The Student Room Group

Cameron Has Officially Resigned

David Cameron has officially resigned as Prime Minister.

He has just mentioned his proposals in his statement, but would like the new PM in place by the Conservative Party Conference in October 2016

Cameron would also like the new PM to do the negotiations within the EU and enact Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, so it looks like we could be waiting a short while until we see change.

Scroll to see replies

I anmgkkjfff
Mediocre PM. He won't be missed.

Osborne will be next.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you for your great service to the nation but it's time for a new pro-Brexit leader. Cameron will resign in October.
Reply 4
Time for the UK to have an unelected PM.
Original post by offhegoes

Surely this new PM can't do worse than Gordon Brown?
Reply 6
Original post by offhegoes

I would like to nominate Basil Brush
I never liked Cameron but who will take his place, I wonder? I heard that Michael Gove and Boris Johnson among others were said to have wanted Cameron to stay as PM and told him so.
Bob the Builder for PM.
Reply 9
Original post by shawn_o1
Surely this new PM can't do worse than Gordon Brown?

Boris has already put the pound at its worst rate against the dollar since 1985 and he isn't even in power yet. There are no limits to what this man can do (wrong).
Reply 10
Original post by Fenice
I would like to nominate Basil Brush

I'll go with that, get a petition started!
Cameron gave up on humanity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
David Cameron has resigned as Prime Minister after Britain voted to leave the European Union.

With the Leave campaign securing 52 per cent of the vote, Mr Cameron addressed the nation in an emotional speech outside 10 Downing Street to announce that he would be stepping down.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-results-live-brexit-wins-as-britain-votes-to-leave/
Boris, your time has arrived.
Hopefully now we can have a real conservative in office.
I think it's appalling how Cameron has stepped down like this. He is a quiter. What sort of message does this give us? That he has lost all hope for Britain? He just wanted an easy way out of the job I think. Not happy with you Cameron. You quiter
A honest moral man. So sad he's resigning. If bastard BoJo wins. Arggggghh :unimpressed::angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies" - Boris Johnson :tea:
Cameron has a lot to be proud of.

Offering the referendum was the right thing for the country.

Shame we lose a good PM.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cookie123456789
I think it's appalling how Cameron has stepped down like this. He is a quiter. What sort of message does this give us? That he has lost all hope for Britain? He just wanted an easy way out of the job I think. Not happy with you Cameron. You quiter

He went against many people in his own party and the 'core' Tory electorate. He's doing the 'right' thing by resigning. I've not been his biggest fan in the last few months, but this is one of his better decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending