The Student Room Group

I'm angry at those who voted leave without a valid reason

to back them up. All they could say was "OUT OUT OUT!" whenever I'd ask or others would ask why they want Britain to leave the EU and they would also add in immigration is the reason why. Nothing else, purely that. And because of poorly based decisions, Britain is now worse off. And if France let the migrants cross the border then the last laugh is on you.

Scroll to see replies

While I'm appalled that Britain voted Leave, I don't think the claim about the Calais migration camp moving to Dover is true. As far as I'm aware the French government has said no such thing and it was a comment by a lone political loony or something.
Reply 2
What's wrong with immigration it seems like a valid reason to me.
Reply 3
Original post by GUMI
What's wrong with immigration it seems like a valid reason to me.

Because it was their only reason and a rather poorly based one. They would base on the fact that migrants are able to come here freely and they wanted Britain to be Britain again when it's far more complex than that and more other reasons to be taken account of.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
While I'm appalled that Britain voted Leave, I don't think the claim about the Calais migration camp moving to Dover is true. As far as I'm aware the French government has said no such thing and it was a comment by a lone political loony or something.

What will happen is that the French will feel no obligation to spend money on that border. French investment in border security will move to where they perceive the threat to France; the Med, the border with Italy and the border with Belgium.
Reply 5
Original post by Rhythmical
Because it was their only reason and a rather poorly based one. They would base on the fact that migrants are able to come here freely and they wanted Britain to be Britain again when it's far more complex than that and more other reasons to be taken account of.

Fair enough. Immigration is one of the reasons I voted leave but it goes beyond just wanting to remain British.
As if there wasn't people who voted Remain without a valid reason...
Once I finish qualifying I'm out of this country. Many of my graduate friends are looking to move abroad as well because the future looks bleak. The older generation has screwed us over.
Reply 8
to back them up. All they could say was "OUT OUT OUT!" whenever I'd ask or others would ask why they want Britain to leave the EU and they would also add in immigration is the reason why. Nothing else, purely that. And because of poorly based decisions, Britain is now worse off. And if France let the migrants cross the border then the last laugh is on you.

We will miss GB :/ I think that now... when all the terrorist attacks are happening Europe should be together and strong. Why the exact opposite is happening?
I was up till half four when I realised we'd lost. I cried this morning. I'm devastated.
Reply 10
Says it all really😑😐😔😓😭ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466753893.182282.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by nulli tertius
What will happen is that the French will feel no obligation to spend money on that border. French investment in border security will move to where they perceive the threat to France; the Med, the border with Italy and the border with Belgium.

The border will remain because the treaties governing it are separate from the EU and because neglecting or removing it would encourage more migrants to attempt a crossing at Calais, as senior French sources have said
Reply 12
The younger generation are going to be the ones having to live through the consequences that say 50 yr old dave down the pub bloody made and he wont even be there to live through these detrimental changes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WBZ144
Once I finish qualifying I'm out of this country. Many of my graduate friends are looking to move abroad as well because the future looks bleak. The older generation has screwed us over.

Us youngens are done screwed now! ;-;
The tears of the hardcore remain campaigners are delicious.
Reply 15
Original post by Mr Smurf
The tears of the hardcore remain campaigners are delicious.

Freak😐 who even says that. Eating tears like that.. what are u 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile
no way im living in England in the future im gonna move as far away as possible
i knew it that they are going to leave the EU :yep:
but how did i know that??? :u:

Spoiler

I voted leave for fun because I didn't think it would make a difference.
No, you're just pissed that you didn't get the result you want. People can vote they like on whatever basis they like. That's why we live in a democracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending