The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
you voted remain right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't vote m8, I am not a big boy yet.

I am not educated enough on this EU issue to answer your question, but I think I am kind of neutral. I support the Leave campaign since it seems like UK has no freedom on its laws and I am quite a libertarian person, but I also support Remain campaign since I am pro-immigration and I am also an EU national (got permanent citizenship though so EU referendum doesn't affect me even slightly). However, current amounts of immigration can't be healthy so I don't know.

Why do you support Remain campaign?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well my area voted like just under 70%% leave. ****ing hell. I expected that tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Damn m8.

My area was one of the highest in the country for Remain - Lambeth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Farage has already broken his promise of 350 million going to the NHS on good morning. Farage also said not a single bullet was needed to be fired. What a nob

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh he disgusts me - the whole Leave campaign was largely based on lies and deceit, and I thought England was so much better than this. We will just turn into a tiny island full of xenophobia, debt and experts who are constantly being ignored. I don't envisage the future for myself that I once imagined - becoming a researcher, breaking new ground in Science, having a family and a career at the same time, living in prosperity in an England that is free from judgment and making strides in equality.

The worst thing is that people who have voted leave to 'rebel' against the establishment have supported the views of Farage, Boris Johnson, Rupert Murdoch and Donald Trump. What leaders.
Original post by jneill
Oxford 70% Remain
Cambridge 73% Remain

Small mercies....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bromley (where I come from) majority remain by about 2000 votes! I expected it to be at least 99% leave here so this is a pleasant surprise. Almost the whole of London was also for Remain so we should probably join Scotland in independence from England haha
Holy ****. Seen this first here.
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Bromley (where I come from) majority remain by about 2000 votes! I expected it to be at least 99% leave here so this is a pleasant surprise. Almost the whole of London was also for Remain so we should probably join Scotland in independence from England haha

My area is Grayling's constituency.
Amazingly it has voted Remain.
Again, very small mercies...
(edited 7 years ago)
Ugh he disgusts me - the whole Leave campaign was largely based on lies and deceit, and I thought England was so much better than this. We will just turn into a tiny island full of xenophobia, debt and experts who are constantly being ignored. I don't envisage the future for myself that I once imagined - becoming a researcher, breaking new ground in Science, having a family and a career at the same time, living in prosperity in an England that is free from judgment and making strides in equality.

The worst thing is that people who have voted leave to 'rebel' against the establishment have supported the views of Farage, Boris Johnson, Rupert Murdoch and Donald Trump. What leaders.

Lol are you ****ing kidding me?

All those names you listed are libertarians and anti-establishment. Easy to say that Trump is a 'racist bigot' when the media tells you he is every ****ing day. Wake up sheeple.

Your reply makes me want to support Leave even more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Insight314
Lol are you ****ing kidding me?

All those names you listed are libertarians and anti-establishment. Easy to say that Trump is a 'racist bigot' when the media tells you he is every ****ing say. Wake up sheeple.

Your reply makes me want to support Leave even more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did I say Trump was a racist bigot? I certainly disagree with a lot of his ideas but nothing he has said has been inherently racist.

Yeah, they're anti-establishment and libertarian but have already backtracked on claims they made about the NHS and the money we contribute to the EU, and on the immigration front, just look at what Daniel Hannan has already said. The point is that people have voted in favour of their views to make a point but it has just backfired. You're going to have to do a lot more to convince me that their campaign wasn't based on lies.

Well be ****ing happy that Leave has won then. Be happy that our economy is already crashing. Be happy that our nation is more divided than ever. Be happy now we have an incredibly uncertain future.
(edited 7 years ago)
When did I say Trump was a racist bigot? I certainly disagree with a lot of his ideas but nothing he has said has been inherently racist.

You indirectly implied that you believed in the **** that the media pours over him, by using him as a way to imply that people who voted to leave the EU have the same views as people who are considered politically incorrect, and controversial by the mainstream media.

I don't understand why I even have to explain this to you.

Edit: When did I even say that their campaign isn't based on lies? That is how campaigning works. You think the Remain campaign has never lied? This is how the world works, and I am just glad that for once it worked in favour for liberty and freedom, and against political correctness. Also, even though the economy would suffer in short-term, this would prove economically beneficial in the long term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Cameron has resigned from office. Boris Johnson is possibly replacing him.

It's a good day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You indirectly implied that you believed in the **** that the media pours over him, by using him as a way to imply that people who voted to leave the EU have the same views as people who are considered politically incorrect, and controversial by the mainstream media.

I don't understand why I even have to explain this to you.

Edit: When did I even say that their campaign isn't based on lies? That is how campaigning works. You think the Remain campaign has never lied? This is how the world works, and I am just glad that for once it worked in favour for liberty and freedom, and against political correctness. Also, even though the economy would suffer in short-term, this would prove economically beneficial in the long term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would hope that I could do a little bit more than just read a newspaper or watch a news channel and form an opinion based on one source - doesn't Science tell you exactly not to do that?

I'm very tired right now so I will end my points here, but I have to say this about the campaign - it has brought out the worst in people.
I hated the way both sides have conducted their campaign - the manipulation, lies, scaremongering etc. It is a sad day when this conduct is considered to generally be the "way the world works".
Reply 771
As an EU national coming to study this fall, **** this **** seriously. I didn't think it would happen but whad'ya know... Looks like my swanky economics diploma will find use in Frankfurt instead of London now.
Original post by eniet
As an EU national coming to study this fall, **** this **** seriously. I didn't think it would happen but whad'ya know... Looks like my swanky economics diploma will find use in Frankfurt instead of London now.

I sympathise with you, it must be really frustrating for the UK to leave EU right when you need it for student loans in university and such. Isn't there another way to pay the tuition fees though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exams all done now.
I've underpeformed in C4, despite the questions being of standard difficulty. I most likely won't get the A* in Maths, hopefully the UMS makes up an A. (I'm not going anywhere near unofficial mark schemes or anything). Banking on Biology and Chemistry for my 2 A*s :redface:

At least I can distract myself with the EU referendum vote! Something to get angry about and my mask my feelings about C4...

Oh **** you guys have already started fighting. Need to read up...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
Exams all done now.
I've underpeformed in C4, despite the questions being of standard difficulty. I most likely won't get the A* in Maths, hopefully the UMS makes up an A. (I'm not going anywhere near unofficial mark schemes or anything). Banking on Biology and Chemistry for my 2 A*s :redface:

At least I can distract myself with the EU referendum vote! Something to get angry about and my mask my feelings about C4...

Nice, enjoy your summer now. :smile: I still have two exams left next week (FP3 on Monday and Physics Unit 5 on Tuesday) but I can't revise for them right now due to the referendum haha; they are easy though.

You were for Remain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, enjoy your summer now. :smile: I still have two exams left next week (FP3 on Monday and Physics Unit 5 on Tuesday) but I can't revise for them right now due to the referendum haha; they are easy though.

You were for Remain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep
My area was 61% Leave and on my way to college I gave dirts to everyone who looked like they voted leave.

Tbh half the people in my town pass their time smoking weed outside the JSA office so it was hardly surprising that we'd get this result.
Is anyone throwing away their A level notes for everything? I go to boarding school so I'd rather not keep any unnecessary weight. x_x But slightly conflicted...
Original post by stump-y
Is anyone throwing away their A level notes for everything? I go to boarding school so I'd rather not keep any unnecessary weight. x_x But slightly conflicted...

I've kept all the class booklets in a suitcase in my bedroom lol (I might throw them out after results day, if my results are fine and I don't have to redo A Levels...)
I've kept the very condensed notes I made for my subjects in a plastic wallet that I intend to take with me to uni (if I get there!)
Original post by stump-y

Lol us mathmos have no notes haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending