The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Further Mathematics Level 2-2016

I just sat the Further Maths Level 2 GCSE set by AQA and for 2 questions, one of which was worth 3 marks and the other worth 4, I did not put any working. I am pretty sure I got the correct answer (as I got the same as my friends) but I worked it out using the calculator and forgot to write the working out. Would I lose marks for this or would I gain full marks for both considering my answers were right?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by dp00
I just sat the Further Maths Level 2 GCSE set by AQA and for 2 questions, one of which was worth 3 marks and the other worth 4, I did not put any working. I am pretty sure I got the correct answer (as I got the same as my friends) but I worked it out using the calculator and forgot to write the working out. Would I lose marks for this or would I gain full marks for both considering my answers were right?

Thanks!

It depends if the question stated that 'you MUST give reasons for your answer'
No it didn't say anything like that at all. It just said "Work out..." and it was 3 marks for the first one and 4 for the second one. Would I get all the marks then?
If you look at the Mark Schemes, every question requires method marks.

You'll likely only get one mark :frown:
Original post by dp00

Thanks!

Original post by FredTheBaker
If you look at the Mark Schemes, every question requires method marks.

You'll likely only get one mark :frown:

Yh, i believe for normal maths you don't need working unless it specifically states so. For further maths this is the same, however, for questions more than 2 marks, there tend to be only 1 or 2 B1 and A1 marks, (i.e. marks for answer regardless of method), which implies the other 2 are awarded on the presence of working. Though, I could be totally wrong! Hopefully!
I also did the Edexcel normal Mathamtics B and a 5 mark question said you had to work out an estimate. I guessed and my answer was right according to my friends! Would I get all the marks for this as well? Note that this was normal and Not Further Maths
Reply 6
How many school lessons/hours did everyone get for further maths per week, as my school only had one hour per week?
We did virtually nothing. Our teacher did maybe 2 hours every 3 weeks...
Reply 8
is there an unofficial mark scheme for paper 2
i don't think so I tried to find one but...

Quick Reply

Latest