The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deadroad
Oh, in which case the integral can be rewritten as:
integral of 12 - 3cos8x correct?

6-3cos8x

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was question 4? and I didn't see the y on the right in the last question but apart from that did the integration right but obviously got the wrong equation so many marks lost?????????????
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by marioman
I've not seen this paper but June 2014 has at least 7 marks which were scored by very few candidates -- checking that the lines were distinct in 5(ii), the last two marks for the graph in 7(iii) and the last four marks in 10(i). From looking at the reactions to this paper it seems that there were no particularly challenging questions, so I would expect higher than that for 90 UMS.

I'd estimate it to be 60-64 for an A*
For the 3/8 pi answer I got 3/8 pi - 3/8 instead of plus 3/8. How many marks would I lose?

Oh yes, the negative six multiplies by positive 1. Hence 9 - 6 = 3. Urgh this is very annoying. Would I get marks for going through the following method correctly, just lose accuracy mark due to silly mistake?
Original post by M12345689
what grade do people think 61 marks will be?

A or a low A* I think.
Anyone got a copy of the paper? I want to predict any ecfs i got and my total mark. Cheers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by deadroad
Oh yes, the negative six multiplies by positive 1. Hence 9 - 6 = 3. Urgh this is very annoying. Would I get marks for going through the following method correctly, just lose accuracy mark due to silly mistake?

Absolutely no clue, it's possible but I'm not too certain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dom1997
I'd estimate it to be 60-64 for an A*

it will be 60 for A*, guaranteed.
Original post by Bennybennyboy142
I want to predict any ecfs i got

Probably none. FT (follow through) marks as they are called in maths are given very sparingly. Usually one mistake will cost you the rest of the accuracy marks for that question, although method marks are still available.
what was the top part on the equation for the partial fractions?
think i got around 58-56 on this paper and 60 on C3, are my chances of an A* gone would you say?
Probably none. FT (follow through) marks as they are called in maths are given very sparingly. Usually one mistake will cost you the rest of the accuracy marks for that question, although method marks are still available.

Ye sorry, method marks! :smile: Didn't end up with the correct answer for Q4. Q10ii I set up what I believe to be the correct differential equation and integrated it including +c. Messed up the next step! How many marks would you estimate id get for that? Other than that I found the paper okay, 61/62 A* id say!
Does anyone have a copy of the paper itself?
Original post by Bennybennyboy142
Ye sorry, method marks! :smile: Didn't end up with the correct answer for Q4. Q10ii I set up what I believe to be the correct differential equation and integrated it including +c. Messed up the next step! How many marks would you estimate id get for that? Other than that I found the paper okay, 61/62 A* id say!

I didn't do this paper so haven't seen it, if someone posts a copy I will try and give you an idea!
Someone post the frickin Q 3 plz
I didn't do this paper so haven't seen it, if someone posts a copy I will try and give you an idea!

Thank you! hopefully the paper will be posted. cheers though.
Reply 257
Original post by Matt12423
Someone post the frickin Q 3 plz

it was posted a while back. this is not my working, there is one more step where you have to simplify the 1/x^2 by multiplying top and bottom by x^2 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=556031&d=1466772342
If i put, 1/44+e^2 how many marks would i lose?
Original post by Robbobigbois
If i put, 1/44+e^2 how many marks would i lose?

Uhm, 2 or 3 maybe, assuming you messed up the part about raising everything to e

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending