The Student Room Group

AQA Mathematics MD01 Decision 1 – Friday 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucyjane_x
also when you have an objective line such as -x + 2y for example, how do you draw this on the graph because you can't draw it on the negative axis as they never include it, so how do you make it positive?

You can just imagine the y axis extends down, it's the gradient that's important anyway so if it's P=-X +2y you'd plot (0,-1) (2,0) so the gradient of that line would be 1/2 wouldn't it, so you could plot a positive X and Y value that has the gradient of a half, easiest way is to either extend the y axis down or just imagine it's there because you'll more than likely be able to guess which point your objective line will hit first/last
Original post by Eisobdxhsonw
You can just imagine the y axis extends down, it's the gradient that's important anyway so if it's P=-X +2y you'd plot (0,-1) (2,0) so the gradient of that line would be 1/2 wouldn't it, so you could plot a positive X and Y value that has the gradient of a half, easiest way is to either extend the y axis down or just imagine it's there because you'll more than likely be able to guess which point your objective line will hit first/last

ok thanks, the only revision I've done is 4 past papers lol I hope it's enough
Reply 42
Hay anyone one got any ideas or predictions of the topics that are going to come up?
Original post by SR9
Hay anyone one got any ideas or predictions of the topics that are going to come up?

Bit late now lol but kruskals or prims, dijkstras, Chinese postman, travelling salesman with your upper and lower bound, linear programming with your inequalities, bit of graph theory, maybe a little one on sorts and an algorithm one, legit the whole of the spec comes up
ok thanks, the only revision I've done is 4 past papers lol I hope it's enough

They don't differ much so you'll be fine, I've done probably about 16 and they just get really repetitive, just have to know the little things that pick you up marks like "why is this an upper bound" being because it's a tour that can be improved upon, stuff like that but timings fine, just make sure there's no silly mistakes from adding up wrong and it should be an easy A, should but knowing AQA this year it won't be
Reply 45
I just did 2014 paper and nothing on algorithm or sorts, seems kind of odd. Algorithm, sorts and matchings are probably the least likely to come up, I'd guess? (Shame 'cause they're easy :P )
I'm still guessing algebra in a Dijkstras or Nearest neighbour, and probably a heavy near the end question on graph theory.

Has complete bipartite and/or planar graphs come up at all? I don't remember seeing it at all in past papers... so it'll probably come up now.
They don't differ much so you'll be fine, I've done probably about 16 and they just get really repetitive, just have to know the little things that pick you up marks like "why is this an upper bound" being because it's a tour that can be improved upon, stuff like that but timings fine, just make sure there's no silly mistakes from adding up wrong and it should be an easy A, should but knowing AQA this year it won't be

yeah it's just those little things I'm not sure on, hoping this exam will take the fall for the core 3 and 4 disaster
yeah it's just those little things I'm not sure on, hoping this exam will take the fall for the core 3 and 4 disaster

Fortunately the grade boundaries are going to drop a lot so it'll be fine you won't have done as bad as you think, anyway good luck for tomorrow
Fortunately the grade boundaries are going to drop a lot so it'll be fine you won't have done as bad as you think, anyway good luck for tomorrow

thanks! you too!
Reply 49
That was ****ing EASY!! If you didnt get 100UMS your a ****ing RETARD m8 get reked

only joking it was alright
It was alright. What was the answer for last Q? Got 27 and 5 idk if it's right :s-smilie:
Did anyone else get P=£515 for the last question? I think I got X=21 and y=10, which gave £515
Reply 52
Got £520 for profit
Reply 53
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Did anyone else get P=£515 for the last question? I think I got X=21 and y=10, which gave £515

Yes!! I got that exactly :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by tsr1807
Yes!! I got that exactly :smile:

I got 520 m9 how do you feel get rekt
well im ****ed, i got £615 :angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
i got something like this. i think ive labled the questions wrong but do peoples answers look something like this?
2a. 92
b. 62
c. 45

3a. 26
b. 10<x<14

4a. 189
b. 177
c. 179
d. B

5a. x<4 x>>3
b. x=3

6. 14 edges

7a. 36
b. 62
c.62 and 74
d. optimal is 62 as upper = lower

8a. x=21 y=10
b. profit =520
(edited 7 years ago)
i got something like this. i think ive labled the questions wrong but do peoples answers look something like this?
2a. 9
b. 6
c. 45

3a. 26
b. 10<x<14

4a. 189
b. 177
c. 179
d. B

5a. x<4 x>>3
b. x=3

6. 14 edges

7a. 36
b. 62
c.62 and 74
d. optimal is 62 as upper = lower

8a. x=21 y=10
b. profit =520
(edited 7 years ago)
I got profit 520? I used x=24 and y=8.

My lower = upper bound, 62 (the other upper bound I had was 67).

Prim's matrix was 36.

For Chinese postman I had 22, 32 and 42.
The answers I got that I remember were
2) 9, 6 and 45
3) 26
4) 189, 3, 177, 179
7) 36, 62, 62&67
8) £520

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending