The Student Room Group

We did it!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
@DarkMagic Would be interesting to see (if Scotland left) if the rest of the UK would be devolved... I mean what would be the point without Scotland?

I wonder how many Scots are regretting voting to stay in the UK this morning.
I think the UK would be ok without Scotland or NI, but I don't know how well it would manage if both left. I don't know how much desire there is in Wales to leave, they always seem pretty attached to England from the outside.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Pretty much unanimoualy agreed we are leaving. The big question is who comes next.

It was not unanimous
Original post by cherryred90s
It was not unanimous

Ummm, the markets seemed pretty convinced, the betting market had called it, all the broadcasters had called it, pray tell who hadn't called it other than the electoral commission.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by democracyforum
I actually disagree

The referendum is not legally binding and Cameron can just ignore the result

We're still in the EU , technically

Hopefully, for the sake of the nation, Cameron ignores!!
Original post by tootles44
We did it, we ****ing did it !!! :biggrin:
yes, you just opened the doors to instability and competing nationalisms

and, possibly, disintegrated the UK , with Scotland asking for a new referendum and Ireland dreaming again of unifying the island
Original post by DarkMagic
I think the UK would be ok without Scotland or NI, but I don't know how well it would manage if both left. I don't know how much desire there is in Wales to leave, they always seem pretty attached to England from the outside.

Wales is basically England lol
I voted to leave the UK myself in 2014 due to discontent with the state of the UK and lack of Scottish devolution. I have slightly softened my stance since then, but this makes me want to do the same again. This isn't even about our economy anymore, I'm sick of us voting one way and England the opposite. I'm sorry but it's getting all too common...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bella909
Hopefully, for the sake of the nation, Cameron ignores!!

Or you know, he does as the nation told him to do and he wants to because at the end of the day he wants to keep his job

I do love seeing all you so called Democrats basically saying "the result is wrong, **** democracy"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or you know, he does as the nation told him to do and he wants to because at the end of the day he wants to keep his job

I do love seeing all you so called Democrats basically saying "the result is wrong, **** democracy"

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is it democracy if the wishes of 49% of the nation are ignored? How is it democracy if such a life-changing decision is made on the judgement of millions of uninformed voters who have relied on the likes of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage to educate them?
Ummm, the markets seemed pretty convinced, the betting market had called it, all the broadcasters had called it, pray tell who hadn't called it other than the electoral commission.

Posted from TSR Mobile

51.9% of people voted leave. How is that unanimous?
How is it democracy if the wishes of 49% of the nation are ignored? How is it democracy if such a life-changing decision is made on the judgement of millions of uninformed voters who have relied on the likes of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage to educate them?

Maybe you haven't realised yet but 52%>48.

Quite basic really.
Original post by DarkMagic

I believe the UK would not be able to survive if Scotland left because the financial resources of Scotland are essential to us. The United Kingdom would go bankrupt without the natural resources that we obtain from Scotland.
Original post by mariachi
Ireland dreaming again of unifying the island

I'm not opposed to that :holmes:

I think the most interesting thing to watch out for is how the EU reacts and possible reforms it might make to prevent other countries from following suit and leaving.
Reply 32
This was a victory against globalism

Something I thought the Left would oppose

When all these big banks like the IMF and Goldman Sachs (who helped get Greece into the EU) were against Brexit, it says it all...

Something tells me you wouldn't be saying this if the results were the other way around. It's democracy because everybody (near enough) above the aje of majority was given the opportunity vote and more people said they wanted to leave than stay, simple as that. But I am loving reading all you butthurt remainers talking about how racist and stupid half the country is.

51.9% of people voted leave. How is that unanimous?

Because the unanimous statement wasn't that we should leave but that we will leave...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IslamistheTruth
Maybe you haven't realised yet but 52%>48.

Quite basic really.

Sorry typo, such an interesting debate you give
Because the unanimous statement wasn't that we should leave but that we will leave...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can't be a unanimous statement if almost half the population disagreed...
It can't be a unanimous statement if almost half the population disagreed...

Then tell me who was at 5am declaring a result other than a leave win...

Maybe you should put your glasses on and try reading the op again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then tell me who was at 5am declaring a result other than a leave win...

Maybe you should put your glasses on and try reading the op again

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't know what unanimous means

Again, tell me who at 5am was not calling it for remain that matters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was very close... I was expecting only a 2 or 3 percent lead, and in all honesty I thought Remain would win. In actuality, Leave was the overall result, but again just 2 percent, so it was close!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending