The Student Room Group

AQA Mathematics MD01 Decision 1 – Friday 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
What did people put for part C of Chinese postman about dipak wanting to finish at his house D? How many marks was that part
Also for the last question I got £600 for P because when using calculator I put 20x and 15y instead but I got correct X and y, how many lost again?
Original post by BanterBus
Core 3 will be low dw :wink: Literally no-one I asked found it easy and twitter was going mental. 60 was an A last year so you should safely by around an A boundary, even if it goes up by 1 or two marks which it most likely will.

what are you thinking grade boundaries wise for C3?

I bombed out and this is not just me being butthurt (it is a bit, but) i thought it was GENUINELY unfair.

I need 220 UMS this year to get an A overall since I got 260 AS

35-40 raw on C3
55 raw on C4
65 raw on D1

looking like ill miss my offer?
Original post by SM-
What did people put for part C of Chinese postman about dipak wanting to finish at his house D? How many marks was that part
Also for the last question I got £600 for P because when using calculator I put 20x and 15y instead but I got correct X and y, how many lost again?

3 and then 2 for the total visits at each vertex iirc
Reply 143
3 and then 2 for the total visits at each vertex iirc

I don't understand, which part are you talking about?
Original post by hi-zen-berg
what are you thinking grade boundaries wise for C3?

I bombed out and this is not just me being butthurt (it is a bit, but) i thought it was GENUINELY unfair.

I need 220 UMS this year to get an A overall since I got 260 AS

35-40 raw on C3
55 raw on C4
65 raw on D1

looking like ill miss my offer?

35-40 is such a big range considering i'm sure lots of people got around these marks, so it'll be tight.
40 could possibly be a C, no-one will fully know because there wasn't a comparable c3 paper to this years imo.
Assuming u got 40;
c3 - 60/100 c4 - 80/100 d1 - 83/100 Total: 483/600
Basically 3 UMS in an A, but 35 could be a D/E which is up to 20 ums for only 5 marks... It'll be close but it's done now so don't worry! I'm in the same situation for a B :wink:
Original post by SM-
I don't understand, which part are you talking about?

The part where we had to find the new minimum distance for dipak was 3 marks i think. There was 2/3 parts after that too which where also 1/2 marks each.
35-40 is such a big range considering i'm sure lots of people got around these marks, so it'll be tight.
40 could possibly be a C, no-one will fully know because there wasn't a comparable c3 paper to this years imo.
Assuming u got 40;
c3 - 60/100 c4 - 80/100 d1 - 83/100 Total: 483/600
Basically 3 UMS in an A, but 35 could be a D/E which is up to 20 ums for only 5 marks... It'll be close but it's done now so don't worry! I'm in the same situation for a B :wink:

STRESSSSSSSS

thanks man. best of luck; i tried repping but it said rep other members :P
Original post by hi-zen-berg
STRESSSSSSSS

thanks man. best of luck; i tried repping but it said rep other members :P

Haha rep doesn't matter :P thanks anyway! Gl to you too.
Reply 148
The part where we had to find the new minimum distance for dipak was 3 marks i think. There was 2/3 parts after that too which where also 1/2 marks each.

Do you know how many I would lose for the last question or atleast how many marks the last part of the last question was?
Easy paper? Reckon 63/75 for A
Original post by SM-
Do you know how many I would lose for the last question or atleast how many marks the last part of the last question was?

Did you sketch your objective line on the graph wrong due to writing x and y the wrong way around? If so then it'll be a 1/2 marks for that and then 2 marks for finding the wrong x and y values. You should still pick up the final mark for subbing your x and y values into the P equation though - otherwise they'd be pretty harsh. Overall maybe 3 or 4?
There a good mark scheme about yet?
For question 8bi. Did anyone get two different max values for X,y which both have £520? 9,18. 8, 28 ish?
Hm I'm not understanding why 2bii was 6. I'm getting 7. Isn't the result after the sixth pass when 4 is at the beginning with element 7 and 8 compared?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by -jordan-
Hm I'm not understanding why 2bii was 6. I'm getting 7. Isn't the result after the sixth pass when 4 is at the beginning with element 7 and 8 compared?

Yeah I got 7 too, it's only thing I got wrong :frown:
Original post by OturuDansay
Yeah I got 7 too, it's only thing I got wrong :frown:

I'm wondering if people got 6 because they wrote out a list of numbers to sort and counted that as the first pass? Then forget about the additional line at the end (hence when they still got 9 passes in total).
I'm wondering if people got 6 because they wrote out a list of numbers to sort and counted that as the first pass? Then forget about the additional line at the end (hence when they still got 9 passes in total).

Yeah I was thinking the same. did he question asked for the amount of passes? cant remember
Original post by OturuDansay
Yeah I was thinking the same. did he question asked for the amount of passes? cant remember

First part was number of passes, then it was max number of comparisons on pass six, then total number of swaps for a list completely in reverse. I got: 9, 7, 45
First part was number of passes, then it was max number of comparisons on pass six, then total number of swaps for a list completely in reverse. I got: 9, 7, 45

Ahh yeah I got the exact same thing.
Pretty sure it was 7 but guess not lol
Did anyone get F and H for part 5b?

Quick Reply