The Student Room Group

Edexcel P3 Physics Exam *Unofficial Mark Scheme* 24th June 2016

Hey guys! How was the exam? Discuss your answers here :smile:

I found that the written questions were better than the calculations, but it was a mixed bag to be honest. How about you?

What did you put for the charge of a alpha nucleus?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I got D for the charge - +3.2 x 10^-19?
Reply 2
Original post by Ninestars
I got D for the charge - +3.2 x 10^-19?
I put that too:smile:
I found it a beautiful paper!
Predicted grade boundaries?
What did everyone get for the new volume question? I got like 123m^3, but I'm awful at gas calculations so I'm unsure:s-smilie:
What did everyone get for the new volume question? I got like 123m^3, but I'm awful at gas calculations so I'm unsure:s-smilie:

Yeah i got 123 too.
Reply 6
What did everyone get for the intensity question near the end? Did the power have to be first be converted to watts by dividing by 1000?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dan9909
What did everyone get for the intensity question near the end? Did the power have to be first be converted to watts by dividing by 1000?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember, but i know i divided by 1000 as the answer was in W so had to convert kw into watts.
Original post by dan9909

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got like 22,200 W/m^2:confused:
Reply 9
Ah I got similar. That's a relief

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got like 22,200 W/m^2:confused:

I got 22,222 too for the voltage one.
There was so much maths i can't remember which answers i put
Original post by XherdanXhaka
I got 22,222 too for the voltage one.

The calculations are not hard, it's just that the numbers are so messed up and when i square rooted one of them, i got like 15,625 or something. It's always square rooting some big numbers.
Original post by XherdanXhaka
The calculations are not hard, it's just that the numbers are so messed up and when i square rooted one of them, i got like 15,625 or something. It's always square rooting some big numbers.

I think I got that too for the velocity question or something. At first, my calculator kept saying maths error because the numbers were too big to square root at the same time, so I had to square root the answer separately.
Did anyone get like 2.2222222 x 10^13 or something for an answer?
Lovely paper to finish my GCSE's on! :-)
Reply 16
Original post by Liv123456789
Did anyone get like 2.2222222 x 10^13 or something for an answer?

I got that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
What did you get for that volume question? I got 120 something- can't remember exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did people put for describing the graph?I put that volume and pressure are inversely proportionate so as the volume increases the pressure decreases. Also i attached my line of best fit to the y axis, is this right?
Reply 19
Original post by TSR778899
what did people put for describing the graph?I put that volume and pressure are inversely proportionate so as the volume increases the pressure decreases. Also i attached my line of best fit to the y axis, is this right?

I put exactly the same thing for that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending