The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
They will. We are the fifth largest economy. We're doing very well and can do even greater things now.

By 2050 we are set to be overtaken by Nigeria, Mexico, Brazil and Indonesia.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Because everything will be fine eh? :rolleyes:
I'm gonna move to Australia bye bye
Original post by Trapz99
You can't just go live in the USA because, guess what, they can control immigration there.

And also I am British so I want to stay in my country and make it better.

Same applies with China

do you see what kind of a massive nonce you are?
Original post by alevelstresss
Same applies with China

do you see what kind of a massive nonce you are?

No. I am intelligent.
LOL at the folk spouting Farage's nonsense.

Yes, exportation will likely go up with a weak pound in the immediate aftermath but that is because we are STILL in the E.U. just now. However when we leave, tariffs will make this more expensive.

Will trade stop with Germany/France etc, of course not. However, they will lessen because they want cheaper goods - fact!

Also, the working man on the street doesn't care about exporting - we don't own exporting business, we use our labour. We'll struggle just now because the price of goods are going to go up and the pound sterling in your pocket is now worth 10% less.
Original post by jg2012
LOL at the folk spouting Farage's nonsense.

Yes, exportation will likely go up with a weak pound in the immediate aftermath but that is because we are STILL in the E.U. just now. However when we leave, tariffs will make this more expensive.

Will trade stop with Germany/France etc, of course not. However, they will lessen because they want cheaper goods - fact!

Also, the working man on the street doesn't care about exporting - we don't own exporting business, we use our labour. We'll struggle just now because the price of goods are going to go up and the pound sterling in your pocket is now worth 10% less.

Yep and now the pound has fallen, pensions and savings are worth less. amazes me that so many people over 55 voted leave. the gov was struggling to support pensions before. well good luck getting a pension that is enough and sustainable to live off. cause we are all gonna be working longer now
Original post by Trapz99
If you think the economy is more important than our freedom and democracy, why don't you go to China? They have a good economy there.

China is a bad example because they aren't as rich as us. But if there was a country with a good economy and less freedoms and I could immigrate and already know the language? Hell yeah I'd move.
Original post by 16characterlimit
China is a bad example because they aren't as rich as us. But if there was a country with a good economy and less freedoms and I could immigrate and already know the language? Hell yeah I'd move.

Canada, sound economy, good rights and speak english.
Original post by The Epicurean
By 2050 we are set to be overtaken by Nigeria, Mexico, Brazil and Indonesia.

Shhh. Rule Brittannia and all that ehh?

Let them wave their flag with imperialistic jingoism. No facts - nothing.

Living in la la land.
I worry for UK.
Reply 111
I am quite frankly ashamed of this country, or 'countries' as it'll now become. No more Great Britain. Raw ignorance, at least Trump thinks it was a good decision, how comforting.
Reply 112
Original post by Foo.mp3

Yeah because the economy is collapsing :angry:
Our economy collapsed so badly France have overtaken us to be the 5th largest.

Just lol.
Original post by The Epicurean
FTSE 100 so far today. Shall have to wait till 2 to see how American markets react.

Expectation at about 6am was for the us to open 4pc down, probably a bit better now

Original post by Trapz99
Lol why don't you guys be more optimistic? We can export more with the weaker pound. Also, we can be independent again and not be restricted by one random people from the EU government. Leaving won't be bad for the economy.

Because they're so strongly indocrintated

Original post by Mattematics
Our economy collapsed so badly France have overtaken us to be the 5th largest.

Just lol.

Based solely on the exchange rate, nothing has actually happened to the economy yet, it's just when you convert into dollars, the pound should rebound over the weekend as it already is trying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jee1
Yeah because the economy is collapsing :angry:

It's doing so such thing just yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bella909
Can't believe we have decided to listen to the likes of Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and millions of uninformed voters who have no clue about the impact this will have on millions of others, who were voting under the premise we will gain back our 'British Sovereignty.' Truth is it has now been replaced with the uncertainty of political and financial instability.

Agreed!! Angry and devasted! Feel some unknowing people were brainwashed 😳
Original post by Zadkiel
Woke up with Brexit...

Markets are falling, Pound is falling to the lowest value in more than 40 years!

Reports say Northern Ireland and Scotland will vote to leave the UK.
Markets will prefer to trade with EU rather than UK and EU already reported they won't negotiate with UK a trade deal because "out means out".

Well done everyone... Well done Brits, today will start the ENGLISH independence day. Good luck with jobs - good luck because we will start getting the jobs the emigrants took, such as construction workers, McDonalds, etc.

Good luck to us all... the future won't be bright and a recession will come.

Yes! I live in NI and most of us would like to vote to leave uk and rejoin EU
Original post by Megan_Daisy
Agreed!! Angry and devasted! Feel some unknowing people were brainwashed 😳

Why is it so hard for you lot to simply accept democratic outcomes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
They will. We are the fifth largest economy. We're doing very well and can do even greater things now.

Not anymore(I know it's early days).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/23/markets-live-will-sterling-surge-or-slump-as-the-eu-referendum-c/

Latest

Trending

Trending