan and maintenance loan. Now that the UK is officially leaving the EU, how would it affect me in the future?

I am worried that in the upcoming future i won't be able to afford going to University and Living within their accomodation, could this ruin my future and other EU students?
:yawn: you'll be fine. I don't think it counts since you didn't come after we left :h:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by 0to100
:yawn: you'll be fine. I don't think it counts since you didn't come after we left :h:

Good to know, thanks for the reply man :smile:
It can take approx 2 years to officially leave. Please don't worry this will only affect future EU migrants.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
It can take approx 2 years to officially leave. Please don't worry this will only affect future EU migrants.

Thank you for your reply :smile: i can sleep calmly now, the EU referendum cost me an all nighter :biggrin:
So I was gonna go do dentistry in Spain for 5 years but I guess that's not happening any more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
So I was gonna go do dentistry in Spain for 5 years but I guess that's not happening any more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man.. that really sucks. I am unsure but wouldnt they have the same applications to EU Students in UK to British Students in EU? but then again 2 years isn't enough for you to complete the course... ahhhh :/
Original post by johnfrancis_j
Oh man.. that really sucks. I am unsure but wouldnt they have the same applications to EU Students in UK to British Students in EU? but then again 2 years isn't enough for you to complete the course... ahhhh :/

Exactly in 5 years time no ones knows what's gonna happen so I guess I can't go as its to big of a risk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Until definite proposals are announced any speculation about what students will, or won't, be able to do is pure speculation. Abandoning future study plans at this stage is utterly ridiculous.
Original post by Duncan2012
Until definite proposals are announced any speculation about what students will, or won't, be able to do is pure speculation. Abandoning future study plans at this stage is utterly ridiculous.

Right so I'll be 5 years into me degree having spent around 54thousand and then the government decide if my degree is legible or not, so it's not really ridiculous is it

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can always ask for a dual citizenship.. but the actual brexit won't be there for quite a few years
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Right so I'll be 5 years into me degree having spent around 54thousand and then the government decide if my degree is legible or not, so it's not really ridiculous is it

Changing your whole future plans 1 hour after the referendum result was announced and before anything has been announced about student funding most certainly is ridiculous. Are all your life decisions knee-jerk reactions?
Original post by Metrododo
You can always ask for a dual citizenship.. but the actual brexit won't be there for quite a few years

Agreed, Spain does allow dual citizenship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending