The Student Room Group

I've never felt less proud to be British

The majority of the country chose isolation over co operation, economic decline over economic prosperity, and sided with people such as Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Donald Trump, and the Leader of ISIS instead of scientists, global economists and the leaders of countries we had good relationships with. We sided with a campaign based off of lies, xenophobia, and targeting the people who will be most vulnerable to the recession once it hits. We've placed ourselves in a recession thanks to the older generations who won't even feel the full impact of this. And we'll be left picking up the pieces.
Reply 1
Calm down. No one cares. We have left. Deal with it.
Original post by Trapz99

Are you kidding me?? Of course people care thats why 48% voted for remain, you fool. I can't believe some people are foolish enough to vote to become "independent" believeing that somehow we'll become a better and stronger country, whilst most people don't even realise how much debt this country is in and how leaving will just lead to an economical reccession which has already been proven by the pound value dropping dramatically which hasn't occured in decades.. Now we're doomed.
Original post by Trapz99

I'm allowed to complain about this. My country, my future and my safety is uncertain, I'm not just going to 'deal with it'
Reply 4
Original post by Trapz99

Original post by george_c00per
I'm allowed to complain about this. My country, my future and my safety is uncertain, I'm not just going to 'deal with it'

If you have issues accepting reality you will always suffer because when you argue with reality you obviously, lose 100% of the time
I don't know who you're complaining to and what the point is if the result is the same either way, try being more productive and learn to take responsibility for your life circumstances, there's no need to be a victim

But you can be if you want, your choice
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
If you have issues accepting reality you will always suffer because when you argue with reality you obviously, lose 100% of the time
I don't know who you're complaining to and what the point is if the result is the same either way, try being more productive and learn to take responsibility for your life circumstances, there's no need to be a victim

But you can be if you want, your choice

Because no one has ever complained about a crappy situation that has happened to them mere hours after it happened before?

If this were a year later and it had become their life obsession I would agree. In reality, the body isn't even cold yet and we have every right to mourn.
It was a vote of the working class versus the upper class and clearly the working class has outnumbered us
Reply 8
I'm absolutely loving the Remainer tears on this forum

But seriously...do try to get over it soon :redface:
why what happened
Original post by george_c00per
The majority of the country chose isolation over co operation, economic decline over economic prosperity, and sided with people such as Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Donald Trump, and the Leader of ISIS instead of scientists, global economists and the leaders of countries we had good relationships with. We sided with a campaign based off of lies, xenophobia, and targeting the people who will be most vulnerable to the recession once it hits. We've placed ourselves in a recession thanks to the older generations who won't even feel the full impact of this. And we'll be left picking up the pieces.

Exactly. Most of those who voted to leave don't have any understanding of politics and are simply voting based on racist, xenophobic fears about immigration (which leaving the EU would not help at all). Now we're going to be subject to exactly the same restrictions and constraints that we were before, but not be able to do anything about it. Thanks a lot, leavers :angry:

At least I did my best to help the Remain campaign and my area (Bristol) strongly voted to Remain.... too bad the rest of England didn't :frown:
Original post by BChemGee
Are you kidding me?? Of course people care thats why 48% voted for remain, you fool. I can't believe some people are foolish enough to vote to become "independent" believeing that somehow we'll become a better and stronger country, whilst most people don't even realise how much debt this country is in and how leaving will just lead to an economical reccession which has already been proven by the pound value dropping dramatically which hasn't occured in decades.. Now we're doomed.

Exactly, within hours- just like that its value was lessened.
I guess the experts that were labelled to be "brainwashed, propagandised fools" did have sense, knowing exactly what they were talking about. I hope those who voted to leave are happy. Already their decision is backfiring and its only been a few hours after the final results- not only have we lost our prime minister and other ministers but also our pound value too. Congrats. Cheers. This is only the beginning.
Reply 12
Get some friends you ****ing nonce

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Exactly. Most of those who voted to leave don't have any understanding of politics and are simply voting based on racist, xenophobic fears about immigration (which leaving the EU would not help at all). Now we're going to be subject to exactly the same restrictions and constraints that we were before, but not be able to do anything about it. Thanks a lot, leavers :angry:

At least I did my best to help the Remain campaign and my area (Bristol) strongly voted to Remain.... too bad the rest of England didn't :frown:

Thank you for trying x With London, if it wasn't for the terrible rain that happened the night before more people would have showed up.
Original post by Sai4
I'm absolutely loving the Remainer tears on this forum

But seriously...do try to get over it soon :redface:

You can enjoy them now but sooner or later, our "tears" will become your tears if this doesn't work out. You're not understanding something- this is not a game but a reality, a decision that will affect all of us. It's not a subject to be playing "hanky pancky haha we win" with but rather asking what is best as this decision will depict Britain and could go both ways. Other countries in Europe already believe we made a stupid decision and our pound has already dropped in value within hours, that alone says a lot. So it's not about "getting over it soon" but if we're screwed, you'll be screwed too. We wanted to remain for a reason. Did you think people just voted to remain because they wanted a dispute? F that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Marshall Taylor
It was a vote of the working class versus the upper class and clearly the working class has outnumbered us
yes, traditional elites are weakened, and the masses are disoriented

this, unfortunately, is happening in many countries : we have to rebuild social cohesion as a priority
Original post by BChemGee
I can't believe some people are foolish enough to vote to become "independent" believeing that somehow we'll become a better and stronger country, whilst most people don't even realise how much debt this country is in and how leaving will just lead to an economical reccession which has already been proven by the pound value dropping dramatically which hasn't occured in decades.. Now we're doomed.

I do hope you repeat that verbatim to the Scottish nationalists when they ask for their next referendum...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending