The Student Room Group

Edexcel S4 - Friday 24th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Also what was everyones 99% confindence interval??
It must have been eSy cause i only learnt it yesterday and got quite a few questions right.
Reply 142
Q1 test statistic was 2.68
Q2 1.51
S was a better estimator, right ?
Last question interval was 24.1 to 53.1
Same, I also learnt most of it yesterday and I found it pretty easy :0

Question 1: Significant (designer)
Question 2: Not significant for both mean and standard deviation (pigs)
Question 3: 0.3828 for the Type II Error
Question 4: Test A was better
Question 5: Not significant for both F-test variance and two sample t-test (fire brigade)
Question 6: End up with n>1 S is better than Y
Question 7: 76.1, 1034 (I should be right, it asked for the confidence interval for variance instead of mean)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 144
What did everyone get for the last one ?
Original post by NewMedic

Question 5: Not significant for both F-test variance and two sample t-test (fire brigade)
Question 7: 76.1, 1034 (I should be right, it asked for the confidence interval for variance instead of mean)

Yep I agree Q6/7 Was you test statisic in Q2 1.511?
In Q1 my test statistic was like 0.something. Mustve made a mistake with the S_p.
Reply 146
what was the hypothesis for the first one? Just want to make sure I didn't **** up and I got (76.something and 1034.something) for the last one
Original post by physicsmaths
Yep I agree Q6/7 Was you test statisic in Q2 1.511?
In Q1 my test statistic was like 0.something. Mustve made a mistake with the S_p.

I *think* I recognise that number, not quite sure though
Reply 148

Did you find the 99% confidence interval. Since the one for the mean was 95%. Also you had to use the Chi- Squared tables
Original post by SargentZenj2
Did you find the 99% confidence interval. Since the one for the mean was 95%. Also you had to use the Chi- Squared tables

That's what I did... Did I get it wrong?
That's what I did... Did I get it wrong?

No right
Reply 151
Weren't you meant to find the mean by adding the two values and dividing by 2. The use one of the bounds eg lower to work out the sample variance by using xbar -t9(0.025) x s/root(n)

And rearrange to get S
Then square S and use the (n-1)S^2 / Chi squared values?

Came out to 76.something and 1034. Something
Reply 152
Original post by SB0073
Weren't you meant to find the mean by adding the two values and dividing by 2. The use one of the bounds eg lower to work out the sample variance by using xbar -t9(0.025) x s/root(n)

And rearrange to get S

Yeah i did that and got a different answer. Did you use the chi squared for 0.005 and 0.995. With 9 degrees of freedom
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 153
Original post by SargentZenj2
Yeah i did that and got a different answer. Did you use the chi squared for 0.005 and 0.995. With 9 degrees of freedom

Yea, I also remember double checking my Sample standard deviation. It was so thing like 14.something. Gave a sample variance of like 199.something I think
Reply 154
Grade boundary predictions anyone? How does this compare to last years? I thought last years wasn't that bad tbh. Also what was the hypothesis for the first question(t-paired)? Hoping I didn't mess that one up.
Original post by SB0073

And rearrange to get S

Yes. I got ur answers dw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Unofficial mark scheme due any time soon? With the marks because I forgot everything from the exam.
Calling it 71 for a 90 UMS and 76/75 for 100 (:biggrin:)
Reply 157
Can anyone remember the hypothesis for the firs Q along with the value of the test statistic?
Original post by SB0073
Can anyone remember the hypothesis for the firs Q along with the value of the test statistic?

Hypothesis was H0 : mu = 2, H1, mu > 2

Test statistic was about 2.6
What was the critical region on Q where asked? I always get that wrong in S2 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending