The Student Room Group

And so it begins - Morgan Stanley

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Trapz99
What about the people who can't speak German? I wouldn't mind working in Germany though since I can speak German semi-proficiently but not fluently enough for business.

They go to Dublin and drink Guinness. Win win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Morgan Stanley flatly denies reports that it has begun the process of relocation, saying: “The UK’s vote to leave the European Union is a very significant decision which will have a considerable impact, the extent of which will not be known for some time. There will be at least a period of two years before an actual exit takes place, so there will be time to implement any changes required to adjust our business to the new environment."

Nice try.
Original post by jneill
They go to Dublin and drink Guinness. Win win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't mind living in Dublin to be honest. It seems a lot less polluted than London.
Reply 23

"The American investment bank said it has no official plans"

Hmm, and what about unofficial... :wink:

BBC is standing by the story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Dublin is very nice. Expensive (and getting more expensive), but nice...

:smile:

:yep: been there a couple of times and loved it

I'd gladly live there but they don't have robots :frown:
For the last 8 years it's been "**** off bankers", why the change of heart?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
**** should've done food tech, what's the point of getting into a target now
Reply 28
Original post by + polarity -
:yep: been there a couple of times and loved it

I'd gladly live there but they don't have robots :frown:

Trinity?
http://www.tcd.ie/mecheng/research/robotics/

Or your own start-up? :wink:
Original post by jneill
Trinity?
http://www.tcd.ie/mecheng/research/robotics/

Mind me asking do yeh leave in the UK

dodgy territory for Ireland atm...at least UK can control their faith..Ireland is very vulnerable....the above being one of a few positives from Brexit
Reply 30
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Mind me asking do yeh leave in the UK

dodgy territory for Ireland atm...at least UK can control their faith..Ireland is very vulnerable....the above being one of a few positives from Brexit

control their faith?

I'm in the UK. Of Irish heritage.
We were the trading hub until you and your brethren decided to vote out...

THANK YOU :adore:

:giggle: One day.
Original post by jneill
control their faith?

I'm in the UK. Of Irish heritage.
yeh were heavily reliant on UK so in many ways we are in less control than them.

theres little we can do, nice one!
Reply 34
Original post by trustmeimlying1
yeh were heavily reliant on UK so in many ways we are in less control than them.

faith?

with a "h"??

I thought the RC church did a pretty good job of controlling the faith in the RoI?
Yh, not like London was the hub of trading forex, or fixed income instruments. Definitely not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Princepieman
Yh, not like London was the hub of trading forex, or fixed income instruments. Definitely not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you see the LSE/Boerse merger might be at risk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Be optimistic, guys. I changed my mind towards leaving in the end (I didn't actually vote since I'm 17) and I think we'll be fine as a country on our own.
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

These guys...Honestly they've ruined the UK. I mean its not like the 50s ffs..we don't make anything or do anything special..the rest of world comes to London to trade, all the MNCS and Japanese car plants here will go..no doubt (if we cant negotiate a good enough deal with the EU).

Quick Reply