The Student Room Group

Remainers are a ****ing whiny lot, ffs we haven't murdered anyone (rant)

Every dickhead on my Facebook feed has posted ominous posts berating the leave voters like a bunch of whiny petulant children. Things like 'I want to vomit', 'thanks everyone who ****ed us over, you selfish *****', 'it's a dark dark day today', 'thanks for ruining our lives'.

****ing hell we haven't declared war, it hasn't even been half a day and already they think they can predict the future. Complete and utter lefty idiots the lot of them, they've never seen hardship in their life and don't understand reality and the concept of hard work and struggle before you can reap the rewards. The absolute nativity of thinking that the world is one big friendly fluffy cloud where people hold hands and live happily ever after is insane. Utter loons.

I dont know a single person my age voting leave, but I feel like I have to defend myself. Just today some idiot at the gym tried to have a go at me when I told him I voted leave (he asked). Like mate, I dont want to have a bloomin debate with you on the gym floor especially when you completely stink.

For the Leave voters, fantastic stuff and i'm glad we managed to pull this off against all the odds. Think of it like being parents to children throwing tantrums. Of course theyre going to want to eat chocolate cake for lunch and dinner and throw tantrums like you've ruined their lives and are out to get them, but we know whats best and that preventing them from causing harm to themselves will do good in the long run even though they may not understand now (or ever) or take for granted that their is someone looking out for them.

Happy independence day.

(end rant)

Scroll to see replies

I agree, who are they to complain about the pound crashing and us already being reduced to 6th largest economy from fifth. We can't always eat cake and sometimes we need to create deliberately terrible situations for ourselves to teach ourselves the value of hard work.

Incidentally the guy trying to argue in the gym was a knob. It's for exercising, not politics.
Reply 2
I've experienced the same thing. I haven't spoken to most of my old friends from school for a while but given what they're spewing I wouldn't fancy discussing this referendum with them... you'd think we'd voted to kill all the world's puppies or something
Britain is behaving like a spoiled child who is running away to join the circus. Except they won't be able to creep back and be sent to bed with no tea.
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
Britain is behaving like a spoiled child who is running away to join the circus. Except they won't be able to creep back and be sent to bed with no tea.

it is absolute insanity, just shows how far reaching the damage is thanks to the coddling regressive left/liberals, no one can cope with anything that doesn't agree with them
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I've experienced the same thing. I haven't spoken to most of my old friends from school for a while but given what they're spewing I wouldn't fancy discussing this referendum with them... you'd think we'd voted to kill all the world's puppies or something

every time someone voted Leave a Kitten died

:emo:
Original post by tootles44
Every dickhead on my Facebook feed has posted ominous posts berating the leave voters like a bunch of whiny petulant children. Things like 'I want to vomit', 'thanks everyone who ****ed us over, you selfish *****', 'it's a dark dark day today', 'thanks for ruining our lives'.

****ing hell we haven't declared war, it hasn't even been half a day and already they think they can predict the future. Complete and utter lefty idiots the lot of them, they've never seen hardship in their life and don't understand reality and the concept of hard work and struggle before you can reap the rewards. The absolute nativity of thinking that the world is one big friendly fluffy cloud where people hold hands and live happily ever after is insane. Utter loons.

I dont know a single person my age voting leave, but I feel like I have to defend myself. Just today some idiot at the gym tried to have a go at me when I told him I voted leave (he asked). Like mate, I dont want to have a bloomin debate with you on the gym floor especially when you completely stink.

For the Leave voters, fantastic stuff and i'm glad we managed to pull this off against all the odds. Think of it like being parents to children throwing tantrums. Of course theyre going to want to eat chocolate cake for lunch and dinner and throw tantrums like you've ruined their lives and are out to get them, but we know whats best and that preventing them from causing harm to themselves will do good in the long run even though they may not understand now (or ever) or take for granted that their is someone looking out for them.

Happy independence day.

(end rant)

Probably largely unhelped by people going around cheering and saying 'happy independence day'. :h:

But I agree, there are some cynical people in the world, both as you've described and 'exiters' if you want to split people up into groups.
Reply 7
http://giphy.com/gifs/editingandlayout-the-office-thank-you-michael-scott-5xtDarmwsuR9sDRObyU
OT: How old are you? I'm 18 and judging by posts on Facebook I'm the only person who's voted leave of all my classmates/friends
(edited 7 years ago)
Facebook? Do people still use that?
tbh, all the remainers complaining on my fb like 'i'm moving to canada' are doing worthless degrees lol, soz pals you're stuck here.
You're the ones who values 'HUUU DUUU GETTING OUR DEMOCRACY BACK BLA BLA BLA'

and you're crying that people disagree with you?

SMH, you people are freaking pathetic
Reply 11
Original post by physicsphysics91
tbh, all the remainers complaining on my fb like 'i'm moving to canada' are doing worthless degrees lol, soz pals you're stuck here.

all the ones on mine are doing STEM degrees at decent unis, you'd think they would know. Maybe the leave supporters are just being quiet for exactly the same reason I am (they dont want to get practically ostracised).

Do you know leave supporters your age?
Haha it's funny seeing people on my timeline having a meltdown the spineless people
Well younger demographics use social media more[1]. Much easier to project their opinions.

[1]http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheets/social-networking-fact-sheet/
Reply 15
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Facebook? Do people still use that?

yeah, although Ive deleted so many people who keep making utterly ridiculous political posts (I'm talking about the whiny emotional types, not the factual stuff)

my friends count has reduced significantly over the last few weeks
Original post by tootles44
all the ones on mine are doing STEM degrees at decent unis, you'd think they would know. Maybe the leave supporters are just being quiet for exactly the same reason I am (they dont want to get practically ostracised).

Do you know leave supporters your age?

Its only me and one guy who went to Oxford doing STEM, all the rest are remain.
I'm becoming more and more embarrassed by the remain voters. Are they adults with jobs and families or children who get triggered when people disagree with them?
Reply 18
Original post by physicsphysics91
Its only me and one guy who went to Oxford doing STEM, all the rest are remain.

why do you think so few are for leave? obviously we think we made the right decision but why can't they see that?
There is quite a lot of people on my timeline who voted leave obviously as not everyone goes to uni and not everyone who does go to uni votes remain. Many people are showing their non existent knowledge of the markets and are having meltdowns. They don't understand the mentality of traders and how fundamentally they are reactionary and are quick to sell up positions and quick to buy depending on if they think a profit or loss is gonna be made

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending