The Student Room Group

Congratulations you morons

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
We're currently 4% down on FTSE only (and it's climbing)

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/indices/summary/summary-indices.html?index=UKX

Please stop with your great recession nonsense. There is a blip during uncertainty, nothing more. Surely you understand markets go up and down? Last night the GBP hit a high against the USD, when there was no evidence of a remain victory.
Tbh the EU might fall apart now that we're leaving. I think other EU countries will start their own referendums.
Reply 42
Original post by Zadkiel
Well said...

I imagined that with the voice of Jeremy Clarkson and was brilliant.

I SUPPORT SCEXIT! Go Scotland! Let's be independent once again and choose to be in the EU! :smile:

At this point I don't blame you guys. You shouldn't get dragged down into the mud with us.
Original post by Fenice
What he thinks he looks like:

What he actually looks like:

It's more like this actually but you would never understand my level of sophistication.

Reply 44
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes, these sore losers cannot ruin our triumphant victory.
Britain has spoken, and it has been decided

Sore losers when, when the Remain vote was looking increasingly likely, I was seeing a considerable number of Brexiters claiming the vote would be rigged.

No, we're not sore losers. We've stated the truth and the fallout could be enormous. We're justifiably furious.

Go on, prove us wrong.
Original post by elen90
Sore losers when, when the Remain vote was looking increasingly likely, I was seeing a considerable number of Brexiters claiming the vote would be rigged.

No, we're not sore losers. We've stated the truth and the fallout could be enormous. We're justifiably furious.

Go on, prove us wrong.

Increasingly likely you say, I mean how did you come to that conclusion?
We have a first world democracy and the thought of rigging just sounds absurd, when we had influential people backing on each side, in fact I was even confident that we would leave as it makes sense if you think about it.
It had angered me that people who have no right to speak were trying to influence voting decisions and that is not how politics should work.
Those who voted remain are just out of touch and are scared of the change that Britain has to go through in order to improve our country, socially and economically.
Reply 46
Increasingly likely you say, I mean how did you come to that conclusion?
We have a first world democracy and the thought of rigging just sounds absurd, when we had influential people backing on each side, in fact I was even confident that we would leave as it makes sense if you think about it.
It had angered me that people who have no right to speak were trying to influence voting decisions and that is not how politics should work.
Those who voted remain are just out of touch and are scared of the change that Britain has to go through in order to improve our country, socially and economically.

Did you see what all the pollsters were saying? Did you keep up?

Of course it's absurd, but it's a notion that many Brexiters started to support.

Who are you referring to? Obama for warning us of where the US's priorities would be in the case of a Brexit? He was telling us the facts to allow voters to make informed decisions. Of course he would have the right to have a say given that Brexit has a profound effect on countries worldwide.

Out of touch, when the majority of Brexiters were old and/or could provide no reasoning for their vote other than 'we want sovereignty!' 'this country has gone to the dogs!' 'we want control of our borders!'. When experts almost unanimously condemn the decision to leave the EU, you know where the smart one lies.

As I said, prove us wrong. Improve this country to a point where it surpasses the conditions we were living in under the EU. You must have utmost faith in Boris and Farage - who is now backtracking on his claims that the NHS would receive £350 million a week after we left the EU. We're clearly in safe hands.
How exactly has this made ISIS happy? The EU has had very little to do with ISIS, it's mostly the US and their coalition partners which includes the UK that is bombing them in Syria and Iraq. Us leaving the EU will not make any difference to that.

I thought the stupid and sensationalistic doom mongering would end after the referendum. Clearly I was wrong.
Original post by cookie123456789
Hahahahaha!!! I cant believe it!! We have actually left the stupid eu!!!! Brilliant! Celebrating right now!!

Lol celebrating? Hun you're in the same position as we are...there's no celebrating here as we're all screwed, Britain includes you, your family, friends, etc. It hasn't even been a day yet and everything is all crashing down. Red flags are everywhere. Admit it guys, this wasn't a wise decision though you may have had good intentions by voting for us to leave. 350 million pounds is also not going to the NHS, as this was a false claim to win votes or as Nigel Farage says "a mistake".
Original post by Cherry82
Lol celebrating? Hun you're in the same position as we are...there's no celebrating here as we're all screwed, Britain includes you, your family, friends, etc. It hasn't even been a day yet and everything is all crashing down. Red flags are everywhere. Admit it guys, this wasn't a wise decision though you may have had good intentions by voting for us to leave. 350 million pounds is also not going to the NHS, as this was a false claim to win votes or as Nigel Farage says "a mistake".

Calm down 'hun' it's not that bad. I don't see any red flags. Leaving is good for the long term
Original post by cookie123456789
Calm down 'hun' it's not that bad. I don't see any red flags. Leaving is good for the long term

Calm down?! Woooooowww. I'm so done.
If other countries drop out the eu those countries might choose to be united under a whole new system in later years

That is real people with real lives and real jobs (many of whom voted for Leave) who will be out of work as a result of this. Builders are already pulling the plug on new projects today.
Original post by nulli tertius
That is real people with real lives and real jobs (many of whom voted for Leave) who will be out of work as a result of this. Builders are already pulling the plug on new projects today.

And? We have yet to build more new homes, more retail units and more refurbishments and regeneration.
Those builders will have more work available to them
And? We have yet to build more new homes, more retail units and more refurbishments and regeneration.
Those builders will have more work available to them

Don't you understand? Those are the projects developers have been pulling out of since Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by nulli tertius
Don't you understand? Those are the projects developers have been pulling out of since Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to mention the dozens of other companies that are putting in place hiring freezes. This is within days of a vote, who knows what the picture will be in two years time when we do actually leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending