The Student Room Group

Cameron Has Officially Resigned

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookie123456789
I think it's appalling how Cameron has stepped down like this. He is a quiter. What sort of message does this give us? That he has lost all hope for Britain? He just wanted an easy way out of the job I think. Not happy with you Cameron. You quiter

Well, I too thought this as well in the beginning but I don't blame the guy any more. Cameron actually tried doing his best to ensure we stayed because he thought it was more profitable/beneficial for all of us in general. Now things haven't gone the way he expected, because he believed so strongly in staying he decided to resign. I would too if I believed my nation was making a mistake, I wouldn't want to be held responsible for anything that may go wrong subsequent to us leaving. I'm not disappointed in him any more but I understand him much more better now. The man tried, he really did. Those who wanted us to leave, already many ministers, not just our prime minister or should I say ex may most likely resign by the end of this upcoming fortnight according to different articles.
(edited 7 years ago)
So its all done? Disaster
Original post by Cherry82
Well, I too thought this as well in the beginning but I don't blame the guy any more. Cameron actually tried doing his best to ensure we stayed because he thought it was more profitable/beneficial for all of us in general. Now things haven't gone the way he expected, because he believed so strongly in staying he decided to resign. I would too if I believed my nation was making a mistake, I wouldn't want to be held responsible for anything that may go wrong subsequent to us leaving. I'm not disappointed in him any more but I understand him much more better now. The man tried, he really did. Those who wanted us to leave, already many ministers, not just our prime minister or should I say ex may most likely resign but the end of this upcoming fortnight according to different articles.

I just see it as if he wanted an easy way out the job, he didn't want to run a Britian where most people are against him. He probably feels sorry for himself. He should have stuck with Britian and carried on being strong for the people.
Any now we are also going to have to elect a new PM. Which is bloody great (not). Who the hell are we going to pick? Not Ukip's Firage, not Labour's Corbin. Cameron was the best out of the bad bunch. I think we need a strong female leader to take the reigns. If only Nicola Sturgeon was English.
Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris!Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris! Boris!
He was an amazing mayor. He's not a joke. He's a serious, quality politician.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually liked Cameron.
Please don't vote Farage in........
Original post by cookie123456789
I just see it as if he wanted an easy way out the job, he didn't want to run a Britian where most people are against him. He probably feels sorry for himself. He should have stuck with Britian and carried on being strong for the people.
Any now we are also going to have to elect a new PM. Which is bloody great (not). Who the hell are we going to pick? Not Ukip's Firage, not Labour's Corbin. Cameron was the best out of the bad bunch. I think we need a strong female leader to take the reigns. If only Nicola Sturgeon was English.

But that's not entirely true. If you look at the results, within Britain the majority in Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to remain. It was England who majorly voted to leave which sealed the result of us leaving. Meaning the majority of Britain overall is not against Cameron but you could say maybe the majority in England alone are. I understand why Scotland wanted to leave in 2014. I've said it before, but I'll say it again- I would not be surprised if after us leaving, Scotland decides to leave Britain having its own referendum because they want more control on what happens to their country. They are already not happy that we've left. What's stopping them from leaving us and independently, later joining the EU again? Then if after we've left, Scotland eventually leaves us, what's stopping Ireland from going too? This wasn't thought out properly...instead of being united we are creating sub divisions and now we need to find a new prime minster after making such a pivotal step. Already it all seems like an utter mess. We need luck.
Any whoo, I wonder if this new prime minster could later reverse the A level reforms....
Thanks to the previous work of Michael Gove, everything is becoming a stressful nightmare. Stress levels are only increasing.
Okay, so Boris Johnson has already destroyed our pound coin and thrown us into recession... I don't think he should be PM, especially after we are screwed. Cameron has given up faith on the UK (as have I and many), why don't we all just vote Andy Pandy? He obviously can't do any worse than Boris or the leave campaign...
TRUMP for Prime Minister!
Original post by TelAviv
TRUMP for Prime Minister!

Your mum for trump
Original post by Little Popcorns
Your mum for trump

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol wut?
Your mum for trump

I thought you were the nice one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
:beard:
Your mum for trump

Looooooool
Gonna miss cameron he was a good one
I hope Cameron does a Farage and changes his mind.
Well, I guess it's time to sit back and enjoy the political fallout...
I voted Leave and am glad we are exiting the EU however although i understand why Cameron is resigning (who really wants to be submissive to a cabal of skeptics) i think that the Tory Party have lost a great asset. Many conservatives may view him as too wet but he has on many occasions had his finger correctly on the national mood and even as recently as 11pm last night, it looked like he probably had again (one risk too many though). I salute you Cameron.

Now, we do get the excitement of a new Tory leadership contest and priority 1 must be to keep that disloyal opportunist out of office.

Original post by Aceadria
Hopefully now we can have a real conservative in office.

If you expect a true blue leader to emerge out of this you'll probably be disappointing. May is as traditionally conservative as your going to get.
Original post by Rakas21
If you expect a true blue leader to emerge out of this you'll probably be disappointing. May is as traditionally conservative as your going to get.

I'm still rooting for Rees-Mogg. He's also held a 'real' job before.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest