The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Lol why don't you guys be more optimistic? We can export more with the weaker pound. Also, we can be independent again and not be restricted by one random people from the EU government. Leaving won't be bad for the economy.

Obviously. No international companies are going to decide to leave the UK or not choose us in the future because we no longer offer them access to the single market.

Everyone loves the UK, they'll just throw money at us if we ask nicely.
Original post by Zadkiel
Just don't give one? That sense of democracy.

They already had one two years ago. Why should Sturgeon get to have another go, because she didn't get the result she wanted?
Original post by Zadkiel
Woke up with Brexit...

Markets are falling, Pound is falling to the lowest value in more than 40 years!

Reports say Northern Ireland and Scotland will vote to leave the UK.
Markets will prefer to trade with EU rather than UK and EU already reported they won't negotiate with UK a trade deal because "out means out".

Well done everyone... Well done Brits, today will start the ENGLISH independence day. Good luck with jobs - good luck because we will start getting the jobs the emigrants took, such as construction workers, McDonalds, etc.

Good luck to us all... the future won't be bright and a recession will come.

It hasn't even been a day yet and this is already a complete fail. Not only that, we need to find a new prime minister by October. Daniel Hannan is even now taking back the claim that he stated leaving the EU will reduce immigration? So all of this for nothing! We've been played.
After Scotland and Ireland leave Britain, we'll realise sovereignty means nothing without our neighbouring countries. People were warned. Now those who wanted to leave are quiet, regretting the decision. If we want to rejoin, it will take years also.
We will end up leaving, while still being subject to the same exact problems but also losing Scotland and Ireland.Leavers, are you hearing that? You voted to leave for NOTHING. The same people who gave you promises are currently in denial and now our part of Britain is wanting to leave. We're screwed. Cameron was right.
Reply 83
Original post by Trapz99
Lol why don't you guys be more optimistic? We can export more with the weaker pound. Also, we can be independent again and not be restricted by one random people from the EU government. Leaving won't be bad for the economy.

less restrictions? i think you mean less rights? The EU upheld fundamental individual rights such as the right to work, the right to property, thr right against poverty, the right to freedom and expression.
and dont even say we will have a british bill of rights like the US cause that doesnt work
the 2nd amendment has caused widespread gun crime. as seen in Orlando
the 3rd amendment isnt relevant for a modern society it was created in 1791
Reply 84
Original post by Trapz99

You need factories to export. British industry has almost vanished.
Original post by Elivercury
Obviously. No international companies are going to decide to leave the UK or not choose us in the future because we no longer offer them access to the single market.

Everyone loves the UK, they'll just throw money at us if we ask nicely.

They will. We are the fifth largest economy. We're doing very well and can do even greater things now.
Welcome inflation and unstable economy!
Original post by andrewUK
less restrictions? i think you mean less rights? The EU upheld fundamental individual rights such as the right to work, the right to property, thr right against poverty, the right to freedom and expression.
and dont even say we will have a british bill of rights like the US cause that doesnt work
the 2nd amendment has caused widespread gun crime. as seen in Orlando
the 3rd amendment isnt relevant for a modern society it was created in 1791

And why should we have our rights decided by people we didn't elect? Only our government should decide on rights.
Original post by Trapz99
And why should we have our rights decided by people we didn't elect? Only our government should decide on rights.

and why should our economy die because of some idiots who voted for sovereignty like little children
Original post by alevelstresss
and why should our economy die because of some idiots who voted for sovereignty like little children

The people voted for sovereignty. Not 'idiots'. We need to be an independent country and have independence.
Original post by Trapz99
They will. We are the fifth largest economy. We're doing very well and can do even greater things now.

Because obviously if you have to choose between the 5th largest and the largest, you'll choose the 5th largest...

I find it crazy that people think we somehow got to 5th purely by our own steam with zero collaboration or assistance along the way due to being a member of the EU.

Well, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, as they say. I suppose we'll see. I hope you're right.
Original post by Trapz99
The people voted for sovereignty. Not 'idiots'. We need to be an independent country and have independence.

They are idiots if they think that an abstract concept sovreignty outweighs the concrete fact that we will suffer economically AND Scotland/Northern Ireland could leave.
Original post by Trapz99

We literally dropped a place in the worlds largest economy, how can you even ****ing say that?
EU referendum result: Is this the vote that will lead to a Scottish independence referendum and break up the UK?
reality.png

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-referendum-result-nicola-sturgeon-martin-mcguiness-call-for-scotland-and-northern-ireland-to-stay-a7099911.html

Leavers is this what you wanted? I hope you're all glad now. Scotland if you want to leave Britain, do what's best for you. I'll join you as our economy is already a fail.
(edited 7 years ago)
They are idiots if they think that an abstract concept sovreignty outweighs the concrete fact that we will suffer economically AND Scotland/Northern Ireland could leave.

If you think the economy is more important than our freedom and democracy, why don't you go to China? They have a good economy there.
Reply 95
Original post by Elivercury
Because obviously if you have to choose between the 5th largest and the largest, you'll choose the 5th largest...

I find it crazy that people think we somehow got to 5th purely by our own steam with zero collaboration or assistance along the way due to being a member of the EU.

Well, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, as they say. I suppose we'll see. I hope you're right.

spot on
Yes we were the 5th largest economy when we were in the EU, when 50% of our trade went to the single market not now we have left the EU we certainly arent gonna be a large economy for many years. also banking is our main industry which has now suffered an incredibly damaging blow. watch the banks move elsewhere and the UK's economic status decline
Original post by andrewUK
spot on
Yes we were the 5th largest economy when we were in the EU, when 50% of our trade went to the single market not now we have left the EU we certainly arent gonna be a large economy for many years. also banking is our main industry which has now suffered an incredibly damaging blow. watch the banks move elsewhere and the UK's economic status decline

We are actually the sixth largest now thanks to the referendum, nice job everyone.
Original post by Trapz99
If you think the economy is more important than our freedom and democracy, why don't you go to China? They have a good economy there.

Stupid, self-contradictory statement, if you care so much about freedom why don't you go and live in the USA?
Stupid, self-contradictory statement, if you care so much about freedom why don't you go and live in the USA?

You can't just go live in the USA because, guess what, they can control immigration there.

And also I am British so I want to stay in my country and make it better.
(edited 7 years ago)
brb on way to purge parliament

Latest