The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookie123456789
Yes! All hail Boris!
article-0-0D64005F00000578-109_634x439.jpg

Lol, when the London riots first kicked off, Boris refused to terminate his Caribbean holiday. He eventually came back after they were over and went round pretending he'd sorted them out.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Lol, when the London riots first kicked off, Boris refused to terminate his Caribbean holiday. He eventually came back after they were over and went round pretending he'd sorted them out.

Keep crying. I enjoy your tears.

Umadbro?
Reply 22
Boris is the Trump of UK politics
Reply 23
Original post by Elivercury
What big things has he done? The majority of his ideas were already in place from Ken Livingstone's tenure, he's generally done very little from what I can gather and he all but abandoned the post following the general election. He's a total goon.

If you want to elect anyone from the leave campaign it should probably be Andrea Leadsom, she was fantastic throughout the debates (and presumably elsewhere).

Who's Andrea Leadsom? No one knows her. People know who Boris is. We can't have a PM who no one knows.
I'm for leave, and I don't dislike Boris, but in reality he is not the person to be PM. He does not appear strong enough or decisive enough to be able to negotiate deals with Brussels when leaving the EU and declaring Article 50. We need someone who isn't as - quite frankly - 'bumbly' as Boris is.
Original post by Trapz99
Who's Andrea Leadsom? No one knows her. People know who Boris is. We can't have a PM who no one knows.

She was present in both the debates, stood next to Boris. I'm assuming you didn't watch them.

How exactly is your logic that we need someone who "people know" over someone who actually has some common sense and might do a good job?

Incidentally, what the public think is moot, it's a party leadership election, not a general election.

I'd note that while hardly the best example, Corbyn was unknown until he was elected party leader.
Reply 26
Original post by Elivercury
She was present in both the debates, stood next to Boris. I'm assuming you didn't watch them.

How exactly is your logic that we need someone who "people know" over someone who actually has some common sense and might do a good job?

Incidentally, what the public think is moot, it's a party leadership election, not a general election.

I'd note that while hardly the best example, Corbyn was unknown until he was elected party leader.

Yeah I'd do watch them but I just forgot her name. Boris is a popular guy, he's got plenty of common sense, he is outspoken and will be strong leader. At least that's what I think.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah I'd do watch them but I just forgot her name. Boris is a popular guy, he's got plenty of common sense, he is outspoken and will be strong leader. At least that's what I think.

What you think isn't what his party thinks. As I understand it he did nothing while Mayor and his underlings have been quite vocal about it. Likewise his performance over the past year since becoming an MP has been rather lackluster from what I gather.

The only thing Boris is good at is grandstanding and picking the right side to gamble on.
Reply 28
Original post by rockrunride
He's an opportunist and doesn't actually believe we should leave the EU.

if he is an opportunist then why did he give up many nights debating and spending all his time campaigning for what he believes in #voteleave #bojoforprimeminister
Original post by jsrl14
if he is an opportunist then why did he give up many nights debating and spending all his time campaigning for what he believes in #voteleave #bojoforprimeminister

Because he really, really ****ing wants to be PM and is a public relations genius.
Reply 30
Original post by rockrunride
Because he really, really ****ing wants to be PM and is a public relations genius.

bet
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Who do you want to run your country? A floppy haired bumbling lazy serial liar, or a vain, egotistical, monomaniac with crazed ideologies? :holmes:

hey that is no way to talk about Jez
Original post by celloel
I'm for leave, and I don't dislike Boris, but in reality he is not the person to be PM. He does not appear strong enough or decisive enough to be able to negotiate deals with Brussels when leaving the EU and declaring Article 50. We need someone who isn't as - quite frankly - 'bumbly' as Boris is.

all that Bumbly Fumbly stuff is just for the cameras. Boris has a first class mind and knows the political ropes like the back of his hand.
Original post by the bear
all that Bumbly Fumbly stuff is just for the cameras. Boris has a first class mind and knows the political ropes like the back of his hand.

If only you were right Bear. But anyone who has followed Boris regularly, as I have and watched his London Mayor Assemblies, knows that the bumbling is more than skin deep and that it is matched by large doses of deviousness, hypocrisy and lazy, whimsical behaviour.
Original post by Trapz99
If Cameron resigns, we must let Boris become PM. Honestly, since he's my favourite politician, I'd love to see him as Prime Minster of our country. But what do you guys think?

Boris seems really nice and probably would make a good prime minister (better than David Cameron by a long shot), but I just can't seem take him seriously!!!
bear in mind that Boris was sacked as a journalist for making up stories and quotes, is a serial womaniser, and was involved in a plot to beat up a journalist.

He is a very good "character" when on TV but has few policies that he ever sticks to.

Whoever becomes the new PM will be elected by the tory MPs.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Since when has Farage been a Tory?

Did I say that? Believe all I said is Farage for pm.
Reply 37
Original post by Trapz99
If Cameron resigns, we must let Boris become PM. Honestly, since he's my favourite politician, I'd love to see him as Prime Minster of our country. But what do you guys think?

The whole "lovable bufoon" thing is just a show - he's actually a very intelligent manipulator and he's been campaigning so hard for Brexit because he knows that it gives him a chance to get into number 10
Original post by Jebedee
Did I say that? Believe all I said is Farage for pm.

Yeah but unless UKIP win the General Election, Farage has no chance of being PM.

The Tories are here to stay, at least for another 15-20 years.
When it's all said and done it doesn't matter.

They all tell the same lies, irrespective of policies or parties.

They're just slightly different personalities, eg. BoJo comes across as jovial and friendly, but wait til he's in power.

Latest

Trending

Trending