The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherry82
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

LOOOL

"Nigel Farage has disowned a pledge to spend £350 million of European Union cash on the NHS after Brexit. The Ukip leader was asked on ITV’s Good Morning Britain programme whether he would guarantee that the money pledged for the health service during the campaign would now be spent on it. Speaking on the morning of the referendum result he however said he had never made any such pledge."

Wonder how long it will be before Gove and the rest deny they ever offered it.
Leavers should have taken their rose tinted glasses off before deciding to leave to get something that has gone, at any & all costs

A disaster

But the remain campaign was ****
Just woke up, so happy. Much of Britain has been unhappy about the current arrangements for a while.
Just watch how more rich foreigners gobble up our land and property because of the cheap Pound Lol
Oh well! Generation rent, here we come!

Law of unintended consequences :facepalm:
image.jpeg
Original post by jneill
Yes. That was always going to happen (sorry @Fullofsurprises but it was...).

I also don't see BoJo as PM - the party won't stand for it.

BUT I do think an early GE is likely.

The scale of the defeat has doubtless been a factor.

I can't help wondering how all the leave voters will feel in a few years time, with a much more right wing austerity loving government, a desperate economy and a plunged NHS.
The Welsh decision to leave was nonsensical.
Seems like no one has any idea about how stock markets work here ...
And to those who didn't even vote but could have, what were you thinking??? Ladies and gents, always attempt to get involve in any affairs/ decisions that depicts/affects your future and well being as a citizen. Even if the remain party won, I'd still ask the same question to why millions of people eligible to vote did not. And people are complaining when others want to lower the voting age. It's because there are youths out there more interested than other adult, interested enough to get involved and actually vote. Maybe it's ignorance on the situation however please in the future, anything concerning you and your family- get involved.
(edited 7 years ago)
Leaver being interviewed on the BBC says he's shocked and didn't expect to win. Didn't think his vote would matter.
"Now I'm worried".
Original post by Cherry82
And to those who didn't even vote but could have, what were you thinking??? Ladies and gents, always attempt to get involve in any affairs/ decisions that depicts/affects your future and well being as a citizen. Even if the remain party won, I'd still ask the same question to why millions of people eligible to vote did not. And people are complaining when others want to lower the voting age. It's because there are youths out there more interested that other adults, interested enough to get involved and actually vote. Maybe it's ignorance on the situation however please in the future, anything concerning you and your family- get involved.

I know so many people who were remain who decided not to vote. Disgraceful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The scale of the defeat has doubtless been a factor.

I can't help wondering how all the leave voters will feel in a few years time, with a much more right wing austerity loving government, a desperate economy and a plunged NHS.

I think that it is for the best as our reset is going to happen sooner, but I don't think people quite comprehend that it takes both years of pain and a competent of government to get a decent economy kickstarted again, otherwise we will be in perpetual limbo like a Japan.
And I feel quite sad about Cameron resigning, I liked him as our PM.
Original post by jneill
Leaver being interviewed on the BBC says he's shocked and didn't expect to win. Didn't think his vote would matter.
"Now I'm worried".

You couldn't make it up.
So far this morning:

1. Nigel Farage starts the morning by retracting the £350 million claim
2. Daniel Hannan retracts the claim that leaving EU will reduce immigration
3. £100 billion wiped off the pensions, ISAs etc. invested in the FTSE
4. The pound suffers the largest currency depreciation of any currency ever
5. The Prime Minister resigns without mapping out a plan for implementing the results of the referendum

Well at least we got our sovereignty back...
Original post by Fullofsurprises
You couldn't make it up.

Here ladies and gentlemen is the reality of a protest vote.

I honestly cant believe how irresponsible Cameron was to offer this referendum to the public. Something with such immense downsides for the country should not be entrusted to Dave down the pub who wanted to "stick it" to those Brussels bureaucrats.
This is actually disgusting. I'm not sure what the future is, if it takes around 3/4 years for us to fully become independent, I'll be able to move to germany :frown:
I can't decide if its a bad or good thing it was by 4%. I guess its good that not more of the country is completely moronic but annoying that its so close, because it so easily could have been 4 % the other way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2018
So what happened now?

Original post by James.Carnell
And I feel quite sad about Cameron resigning, I liked him as our PM.

Is Cameron resigning?
Original post by Ordo
So what happened now?

Is Cameron resigning?

he wants us to have a new pm by october.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending