The Student Room Group

Vote Leaver's are not to blame - Corbyn and Labour are

The referendum has been and gone and now we have to live with the consequences. Vote Remain underperformed in many areas considered to be a Labour stronghold. I believe the biggest blame for the Vote Remains campaigns failing lies on Corbyn and Labours shoulders for not being vocal enough for Labour voters in wales/much of England.

Scroll to see replies

Corbin did not use a referendum to campaign for votes, so he had no obligation to work for it.
Original post by physicsphysics91
I believe the biggest blame for the Vote Remains campaigns failing lies on Corbyn and Labours shoulders for not being vocal enough for Labour voters in wales/much of England.

Corbyn was vocal towards the end. His contribution was to highlight that EU immigration cannot ever be controlled. I'm sure that had a significant effect.

His general performance was very corbynesque: lacklustre, lacking in leadership, indecisive, uncharismatic, vague, unconnected, dismissive.
I would have thought it would be the opposite (considering many migrants are labour). But more importantly, why is there an apostrophe in "leaver's"?
Original post by champ_mc99
I would have thought it would be the opposite (considering many migrants are labour). But more importantly, why is there an apostrophe in "leaver's"?

Because I had 4 hours sleep sorry :frown:
Original post by champ_mc99

Fun fact: Bradford voted out :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The referendum has been and gone and now we have to live with the consequences. Vote Remain underperformed in many areas considered to be a Labour stronghold. I believe the biggest blame for the Vote Remains campaigns failing lies on Corbyn and Labours shoulders for not being vocal enough for Labour voters in wales/much of England.

Pure speculation.

Its obvious who is to blame:
- the braindead idiots who live in 99% white hamlets far from any city who have no perspective of the world
- people who voted Tory and also voted remain, a referendum was clearly listed on his manifesto
- the people who didn't vote for whatever reason
- 80+ year olds who voted to leave for some vague xenophobic reason
The biggest blame is on David Cameron who was so vehemently calling for a referenderum to leave the EU the years approaching and during the general election.

He attempted a massive turn around, and of course it failed.

Well done for those who voted to Leave for nose diving our economy. For preventing the progression of science in the UK. And for all other forms of social progression that we were once proud of.
Original post by chemting
Fun fact: Bradford voted out :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it's one way to 'prove' their patriotism. :tongue:
Original post by alevelstresss
Pure speculation.

- the braindead idiots who live in 99% white hamlets far from any city who have no perspective of the world
- people who voted Tory and also voted remain, a referendum was clearly listed on his manifesto

Many of the under 25's who voted remain are students who dont pay taxes.
Many of the under 25's who voted remain are students who dont pay taxes.

So what? They're the ones to inherit this country, their decision is more important.
Pure speculation.

Your logic is faulty: the general election was not fought on the single issue of an EU referendum. It was a minor part of the total manifesto.

Insulting those who differ from you in politics (as brain dead) is neither productive nor sensible.

People who don't vote can be assumed, in practical terms, to be largely apathetic, undecided or, occasionally, unable to vote.
Original post by Good bloke
Your logic is faulty: the general election was not fought on the single issue of an EU referendum. It was a minor part of the total manifesto.

Insulting those who differ from you in politics (as brain dead) is neither productive nor sensible.

People who don't vote can be assumed, in practical terms, to be largely apathetic, undecided or, occasionally, unable to vote.

They are brain dead because they value a tiny bit of 'sovreignty' and 'democracy' over the concrete fact that Scotland is likely to win a 2nd referendum, when Northern Ireland will follow, and when our economy worsens and we have a concentration of more hard-right politicians.

what has happened will have massive worldwide implications, Europe may collapse, politicians are already calling for their own referendums in European countries

all for a tiny wincy bit of pathetic anti-immigrant hatred
They are brain dead because they value a tiny bit of 'sovreignty' and 'democracy' over the concrete fact that Scotland is likely to win a 2nd referendum, when Northern Ireland will follow, and when our economy worsens and we have a concentration of more hard-right politicians.

what has happened will have massive worldwide implications, Europe may collapse, politicians are already calling for their own referendums in European countries

all for a tiny wincy bit of pathetic anti-immigrant hatred

hehe. I suggest you calm down a bit.
hehe. I suggest you calm down a bit.

Hes an A-level student who couldnt even vote.
Hes an A-level student who couldnt even vote.

are you dumb? you can vote if you're 18 lmfao, and yes I did
to be fair, Labour had lost these voters long before this referendum and long before Corbyn rocked up in the scene.
As a Labour supporter and more or less a Corbyn supporter, I have to agree. He dropped the ball for the last time and must go, this is unacceptable.

Especially now we wont have the EU to protect us, Labour needs to bloody learn how to win an election. Another Blair is needed.
Reply 18

Actually the main reason people who don't vote don't vote is that they (somehow) managed to work out that their one single vote will never make an iota of difference to the outcome.

That's why I don't vote.
Reply 19
Original post by mojojojo101
to be fair, Labour had lost these voters long before this referendum and long before Corbyn rocked up in the scene.

Exactly.

It was New Labour that started to cause much of the anti immigration feeling that culminated in this result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending