Scroll to see replies

Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Predicted boundaries for this paper:

100ums - 75
90ums - 72
80ums - 69
70ums - 66

Etc..

This was the easiest C4 paper for many many years, so expect sky high grade boundaries. And yes they CAN be that high, as was the case for the January 2011 C4 paper, which had the exact same boundaries as above.😉

Obviously that had a smaller sample of entrants and most would be significantly better than average (either taking early or resitting and more overall understanding)
I think the highest A* could go is 71, putting A on 67 (as I think A* boundary - A boundary = 100 UMS boundary - A* boundary IIRC)
Original post by babiiii
Thank you.

Getting the final correct answer is always only A1 mark on the mark scheme so don't panic :smile:
Reply 282
Original post by fefssdf
Getting the final correct answer is always only A1 mark on the mark scheme so don't panic :smile:

but i didn't find 544pi also
Original post by babiiii
but i didn't find 544pi also

ohh sorry yeh you'll lose more than 1 then but as long as your method was right i wouldn't worry
I hope so. Thank you that actually made me feel a bit better
Original post by Madasmaths
Same how many marks for 4a?

I think it was 3 or 4 marks
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Obviously that had a smaller sample of entrants and most would be significantly better than average (either taking early or resitting and more overall understanding)
I think the highest A* could go is 71, putting A on 67 (as I think A* boundary - A boundary = 100 UMS boundary - A* boundary IIRC)

If this is true then I'm not getting an A in maths. 67 for an A seems a bit harsh ??
Hey guys with the differential equation , what did the question ask you to express the answer in terms of ???
Boundaries will definitely be quite high but not 72 for an A* IMO. I would go for 70A*, 65A, etc...
Original post by lfcrules
Hey guys with the differential equation , what did the question ask you to express the answer in terms of ???

express x in terms of t. x=60e^-2.5t
can someone give a breakdown of how many marks for each question please? thanks :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
If this is true then I'm not getting an A in maths. 67 for an A seems a bit harsh ??

Very, yes. It was the boundary for S2 and FP2 last year, those were both particularly easy papers. I didn't sit this, I dunno exactly how easy it was, but I really doubt it would go above that and so am just saying what is the worst case scenario. I guess I'll see it at some point..
Original post by Patrick Gekko
express x in terms of t. x=60e^-2.5t

I left it in terms of t and on x , how many marks do you think I'll lose? ?
I left it in terms of t and on x , how many marks do you think I'll lose? ?

not sure but I'd guess 2 (out of 4)
Reply 294
I made the following errors:

On 6)d) I forgot to multiply my answer through by 8 and I also accidentally wrote that sin(2pi/3)=1/2 instead of root3/2.
On 7)b) I calculated the volume beneath the curve to be 1024pi/5. I also calculated that the small cylinder between x=0 and x=1/2 would have volume 32pi - I then added these volumes together to obtain my final answer.
On 8)e) I accidentally put the wrong coordinates in the wrong vectors - ie, all my working was correct but my final answers were (3, 33/5, 16/5) and (-1, 17/5 and 4/5).

I need an A in this paper as I got 100UMS in C3 last year and I need an A* grade. Could somebody estimate how many marks I will have lost and whether this will be an A or not please? Thank you
Original post by Patrick Gekko
not sure but I'd guess 2 (out of 4)

Sorry meant ln x XD , do you think I'd lose a mark for not simplifying 8pi/6 to 4pi/3
Original post by iBall
Bless up, think I agree with all the marks but probs lost one for not simplifying 6d. Did it ask for simplest form?

I'm in the same boat, pretty sure that's all that let me down - I cant remember simplifying my answer to that. Should be alright If it didn't say about answering in simplest form..
Sorry meant ln x XD , do you think I'd lose a mark for not simplifying 8pi/6 to 4pi/3

thought was was a bit strange haha! then you might lose just one, but it could still be 2. and for not simplifying you'll lose 1 max, but it depends if the q asked for it in its simplest form?
Original post by Jabbasalacious
Also does anyone are there worked solutions to the last question? I think I got the right answer but I can't quite remember

13524051_1462594043766486_892640179_o.jpg
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Very, yes. It was the boundary for S2 and FP2 last year, those were both particularly easy papers. I didn't sit this, I dunno exactly how easy it was, but I really doubt it would go above that and so am just saying what is the worst case scenario. I guess I'll see it at some point..

Going by this then the boundaries would look something like this..

67- 80
68- 83
69- 85
70 - 88
71- 90
72- 93
73- 95
74- 98
75- 100

Quick Reply