The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
They had one 2 years ago that was billed as "once in a generation", so its a different situation.

It took decades to get another referendum, 40 years or so. I have no objection about giving them another referendum, just not so soon. If I was Scottish, I would actually vote leave, even though it makes no financial sense. It is just not right to have another referendum 2, 3, 4 or 5 years after they one.

I can almost guarantee it will happen in the next 3 years (max). It did take a while to get that referendum but now you've forced us out of the EU, which we're quite frankly not happy with. I also disagree on your economic assessment, any loss of GDP would be minimal, we wouldn't lose much from leaving the UK.
Reply 21
Original post by FrenziedCoot
When you look at the voter demographics, the majority of 18-24 year olds voted to remain. It's mainly the older generation who have been more susceptible to the immigration scare tactics of the leave campaign that have voted to exit.
It's a shame for our generation.

Most of the older people who voted out did so mainly because they hated being dictated to by Brussells not because of immigration.

It's the younger working class who were/are badly affected by mass immigration.
Original post by FrenziedCoot
When you look at the voter demographics, the majority of 18-24 year olds voted to remain. It's mainly the older generation who have been more susceptible to the immigration scare tactics of the leave campaign that have voted to exit.
It's a shame for our generation.

And people say the old ones are the most wise....
Reply 23
Just don't give them one, simple. Or agree to do it but in 5 years time, by which time they will be used to non-EU life and see that everything is fine.

Lol at the hypocrisy. Democracy and sovereignty when it comes to the EU, but not democracy and sovereignty when it comes to Scotland. You've outdone yourself, really.

They had one 2 years ago that was billed as "once in a generation", so its a different situation.

That was BEFORE the UK voted out, while Scotland itself voted in. No the same at all to the previous referendum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by cbreef
I can almost guarantee it will happen in the next 3 years (max). It did take a while to get that referendum but now you've forced us out of the EU, which we're quite frankly not happy with. I also disagree on your economic assessment, any loss of GDP would be minimal, we wouldn't lose much from leaving the UK.

I'm not sure if you're right but I hope so. I think many English people have more than enough of the Scots and would rather like it if they went their own way.
Original post by Zadkiel
Woke up with Brexit...

Markets are falling, Pound is falling to the lowest value in more than 40 years!

Reports say Northern Ireland and Scotland will vote to leave the UK.
Markets will prefer to trade with EU rather than UK and EU already reported they won't negotiate with UK a trade deal because "out means out".

Well done everyone... Well done Brits, today will start the ENGLISH independence day. Good luck with jobs - good luck because we will start getting the jobs the emigrants took, such as construction workers, McDonalds, etc.

Good luck to us all... the future won't be bright and a recession will come.

"Good luck with jobs - good luck because we will start getting the jobs the emigrants took, such as construction workers, McDonalds, etc."

What a pretentious dick. Just because these jobs are too good for you, it doesn't mean they're too good for Britons.
Original post by moggis
I'm not sure if you're right but I hope so. I think many English people have more than enough of the Scots and would rather like it if they went their own way.

Likewise :biggrin: No, but seriously we need to at least hold another referendum. The no campaign literally claimed that staying in the UK was the only way to secure Scotland's future membership of the EU. F*** you Alistair Darling you deceitful b*****d
Reply 27
Original post by jake4198
"Good luck with jobs - good luck because we will start getting the jobs the emigrants took, such as construction workers, McDonalds, etc."

What a pretentious dick. Just because these jobs are too good for you, it doesn't mean they're too good for Britons.

Ok, I will refrain from answering this. In order not to provoke another assassination of an MP.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bella909
Can't believe we have decided to listen to the likes of Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and millions of uninformed voters who have no clue about the impact this will have on millions of others, who were voting under the premise we will gain back our 'British Sovereignty.' Truth is it has now been replaced with the uncertainty of political and financial instability.

Yeah, why listen to the Oxford educated former Mayor of London, he's certainly uninformed and doesn't know what he's talking about.
Original post by joecphillips
Project fear lost, we all know the short term affects now you have a choice ***** about it or work to ensure we become the greatest country we can possibly be.

Short term effects? I wish I could be so utterly ignorant of the world around me.
Original post by Zadkiel
Have you seen my dick to call it pretentious? If so, I hope your arse is still hurting then :smile:

That joke was embarrassing tbh
Original post by Fantastic Fan
Yeah, why listen to the Oxford educated former Mayor of London, he's certainly uninformed and doesn't know what he's talking about.

In 2014 Boris Johnson wrote an article about how leaving the EU would solve none of our problems. It's political posturing, he doesn't care about you or the EU.
Reply 32
Original post by JordanL_
Short term effects? I wish I could be so utterly ignorant of the world around me.

I looked at the experts reports and they said that in 2021 the economy would be growing like normal are you saying these are wrong?
In 2014 Boris Johnson wrote an article about how leaving the EU would solve none of our problems. It's political posturing, he doesn't care about you or the EU.

I didn't base my vote on what he thinks, I'm just saying that dismissing his comments because he doesn't agree with you is repugnant.
I looked at the experts reports and they said that in 2021 the economy would be growing like normal are you saying these are wrong?

Which expert reports? Every economic organisation of any significance predicted we'd be permanently worse off leaving the EU.
Reply 35
Original post by jake4198
That joke was embarrassing tbh

just changed it... Thought that wasn't such an offensive joke.
Reply 36
Which expert reports? Every economic organisation of any significance predicted we'd be permanently worse off leaving the EU.

HSBC for 1.
HSBC for 1.

LOL, You've said enough.
Reply 38
Bank of England, IMF, ....

Where nothing is, a lot can grow.

Latest

Trending

Trending