The Student Room Group

I'm angry at those who voted leave without a valid reason

Scroll to see replies

The fact that Trump is happy about this makes it even worse.
Original post by NewcastleFresher
lefties on Twitter insulting Leave voters ****ing lmao :rofl:

And look ITT.. Remain supporters insisting Leave voters are "uneducated" :facepalm:

I voted leave, according to remainers the leavers are all racist :erm:
Reply 42
direct your anger at me!
I made my decision to leave while in the polling station. I had barely even thought about the referendum before it came to putting a cross on the ballot paper.
God save us all.
Original post by Tom_BCFC
I voted leave, according to remainers the leavers are all racist :erm:

I grew up in Bradford most of my friends are asian Muslims, most of them voted Leave..

Remain voters are smearing the Leave campaign on twitter atm

People also calling for a 2nd referendum on change.org
Reply 46
Original post by 9hk9
The younger generation are going to be the ones having to live through the consequences that say 50 yr old dave down the pub bloody made and he wont even be there to live through these detrimental changes

Posted from TSR Mobile

The bloody cheek they just messed up the economy for what immigration!!! arghhhhhhhh
Original post by GUMI
What's wrong with immigration it seems like a valid reason to me.

As you are about to find out, this country needs immigration, which is why even the Tories accepted several hundred thousand non-EU migrants per year in addition to the EU migrants whose numbers we can't control. The only reason this vote may end up reducing immigration is if the economy is hit so hard there are just not enough jobs to entice migrants to come here. In which case, I hope it's worth it for Leave voters: making our country a worse place to live so that nobody wants to come here. Of course hopefully I'm wrong, and the economy is salvageable, in which case anti-immigrant sentiment will just be ignored.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Democracies suck when you don't get the result you wanted

Just imagine how stupid the average person is. Half of people are even dumber than that

Yeah so lets go back to absolutism, that sounds like a great idea.
Reply 49
Original post by Rhythmical
Because it was their only reason and a rather poorly based one. They would base on the fact that migrants are able to come here freely and they wanted Britain to be Britain again when it's far more complex than that and more other reasons to be taken account of.

Completely agree. Migrants actually help Britain's economy, they do the jobs that we don't want to do and a majority of them work hard. I know it annoys people that they migrate to Britain but, honestly, without them the economy will plummet and a lot of jobs won't get done. We kinda need migration. It also means that our beloved football players and other sportsmen from other countries will have to get a work visa, which takes a lot of time and can be rejected so bye bye good football matches!
A lot of british people aren't trained to work in jobs such as masonry, plumbing, etc. so we're going to struggle on that front as well.
Also share prices have literally plummeted over night- for example, NEXT shares have 1/4!!!
Wrong choice in my opinion but we can't do anything about it now.
Original post by Fenice
I think it's exactly this sort of superior attitude which has characterised the Remain campaign and been Leave's greatest asset. It really is insurmountably arrogant to say that because someone voted differently to you they were simply not 'informed' enough or 'ready to vote in a referendum of this magnitude'. It's as if millions of urban liberals have adopted the personas of a small number of long dead aristocrats who know better than the plebs down the pub.

This derives from the distorted facts and outright lies fed to the electorate by mainstream media outlets in favour of leaving (e.g 60% of UK laws being EU laws
follows a flawed methodology, "we're from Europe- let us in" headline from the Daily Mail). Such, in some cases, outrageous examples of deception are going to create a negative attitude to those in favour of it.

lefties on Twitter insulting Leave voters ****ing lmao :rofl:And look ITT.. Remain supporters insisting Leave voters are "uneducated" :facepalm:

Leave voters would have been insulting remain voters in equally copious quantities had the vote been the other way, and the core demographic of twitter is the also the demographic most likely to vote remain.

It is heinous insults, such as the one below, coming from people arguing for both sides that has ultimately generated this 'superior attitude' and desire to insult leave campaigners. Racially charged propaganda from the leave campaign was published throughout the media spectrum, ergo you saw it wherever you looked.
The more sound reasons to vote leave were lost, simply because the headlines and bulletins were dominated by xenophobic arguments (the Farage poster, the labelling of Iraq and Syria in the leaflet), thus it is creating the perception that this was, for the majority of leave voters, their main reason to vote. Whilst I don't agree it was the main reason for most voters, it certainly was a major factor for some.

So, in conclusion, I suppose people believe leave voters were misinformed because the arguments in favour of Brexit published in the media were misinformed or untrue in their own right.
Original post by Esoteric-
You cried?Lol my god. All the more reason why we needed brexit.Typical lefty. Goes running and crying to their safe space when they dont win.Posted from TSR Mobile

Please grow up, Esoteric, that attitude is totally insufferable.
Original post by teenhorrorstory

Pretty sums up Brexit people.Farage has already gone back on his 350million a week for the NHS.So all the Brexit people talking about more money for the NHS were simply parrots with Boris and Farage hands up their puppet a****.
Reply 52
Thank you
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I was up till half four when I realised we'd lost. I cried this morning. I'm devastated.

:frown: :hugs:
Original post by Mr Smurf
The tears of the hardcore remain campaigners are delicious.

This sums up the leave and far right views - win so you can be smug - win so you can watch other people suffer - win so you can treat it like a 5 aside 10/11 year olds football league victory rather than acknowledge it will actually affect people's livelihoods - win so you won't have to bother worrying about other people's welfare and you can just get your own back scratched - win so you can prove just how selfish you are - selfish - sadist - lack of social conscience - childish comments like yours to prove the point - hope you drown in our 'tears'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Little Popcorns
This sums up the leave and far right views - win so you can be smug - win so you can watch other people suffer - win so you can treat it like a 5 aside 10/11 year olds football league victory rather than acknowledge it will actually affect people's livelihoods - win so you won't have to bother worrying about other people's welfare and you can just get your own back scratched - win so you can prove just how selfish you are - selfish - sadist - lack of social conscience - childish comments like yours to prove the point - hope you drown in our 'tears'

:rofl:

Go on Twitter right now.. Remain voters are smearing Leavers and calling them uneducated, poor, racist, plebs and chavs. In b4 you do the same

"this sums up the Remain and far left views"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Eigo-Jin
No, you're just pissed that you didn't get the result you want. People can vote they like on whatever basis they like. That's why we live in a democracy.
Like I said it's not a 5 aside 10/11 year olds football league win it's about people's livelihoods and it's not just ahh gutted we lost get on with life... There are implications beyond you childishly gloating and making us feel worse that there are nasty pieces of work like you that exist :h:
Reply 57
I know one woman who only voted out because she doesn't like the Tories and is happy that David Cameron has resigned. I'm not sure if she has realised that his replacement is going to be Tory too...
I grew up in Bradford most of my friends are asian Muslims, most of them voted Leave..

Remain voters are smearing the Leave campaign on twitter atm

People also calling for a 2nd referendum on change.org

Love Bradford people. There really friendly to chat too. Went to a couple church events there before the Bradford riots.
:rofl:

Go on Twitter right now.. Remain voters are smearing Leavers and calling them uneducated, poor, racist, plebs and chavs. In b4 you do the same

"this sums up the Remain and far left views"

Yeah everyone's angry. Thing is though... Tories (the right) won the general election last year and it was the same tune smug smug smug smug. Not 'now we can deal with the important issues of making sure our vulnerable are looked after, making sure our NHS gets it's rightful state investment not ever increasing privatisation at the cost of patient safety/welfare' because you have to face the facts you're not nice people... The left are getting to the point where there's no return they're frustrated the people they want to help are turning against them. We're angry at them naturally but we're not angry because we're horrible bastard bankers or anything like that. But because we care and **** is flying back in our face because you right wingers are making decisions which confuse the poor and uneducated into thinking politicians are all the same then these poor and uneducated are effectively exploited as they end up voting with fear and anger. Naturally dumb ass results follow like this one.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending