The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
What did people get for the integration by substitution and the straight integration?? Q 2 and 3 i believe
Original post by ali malikzade
unlucky dude the last one is y=e^ln(1/144)+2

Mine is the simplified version of that , which is what they asked for, you'd drop one mark for your answer
Marks

1- 3 marks
2- 5 marks
3- 5 marks
4?
5?
6?
7?
8?
9i ?
9ii 7 marks
9iii 3 marks
9iv 2 marks
10i ?
10ii 7 marks
Original post by banksy0312
Did you get 18 ln something - 27/4 on one of the integrals?

It was 5. Something in not exact value I think
Original post by TheNicholas
Mine is the simplified version of that , which is what they asked for, you'd drop one mark for your answer

ah okay well done it looks like most of ur answers are correct anyways good look for uni
Original post by Fucxucucu
No A=e^ln(1/144)
A= 1/144
So is (1/144)e^2

I think

Yeah i know i put it in a really stupid form. Wasn't thinking. Technically I think I'm right though because my answer is equivalent and I put it in the form they wanted. I guess I'll have to see.

As an overall exam I don't think it was much harder or easier than anything other paper. Boundary will be 60/61?
Reply 146
How many marks do you think would be lost for wrong partial fractions but correct methods in the last q?

that simplifies to (1/144)e^2 as e^(ln(x)+a)=xe^a
ah okay well done it looks like most of ur answers are correct anyways good look for uni

Thanks, you too :smile:
Original post by tmoss99
Yeah i know i put it in a really stupid form. Wasn't thinking. Technically I think I'm right though because my answer is equivalent and I put it in the form they wanted. I guess I'll have to see.

As an overall exam I don't think it was much harder or easier than anything other paper. Boundary will be 60/61?

60 for the A or A*?!
Reply 150
Original post by 16characterlimit
I was an idiot in the last question and left it as (9/1296)e^2

Will I lose a mark?

No. Marscheme would say "or unsimplified equivalent" in the margin I'm fairly sure :smile: As long as its in the form Ae^n then it's okay.
Original post by Sid1234
60 for the A or A*?!
A* haha
Reply 152
Can anyone remember how to get the Cartesian equation in question 9?
I got 2x^3 - 6x^2 + 5x but i don't think its right

That is equivalent to his answer but his is in the correct form.
Original post by TheNicholas
What did you put?

I put exactly what u put but as a coordinate not position vector
Original post by mil88
With due respect, I am saying this without all the added exam stress.

Have a look at what people said last year about their c4 exam, every year people always say "This is the hardest exam ever".

It's not! Have a look at June 14 c4, the questions there were much more challenging then what we had today.

Tbh last year ther was one hard question, the differential equations question, and the rest was extremely easy. This year the integration was really hard imo, not the hardest but still pretty bad.
Anyone have ideas on how many marks needed for B/A/A*/100 ums?
Can someone put together an unofficial markscheme :smile:
what were the solutions for the stationary points part 9ii) ?
did anyone get something like (3-root3)/3 for x
then + or - root6/9 or something for y ?
if i didnt finish the last q and put ln(y) =(ln(1/144)+2) how many do you think ill lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending