The Student Room Group

Edexcel S4 - Friday 24th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I got type I error as 2*0.0207 = 0.0414
Reply 181
Original post by coolguy123456
I don't think it was 0.404, that's way too big for a type 1 error, and SB007, do you mean 15 for part c? I used p=0.25 and did P(X>=6) (I think
Can't quite remember)

I cant remember what questions which and which answer goes to what question :P But I remember x<=5 and x>=15 for part a) of a question. :s-smilie: sorry I cant help more

I think I remember getting 0.0207+0.0207=0.0414 for that question too
Maybe actual significance level/size of test?
Reply 182
Original post by TLDM
I got type I error as 2*0.0207 = 0.0414

What did you get for the type 2 after I remember writing something like Y~B(20,0.25)

Then trying to find P(5<Y<15) = P(6<=Y<=14)
Original post by SB0073
I cant remember what questions which and which answer goes to what question :P But I remember x<=5 and x>=15 for part a) of a question. :s-smilie: sorry I cant help more

Ahh i did just 0.0207, realise now i should have done >=15 too
Original post by SB0073

That's it, 0.0414 not 0.0404 :P can't remember my answers right
Reply 185
Original post by SB0073
What did you get for the type 2 after I remember writing something like Y~B(20,0.25)

Then trying to find P(5<Y<15) = P(6<=Y<=14)

I can't remember the value I got, but I did the same thing with p=0.25 and finding P(X<=14) - P(X<=5).
Hi,

I stored some of my results in my calculator. Sorry, I can't remember which questions they are from:

interval for variance (76.07, thousand something) - Q7
(edited 7 years ago)
reckon i got 69 minimum absolutely beasted that paper!
I just hope I didn't do some stupid mistakes. The paper was easy I think: No Poisson (I hate that distribution), easy estimator question, no definitions...
Grade boundary for A* 70/71 do you reckon?
Also, worried a bit now- I did 99% CI for mean but spotted the mistake, put all that work in bracket with comment "unnecessary" and did all the correct work for the variance interval. Will they mark me down if I haven't crossed out the working for interval of mean, even though I commented on it being unnecessary?
Original post by Diraculous
Also, worried a bit now- I did 99% CI for mean but spotted the mistake, put all that work in bracket with comment "unnecessary" and did all the correct work for the variance interval. Will they mark me down if I haven't crossed out the working for interval of mean, even though I commented on it being unnecessary?

If you make multiple attempts at a question they'll mark all attempts and give you the marks for the single highest scoring attempt. So you should be fine.

I'm annoyed about the last question, didn't notice it was for variance. Other than that think it went really well.
Question 7 was a batty question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what these values are but I saved from my calculator:
Original post by electrifeye
If you make multiple attempts at a question they'll mark all attempts and give you the marks for the single highest scoring attempt. So you should be fine.

I'm annoyed about the last question, didn't notice it was for variance. Other than that think it went really well.

Original post by ragreener1
Question 7 was a batty question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same... Sneaky

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Euclidean
I did the same... Sneaky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you reckon we could pick up maybe 4/9 marks for Q7 if we calculated the mean C.I? We would've had to find s/root(n) at least - up until there it would've been correct. I mean that would be marks for subtracting the mean and dividing by the correct t-critical values. Sneaky buggers.
Reply 196
Grade boundaries anyone? How did this compare to previous years? Will anyone be making a MS for this module?
Reply 197
A couple of people have had 0.68 stored in their calculator - what was this for? I recognise most/all of the other numbers but not that one.
Original post by Trystalos
Do you reckon we could pick up maybe 4/9 marks for Q7 if we calculated the mean C.I? We would've had to find s/root(n) at least - up until there it would've been correct. I mean that would be marks for subtracting the mean and dividing by the correct t-critical values. Sneaky buggers.

I would have thought that maybe 4-5 of the marks would be for finding the mean & s.d, that's half the solution after all. So we could still get A* if we made no other mistakes, not sure if I did or not.
It was the value of R in the power table I think

Quick Reply